It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the United States invade Mexico to destroy the Drug Cartels?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Assuming that legalization doesn't create a more serious problem later down the road. The Cartels are going to try and survive at all costs. What form does that take? Also, bear in mind that at least some of the Cartels also conduct legitimate business now, like owning and operating mines, and employing regular people.
edit on 27-4-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There is precedence.

The drug cartel‘s have brought violence to the US. They are really no different than the bandits like Pancho Villa.

That was the premise for the border/bandit wars of 1910 to 1919.

Not saying we should. But we’ve done it before for the same reasons .

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Let’s examine where the heroin epidemic is coming from. Afghanistan. Let’s see who sympathizes with them, trump.
Get your facts straight

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes, I've been an advocate of taking over Mexico for the better part of my adult life. I don't see the down side. A beautiful country lies wasted just on the other side of the border of our prosperous nation. It is so overrun with crime and corruption it is not possible to recover from. Bonus: they have a southern border wall and it would be much easier to police it as it's only 550 miles instead of 2,000. So it's a national security advantage too.
edit on 28-4-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This. Drug use is a victimless crime in and of itself.

The only victims are those from the actual trade and sale of illegal drugs.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Nope, just secure the border and let the people of that country fight and earn their freedom from an oppressively corrupt gov.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abbby

Please clarify... Are you supposing Trump is in support of Afghanistan drug trade??

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Who purposefully made it easier to obtain them...

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
a reply to: DBCowboy

Drug use is a victimless crime in and of itself.

The only victims are those from the actual trade and sale of illegal drugs.

I certainly don't agree with this. After spending 40+ yrs on both sides of recovery, I've personally seen many of families, friends and innocent bystanders life's torn apart and devastated by a persons drug use or involvement. The repercussion can be a lifelong battle for some.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Since the #USA invaded afghanistan, poppy growing and heroin production have massively increased

When the warlords were in power, they used to regularly destroy these fields, but since the USA military took over, this is no longer happening, except the odd time for show when they need some footage for the media

I suspect the same would happen in Mexico. The cartels would carry on paying people off just like they do now, and it would be business as usual.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Name a single instance where US invaded anyone and it ended well for anyone except the war profiteers?

There is your real answer.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DondeEsta?

Who indeed???

I ken where my guess lies, and your own?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join