It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are lefties going to protest Trump at his UK state visit exactly?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: uncommitted

I’ll admit it was public opinion that kept us from going to war to oust Assad despite all the propaganda saying that we should. And only then because of the disaster that was Iraq which was also protested against. But I don’t know anything about protests and demonstrations stopping us from attacking Libya. Can you provide a link to that claim?

Still the vast majority of protests don’t achieve anything. Poll tax was massively protested against so they conceded by calling it council tax instead.

Sorry, you've just said you admit it was public opinion but you don't know about the demonstrations and want me to provide a link - if you know it was public opinion why should I go and look for one? I think by the way you are talking about Syria - I said Libya. So now you are going to admit that's two but still ask me for a link?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No I was talking about Syria, not Libya. I think you confused the two I don’t know of any public outcry that prevented military intervention in Libya that’s why I asked for a link. I’ve searched myself and couldn’t find anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Lefties don’t hate trump as much as they hate guys like trump. Lefties are the losers of our society. I won’t rattle off their subsets but as a whole on the spectrum they trend toward things like poor, gay, illegal, etc. Democrats are the kind of people that got swirlies in high school and live in the ghetto now. Throughout their lives they’ve been marginalized by guys like trump. Guys like trump have called them names and look down on people that trend toward the left.

That’s where the hate stems from. In fact you look at what should be everyone’s first metric of politicians success - war peace - trumps done a fantastic job breaking from Obama the pos. Obama did Libya Egypt how many tens of thousands in Syria?

But the losers of society care more about trump calling McCain a pos or whatever other trivial nonsense.

edit on 27-4-2019 by GrandPog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GrandPog

Democrats are the kind of people that got swirlies in high school and live in the ghetto now.

that is impressive
is that from a survey or just personal experience?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Both. Every metric I’ve seen says for each additional dollar a person earns they become less likely to vote Democrat. And we all know what kind of people trend left. You can look at any picture from a rally of any democrat and see it. Dems even have higher suicide rate. That last part is terrible but it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Can you show me a single case where protests and demonstrations have ever changed policy?

Yes. Maybe you need to resaerch a bit more. The size of the anti-Iraq war protests probably ensured the route to an unpopular war would not be travelled again. But out of the heady heights of poltics... My local council changed it's approach to litter management when a group of protestors dumped a lorry load of litter in the Chief Executive's parking place.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Given the FACT that Trump threw microwaved hot slices bologna, like little frisbees, at Russian hookers in a motel room, he's a SEXIST and needs to be impeached.

he obviously paid for that service and the girls likely agreed to it at the time, only when they saw $$ did they complain and go to the press. Seems kind of convenient doesn't it? Getting paid twice for the same service? After all they were all consenting adults. Not excusing it, but also not willing to blow it out of context. These are girls who get paid to play out fetishes, what other deprived things have they done (for high rank officials or the rich) and yet remain silent about? Technically he could have been way worse if you ask me. At least he didnt actually hurt them or worse kill them like others have in the past. But I guess that doesnt fit with you mind numbing irrational hatred of the "Big Bad Orange Man".

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Given the FACT that Trump threw microwaved hot slices bologna, like little frisbees, at Russian hookers in a motel room, he's a SEXIST and needs to be impeached.

Fact? The pee hooker thing was a hoax. Microwave Bologna ??? Never heard that one.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Why are lefties going to protest Trump?

It is his callous use of straw for hair. Taking poor young green grass and abusing it until it is a dried out husk of its former self with scant regard for its or its families feelings.

Also, the left do not like rampant technology so "Melania" scares them - futuristic cyborgs scare them.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's not just the left, the right in the UK also can see what a cockwomble Trump is.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's not just the left, the right in the UK also can see what a cockwomble Trump is.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yes. Maybe you need to resaerch a bit more. The size of the anti-Iraq war protests probably ensured the route to an unpopular war would not be travelled again

The size of the anti-Iraq war protests didn’t actually stop the war from happening though did they? Dumping garbage on a councillors parking space might have got them to change policy on waste or it might have got the perpetrator a massive fine or jail time, either way it’s not like a regular peaceful protest. It’s is easier to effect policy at the local level though. I’m all in favour of devolution power to the local level.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Where is Jessica Hyde?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: oklalittledixie

The UK is much further along the road of leftist totalitarianism. It also lacks the same freedom of speech laws that exist in the United States. Leftists have a much easier time silencing anything or anyone that threatens their totalitarian utopia.

No other reason that Trump being a threat to the left wing gestapo that has taken over most of the UK.

Can I dare you to dare me as to what I can not say that you can?

And since 1970, nigh on 50 years we have had 2, just 2 spells of labour rule, 1974 - 1979 (5 years) and 1997 - 2010 (13 years) so in 50 years of rule labour has had 18 leaving 32 (not far off double) being conservative. Where are the 'gestapo' hiding out?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

No I was talking about Syria, not Libya. I think you confused the two I don’t know of any public outcry that prevented military intervention in Libya that’s why I asked for a link. I’ve searched myself and couldn’t find anything.

Really? Why didn't you just say that then instead of talking about Syria? If you are in the UK you will be familiar with the protests at the time and the change in approach as a result. I am, I must admit struggling for the right words that make the correlation and provide a link, but then seeing as I know it was the case I'm not really too fussed.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Not familiar with the change in approach as a result of protests with regards to Libya, that’s why I asked for a link. I brought up Syria as public opinion was strongly against ground troops in Syria. The gov still committed to air strikes though. That’s the only case I know of where public opinion has influenced our government in any significant way. And that was only because of the mess that the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were and perhaps that Russia is Syria’s ally, probably the only reason Assad defeated Isis at all.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RUokayHun

People in the UK aren't as obsessed with the internet trend in the last few years to slap lefty, righty, liberal or conservative on everyone like Americans are. People are not that simplistic monotonal in their opinions. All sides of the political spectrum hate him because he's a #ing buffoon to the point of being a cartoon character stupid with his finger an one of the red buttons.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

250,000 halfwits......and then there is you i suppose? LoL x

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ile just stutter away then, kind of like Trump the pretend Orange POTUS.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
He is a straight white Male so all is on the table....

When its other groups they are very careful what they say, what's said on media, and what to protest

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join