It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton official pleads guilty to treason for China collusion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes, treason is only a charge during wartime. Her actual charge, that she plead guilty to, is "Conspiracy to Defraud the United States." Her original charges were somewhat more extensive:

“Candace Claiborne is charged with obstructing an official proceeding and making false statements in connection with her alleged concealment and failure to report her improper connections to foreign contacts along with the tens of thousands of dollars in gifts and benefits they provided,” said U.S. Attorney Phillips. “As a State Department employee with a Top Secret clearance, she received training and briefing about the need for caution and transparency. This case demonstrates that U.S. government employees will be held accountable for failing to honor the trust placed in them when they take on such sensitive assignments”

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, quite the tap on the wrist for her troubles.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Assuming for the moment that the Trump administration's DoJ under Bill Barr is not pulling a Smollett, what would be the possible reasons for reducing those charges?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yes, treason is only a charge during wartime. Her actual charge, that she plead guilty to, is "Conspiracy to Defraud the United States." Her original charges were somewhat more extensive:

“Candace Claiborne is charged with obstructing an official proceeding and making false statements in connection with her alleged concealment and failure to report her improper connections to foreign contacts along with the tens of thousands of dollars in gifts and benefits they provided,” said U.S. Attorney Phillips. “As a State Department employee with a Top Secret clearance, she received training and briefing about the need for caution and transparency. This case demonstrates that U.S. government employees will be held accountable for failing to honor the trust placed in them when they take on such sensitive assignments”

TheRedneck

We can split hairs over "war" and "armed conflict". However, for the sake of being thorough, this timeline is jaw dropping.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Wartime" for the US has been pretty much "all the time".

Good lord what a depressing read..

ETA: "The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression."

I guess when the war chest is empty, we actually experience some semblance of peace...
edit on E30America/ChicagoFri, 26 Apr 2019 03:33:14 -05004amFridayth03am by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What does it have to do with Trump?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tempesillest
The OP quoted an article. What is it you people who defend the Clinton/Obama cabal. It clearly says Clinton administration. When anything comes up Clinton its mid-level or something of the sort. My God I suppose if it happened right in front of your nose you'd spin it out. Sad.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

A Clinton appointee pleaded guilty to treason charges after she was indicted by a federal grand jury for colluding with foreign agents.

That is what the article read

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tempesillest
a reply to: Agit8dChop

no she was not appointed. she is a career employee. provide evidence for your claims please

A career of crime which really hit the jackpot during the Clinton and Obama years.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: projectvxn

What does it have to do with Trump?

Nothing. Other than being prosecuted under the current administration.

I made no mention of Trump.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think this Chinese - communist - far left thing goes very deep

Very interesting timing wouldn’t you say?
www.google.com...

Was the far left in the western world - colluding with communist Chinese?

Are we witnessing a communist take over of the entire western world unfolding before our very eyes?
edit on 26-4-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

We can split hairs over "war" and "armed conflict". However, for the sake of being thorough, this timeline is jaw dropping.

When discussing a crime, it is sometimes necessary to split hairs. Legal terms have very precise definitions, and the timeline for that purpose is completely irrelevant.

In this case, however, we do not need to argue over what constitutes war and what does not. I looked up the applicable statute on treason, which is 18 USC § 2381:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Not a single mention of "in time of war." Thus, whether the US is at war or not is irrelevant to a charge of treason.

I would urge readers to glance through the other sections in Chapter 115 of the US Code. There are some interesting offenses specified in there that bring many personalities we all love (to hate) to mind.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The last line b/4 the DOJ statement.

Suggesting that she learned tricks from her former boss, Hillary Clinton, Claiborne also told her co-conspirators to remove all emails and evidence after U.S. federal officials broke them.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Splitting hairs about whether or not we are at war not???? When did our war on terror end??? Guess we are still technically at war. We were not at "war" when "Bill" was in office 1999 (war on drugs I guess still was happening so nvmd), considering we have been at war since 2001 (Afghanistan, Iraq, Terror) we are a nation still at war so therefore that point is bunk (technically not a pre-requisite for treason anyways.) Reality + Facts will make you smarter.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Double
edit on 26-4-2019 by CrazyFox because: Double

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Good lord!!!!! Can you even imagine the coverage if this was a Trump staffer!
I mean even if her job was to clean toilets in the mother in law quarters it would be 24/7 coverage on the trial from day 1.
I’m glad we have places like this.

Hate to burst your bubble, but she was a Trump staffer as much as she was a Clinton staffer. She worked under both the Obama and Trump administration.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding

Hired by Clinton. Got it.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My eye is twitching. But isn’t the definition of Deep State mid level appointments to career positions that later exert the influence that comes with its seniority to fulfill goals of a personal or political nature.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hate to burst yours, but this was a Clinton crony.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

She was charged and fired two months into the Trump administration. No, she didn't work under Trump with the same leeway she apparently received under Obama... or Bush... or Clinton...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The BL.com via Google.com

A Clinton appointee pleaded guilty to treason charges after she was indicted by a federal grand jury for colluding with foreign agents.

According to a Department of Justice’s press release, Candace Marie Claiborne, who worked under both Hillary and Bill Clinton, pleaded guilty to conspire to defraud the U.S. government, hide contact with foreign spies, obstruct an official trial, and make false statements to the FBI.

At no point has this story been publicized. I didn't even know that such a trial was ongoing. You'd think a legitimate trial for TREASON in this day and age would be grounds for wall to wall coverage.

With all we know of how the Clinton State Department dealt with classified materials and the disbursement thereof, this adds another layer of intrigue to the Clinton saga. Emails were just the beginning. There have also been reports of Chinese hacking into this server with data stolen. That report is certainly given more credibility considering the depth to which this traitor was involved with the Clintons and the Chinese.

Treason deserves hanging.

Excellent find! It's disgusting how the MSM completely hid this from the public. Meanwhile for 2 years they furthers the false Russian collusion narrative 24/7/365. This girl was yet another victim of the treasonous Clintons.

I have a question for all the shill leftists in this thread.

Can you please name the number of people convicted or even charged with treason associated with POTUS.

We'll wait.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join