It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC caught using edited baby picture to push measles vaccination agenda.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

NBC News Caught Faking Photo Of Baby Infected With Measles.

Original article with the video containing the fake image:

Nurses Who Vaccinate: Anti-vaccine myth dispeller talks with Lester Holt.

She was shocked that nurses were involved in spreading vaccine myths online...

...But her early encounters with nurses who were opposed to vaccines were frustrating.

You would think that it may be a type of wake up call especially when those warning about the potential dangers of vaccines are other medical professionals, in this case, other nurses...

Link to stock pic:

Cute little innocent baby.

Direct link to "doctored" image in video.

Its strange when they do things like this.

One has to wonder why?

They claim to have so much definitive information regarding the positive, healthy benefits of vaccinations, so why use "scare tactics":
an image of a gentle innocent baby infected with the disease...?

Not to mention that you would never handle an infected baby without the proper sterile protocols...

edit on 26-4-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

My guess is that parents who don't vaccinate don't want pictures taken of their measles infected kids.

But the media does it for ratings, shock and awe, not unadulterated facts.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Trump is in on it too!

'They have to get the shot'

www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Fake news is the enemy of the people. Those who reveal their nonsense are the defenders of the people. Good work.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I'm kind of baffled as to the point of this? Stock images are used to illustrate articles all the time. It's not an image being used as evidence of anything, it's just used as an illustration. Do you think the use of an altered stock photo to illustrate a topic proves something? Anything?

Not enough people being vacinated made the "Ten Threats to Global Health.." list.

Vaccine hesitancy – the reluctance or refusal to vaccinate despite the availability of vaccines – threatens to reverse progress made in tackling vaccine-preventable diseases. Vaccination is one of the most cost-effective ways of avoiding disease – it currently prevents 2-3 million deaths a year, and a further 1.5 million could be avoided if global coverage of vaccinations improved.

John's Hopkins

Measles is a highly contagious viral infection — one of the most contagious of all known infections. Nine out of 10 unimmunized children who are in contact with an infected person will contract the virus.

When complications do occur, they can include ear infections, pneumonia, and encephalitis or inflammation of the brain that can lead to permanent neurologic damage and even death. On average, measles kills between one and three of every 1,000 infected children.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So what? Reporters should go into infected areas to get real pictures? I think the image of an infected baby, whether photoshopped or not, is a powerful image and should compel people to get their children vaccinated.

+20 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So what? Reporters should go into infected areas to get real pictures? I think the image of an infected baby, whether photoshopped or not, is a powerful image and should compel people to get their children vaccinated.

So, lying to people to push a position you agree with is OK with you?

Typical....d-bag thought processes, SMH.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
Fake news is the enemy of the people. Those who reveal their nonsense are the defenders of the people. Good work.

Like Blaine pointed out though, they just showed an illustration.

Is the story fake? Are we having a comeback of measles in the country? Other than rare occurrences of adverse reactions, does vaccines risk outweigh the benefit?

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm kind of baffled as to the point of this? Stock images are used to illustrate articles all the time. It's not an image being used as evidence of anything, it's just used as an illustration. Do you think the use of an altered stock photo to illustrate a topic proves something? Anything?

It's not a stock image. It's a doctored image, meaning it's fake.

Doctoring images is a tried and true tactic of the worst regimes in modern history.

I'm with you about vaccinations, but using fake images is propaganda, not truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Welcome Phage, my favorite pro-vaccination man at large.

I missed you in my last thread:

Pakistan: parents attack hospital after 700 children infected by polio vaccine.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, lying to people to push a position you agree with is OK with you?

Typical....d-bag thought processes, SMH.

That escalated quickly.

*starts chanting*

"BRING BACK POLIO, WE WANT POLIO!!!!! MAKE AMERICA CRIPPLED AGAIN!!!!"

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Is the story fake? Are we having a comeback of measles in the country? Other than rare occurrences of adverse reactions, does vaccines risk outweigh the benefit?

The image is fake. It's not true. So why use it?

link   
Instead of sitting on Twitter all day, maybe these ‘journalists’ should actually go somewhere and scoop out real opportunities for photographs in cases such as these.

Honestly wouldn’t some people find it newsworthy and informative to have a good visual of what “measles” on a real child might look like, since it’s something most have probably not seen? Something that’s a sudden threat? The gloveless hands give it away more than anything though.

Clearly the news is hijacked to follow an agenda in contrast to what we would expect it to do, and give us factual information.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Vaccination is always a tricky issue.

I think most of them are helpful, but also think spreading them out over time makes more sense then getting several at one time.

I think the flu shots are a straight money making scam.

And recently there's been word going around that a big blow up is coming this summer over the Anthrax vaccines that were pushed on all the service members that went to Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Blaine91555

It's not a stock image. It's a doctored image, meaning it's fake.

Doctoring images is a tried and true tactic of the worst regimes in modern history.

I'm with you about vaccinations, but using fake images is propaganda, not truth.

Eh, while I'm not a fan of reality entertainment NEWZ™, they do corny stuff to add "production value".

You know the image of the police do not cross tape before the crime stories? Almost never the actual scene of the crime.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

To make it all look better, I'm more concerned about fake stories which I have several threads on them getting called out for doing.

I didn't really care much when we found out Trump was having his photos doctored to trim a few pounds off either.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

To scare people.

Play on their emotions of seeing an "infected" innocent baby.

edit on 26-4-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Phage

Welcome Phage, my favorite pro-vaccination man at large.

I missed you in my last thread:

Pakistan: parents attack hospital after 700 children infected by polio vaccine.

Not much evidence that anyone was infected. But what do you think about Trump saying you have to get the measles shot?

edit on 4/26/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

To make it all look better, I'm more concerned about fake stories which I have several threads on them getting called out for doing.

I didn't really care much when we found out Trump was having his photos doctored to trim a few pounds off either.

We're talking about a news program here. Journalism is supposed to inform us, not misinform us.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

There isn't a measles outbreak?
Trump fell for it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join