It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a course on how to be deprogrammed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I am just talking trash,, But i have made the observation that your parents are the first ones to infect your wetware with all kind of crazy (SNIP). And this has been happening for thousands of years now.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Are you telling me the tooth fairy isn't real?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I am just talking trash,, But i have made the observation that your parents are the first ones to infect your wetware with all kind of crazy (SNIP). And this has been happening for thousands of years now.

And yet, those same children become teenagers who reject and rebel against everything their parents tell them!!!!

I speak from experience. There was literally a day when I got so fed up with saying this or that only to have my teenage kids reject it outright simply because it came from their mother that I started telling them exactly the opposite of what they should do, so that they would do what they should do after rejecting the wrong advice...

Like telling my daughter that the absolute BEST way to learn to parallel park was on the side of the freeway during rush hour traffic.... somehow she figured out that I was full of crap... go figure, eh?

Nature finds a way -- when we let it!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Shockerking

I found something promising:

Alanzo is an Ex-Scientologist who sees the same tribalism he escaped in Scientology rising up in Anti-Scientology.

Out of all the lessons he learned by escaping Scientology, he learned one lesson harder than any other: Never let your tribe do your thinking for you.

Alanzo writes from the battlefield of the war between Scientology and Anti-Scientology.
anti-cult-movement

I came across it looking for pictures of Ted Patrick considered to be the "father of deprogramming".

Our paths crossed in the early '70s when he was first getting started. His methods seemed to leave his victims clients rather traumatized.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

In his later years, Abraham Maslow explored a further dimension of motivation, while criticizing his original vision of self-actualization.[13][14][15][16] By this later theory, one finds the fullest realization in giving oneself to something beyond oneself—for example, in altruism or spirituality. He equated this with the desire to reach the infinite.[17] "Transcendence refers to the very highest and most inclusive or holistic levels of human consciousness, behaving and relating, as ends rather than means, to oneself, to significant others, to human beings in general, to other species, to nature, and to the cosmos" (Farther Reaches of Human Nature, New York 1971, p. 269).

en.m.wikipedia.org...

To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Well it is not about life lessions, and those,

Mainly i was talking about the trauma that is given to you as a child, the small details, you know what they say about the details?

But i do not blame anyone, the original trauma (program) of humankind could have been a mistake and not a conscious hostile action against an entire species, to get control. not sure..

This must sound confusing but you know all those shallow or messed up individuals, the cliche`s? They are great examples of the trauma that was gifted to all of us.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Are you telling me the tooth fairy isn't real?

Her correct title is Myth Tooth Fairy....

'the' Tooth Fairy is a confabulation...but "Myth" Tooth Fairy is a real, existential reality within the collective/universal consciousness...

see: www.universalconsciousness.us/index.html

Universal Consciousness unites the many human, ancestral, spiritual and religious paths through programs that empower a consciousness of cooperation and collaboration

same idea with Santa Claus, Smokey Bear, Easter Bunny

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Myth? I thought you had a lisp there..lol

And I know what your saying, I want to meet the boil skinned green peyote spirit, and the black woman from the void
:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Go out and smell the flowers?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well it is not about life lessions, and those,

Mainly i was talking about the trauma that is given to you as a child, the small details, you know what they say about the details?

But i do not blame anyone, the original trauma (program) of humankind could have been a mistake and not a conscious hostile action against an entire species, to get control. not sure..

This must sound confusing but you know all those shallow or messed up individuals, the cliche`s? They are great examples of the trauma that was gifted to all of us.

This might sound even more confusing, but perhaps it goes back farther than childhood.... as in karmic memories and life lessons to learn for our own spiritual growth and understanding. And, yes, in that case, the traumas we experience are a gift because the trauma can also bring enlightenment. If we let it.

In the final analysis, however, it's really about perspective and spirit. Our own perspectives and spirits -- no one else's. And what we choose to do about it. We are all a product of nature AND nurture. We have the final say in whether we let an experience break us or make us. Whether we let it make us bitter or make us better. Even the most horrendous abuse can be a powerful motivator for good. If for no other purpose than showing us who we do not want to be and then choosing to REFUSE to be that person.

The alternative is to wallow in your own pity party and victimize one's self. The alternative is to personally and spiritually stagnate at best, or to regress at worst, because we let ourselves be defined by other people and events, rather than defining ourselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Point understood.. but you have to admit that the odds are against the individual.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Point understood.. but you have to admit that the odds are against the individual.

No, actually, I don't have to admit such, so I don't and won't!

Rather, I understand and admit that it's the individual who chooses his path, but each and every path can and will provide lessons about life and about ourselves. And that each and every experience brings us that much more truth and wisdom. And when we know better... when we allow ourselves to know better... then we empower ourselves to do better.

If we do not accept that we can do better, of our own volition, then we will never do better, of our own volition. We cut ourselves off at the knees.

I absolutely refuse to forsake my power to do better.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The odds have to be, it's mother nature's way of encouraging growth.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Yes true and necessary, but trouble shooting happens when history is changed or destroyed, cultures uprooted and no smart way to arrange rites of passage, i believe the human psyche needs a trigger to bloom, does not happen automatically.

The modern man is not a man at all.

See the irony in there

edit on 26-4-2019 by solve because: Mangina!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I think phone addiction or really electronics in general would be a good place to start.
People need to come to the realization that we don’t need to have these things glued to our hands. Hell, I keep my iPhone on silent in the other room.
And when traveling it’s in my glove box.
I just couldn’t give a crap about texting or the Myriad of other distractions the thing can do.
I have it in case I need it for an emergency. That’s about it.
And If there ever is a emergency and someone needs to get a hold of me, the people who I care about can call my house line.

This song and video sums up cellphones and electronic devices perfectly.

had a splendid night in manchester watching maynard and co giving it.

TOOL! that's a must.

f.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

A course by nature would be programming, even if reprogramming.

We have to find our own way, question everything, use our intuitions, logic and reasoning skills. What we will be left with will never be confirmed 100% but we need to accept that is the second half of the battle.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
if you want to deprogram yourself. get rid of your smartphone, turn off your tv. step away from your computer and walk outside. first step is to change your current lifestyle and go back to the way people did things in a time before all this technology.... good luck

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Artificial intelligence will eventually be able to generate fake realities.
one example ..what if this sight we are on now.. your not reading what im reading, all the forums are made up threw my past profile and we are not really connected with anyone else on this sight.
none of you are real its only AI constructing a virtual reality matrix.

There is a saying that “seeing is believing”, but in our world where our perceptions our managed and hacked, that is anything but true.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deadfreak
if you want to deprogram yourself. get rid of your smartphone, turn off your tv. step away from your computer and walk outside. first step is to change your current lifestyle and go back to the way people did things in a time before all this technology.... good luck

You mean the time when people were still told how to act and what to be and how to think? And religion drove everything and everyone around doing stupid things in the name of?

Or you do mean like when people's dream was to have a job and just get by without hunger and having a home to go at the end of the day? And then they would get dinner and go to sleep after doing some accounting to see if they could or could not afford that tv set or washing machine?

Can you point out exactly what time before this technology would be best to imitate?

Pretending you live on a different time than the one you actually live is not deprogramming, it's even worse

Deprogramming would allow you to see things for what they are, not revert your mind to cosplay a person from another time

edit on 23-6-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join