It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the United States invade Mexico to destroy the Drug Cartels?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

What about the Cartels specializing in Gun Trafficking and Human Trafficking? Those need to be taken-out too.

Good catch there Care, we need to get them all.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Who make all those lovely weapons of war and mass destruction?

We do.

Don't expect that to stop anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

nah not until the CIA have finished arming them all so the Mexican government can no longer deal with them and they eventually call in the USA for some assistance , the US then turn mexico into a puppet state and mexico becomes US territory!

You may have actually got it right.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Let me see if I have this straight,

The US invaded Afghanistan which (somehow?) led to a huge increase in heroin production, and a huge increase in overdose deaths back on US soil, and your proposed solution is to invade Mexico?

I'm sure that one of us is being a tool here, I'm just wondering which one? 🤔

Wow, 5 pages in and you are the first one to bash me. ATS has been a lot nicer than I thought.

Yes, the whole thing is absurd and it seems to be a no-win proposition. My post was basically *People are dying so should we go kill more of them to make it better in the long Run.* Kind of a circular argument I made. We invade Afgan but do nothing about the drugs there. So why would we do anything about the drugs in Mexico.

But as others may have gathered, I was not proposing an invasion, I was just asking what if? I am not saying it is a good idea by any means, but I wanted to get peoples take on it.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Just look at how the government "fixed" gas cans!!!! Now nobody can use them.

This should answer the OPs question.

Bottom line...NO!!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Also there was the incursion of the Mexican military disarming an American soldier in our territory.

That incident was what generated this thread in the first place. That is the kind of thing that could lead to a war. The excuse to start could be "We're going after the Cartels!"

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Nothing was done about the opium in asskrackistan because...CIA. Where else would they be able to fund all their playtoys and real life D&D charades???

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I would like to Thank Everyone for their post.

originally posted by: wantsome
Having watched countless people over the course of my life deal with heroin crack and meth addiction. I'm mad as hell about it.

It is surprising to me that the majority of posters want to make drugs legal.

As far as knocking down the cartels, that would make sense. I see that. You would get rid of the cartels but you would bring the problem in-house so to speak.

It would also mean that drugs would be cheaper, more people would be taking them and more would be dying.

Each year 40,000 people die driving on US roads. Imagine how many more would die if drugs are legalized.

"The National Safety Council report calculates that the chance of dying from an opioid overdose has increased to one in 96, surpassing the odds of dying in a car accident., which is at 1 in 103." - Google

Heroin is a drug that kills. As long as you have it around people will die from it. That drug needs to be eradicated and unavailable.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No they should impose a capital crime charge if you caught importing heroin, fentanyl, and or coc aine into country only way to escape death sentence if found guilty is to name names of bosses then we send seal team in country to take head of cartels into custody and when found guilty line them up in front of firing squad.. trouble is a lot of the stuff does not come from mexico.. the reason we are having such a huge problem with heroin is why we had such a problem with it during 60s the was is being used to import it to us just like during Vietnam war. Whether it's being brought by military supply chains or smuggled by troops or thru military contracts i.e. mercenaries. Then you got problems with fentanyl that is made in China do you want us to invade China or bomb factories ?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Thats a joke the drug runners and cartel are the CIA,we invaded long ago ,why they do so well have government protection

Like I said , it's the Sovereign Nation of Mexico's Problem . The U.S. should be more concerned about Protecting it's Own Citizens from Drug Cartels based South of the Border .

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: chr0naut
Do you have any idea what the gov does to cartel members when they get busted in the US? They take their homes, cars, and anything they own that's not nailed down. Do you know what happens 99.9% of the time they get caught in Mexico? Nada damn thing.

Honestly, you suggested in the OP that the US should go to war against a country of 123 million people, to try and stop the cartels which probably only number in the low thousands.

What are you even talking about??? No where in this thread did I ever suggest or say that we should go to war with the cartel in Mexico. As matter of fact I suggested it's a really bad idea and always ends in fail. You've confused me with the OP or someone else.

Apologies, I was just so appalled that someone would suggest such a thing, that I didn't check who was posting what.

My bad. Please forgive me.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut
Do you have any idea what the gov does to cartel members when they get busted in the US? They take their homes, cars, and anything they own that's not nailed down. Do you know what happens 99.9% of the time they get caught in Mexico? Nada damn thing.

Honestly, you suggested in the OP that the US should go to war against a country of 123 million people, to try and stop the cartels which probably only number in the low thousands.

What are you even talking about??? No where in this thread did I ever suggest or say that we should go to war with the cartel in Mexico. As matter of fact I suggested it's a really bad idea and always ends in fail. You've confused me with the OP or someone else.

Apologies, I was just so appalled that someone would suggest such a thing, that I didn't check who was posting what.

My bad. Please forgive me.

No problem mate, it happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
I would like to Thank Everyone for their post.

originally posted by: wantsome
Having watched countless people over the course of my life deal with heroin crack and meth addiction. I'm mad as hell about it.

It is surprising to me that the majority of posters want to make drugs legal.

As far as knocking down the cartels, that would make sense. I see that. You would get rid of the cartels but you would bring the problem in-house so to speak.

It would also mean that drugs would be cheaper, more people would be taking them and more would be dying.

Each year 40,000 people die driving on US roads. Imagine how many more would die if drugs are legalized.

"The National Safety Council report calculates that the chance of dying from an opioid overdose has increased to one in 96, surpassing the odds of dying in a car accident., which is at 1 in 103." - Google

Heroin is a drug that kills. As long as you have it around people will die from it. That drug needs to be eradicated and unavailable.

Any and all drugs can kill in the right circumstances.

Most illicit drugs are adulterated. The adulteration's are often quite toxic and have a far worse effect than the pure drugs themselves.

My son has recently passed from cancer and for the last five years he has been medicated with opiate painkillers. Eventually, addictive response took over (where the drugs have less and less effect and so dosages have to be increased all the time) this meant that he was taking significantly high doses, so the doctors had him on Ketamine (during pain crises), Fentanyl, Morphine and Hydromorphone as well as anti-nausea and other painkillers.

It wasn't the pure drugs that were the problem, it was the cancer. Once it had metastasized, he went down within weeks but prior to that, he was getting well above street level doses of a cocktail of drugs literally for for years, with little adverse effect except for constipation, paranoia flashes (from the Ketamine) and stupor at times.

The oncologists discontinued chemo when it became apparent that it was not effective and was only undergoing palliative care and receiving radiation for the largest tumors.

Also, he had been through several rounds of chemo and it is horrific. He decided that he wanted to make the best of his life, regardless of how it may be shortened when it became clear that it was unavoidably a terminal case.

The point I am making that if we take the drug supply away from the criminal, then it won't get cut with other poisonous crap. If it was available under prescription, then it is controlled and there is hope of medically weaning people from these drugs and even in the rare case of overdose or withdrawal, of administering meds like Methodone, Buprenorphine, Naltrexone or similar (depending upon what the original addiction is).

You absolutely won't fight this disease with punishment. That is a stupid idea.

It is a medical and psychological problem and needs psychomedical remediation.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Would you be surprised if you someday found out we were actually doing most of the killing there because cartels actually understand business and don't want attention?

The only way Mexicos violence problem stops is when life is worth more than a pound of drugs.

The only way to do that is to seal the border gaps, deport and force them to deal with being a 3rd world country even with direct access to the richest nation ever.
edit on 26-4-2019 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
My signature sums up my thoughts on this topic.
Deny ignorance

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

It's all about the control of the trade, not a war.
Have a look a what family took control of the poppy fields after the invasion of afghan.
How easy is it to import from cartels with open borders.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

You can't compare alcohol to coc aine. Cocaine was designed for rape. A lot of gangsters used it to rape women in bars by spiking the drinks, that is why it started to sell first place. Criminals used Cocaine to rape people and deliberately kill people. They do it by spiking food or drink.

Alcohol was there since forever. Almost every country had alcohol drinks. Cocaine though can kill you in an instant overdose. Ever heard of Drunk masters from China? You will never hear anything about white crack kung fu masters. Cocaine is basically poison that will either kill you instantly or slowly.

This is another cheat poison/drug the blinds the opponent used in fights for example in this movie call Bloodsport.

Coca is poison, it will never be legal. By spiking the masters drink. You have a chance to kill the person easier. If you watched Chinese kung fu movies, you'll understand what coc aine is would be mainly used for if it becomes legal. It is one of many poison, but not deadly enough to kill the person in an instant.

If non-drunk person dies from drinking a wine in an instant, it is not alcohol its the extra poison/drug added in the drink.

Were you drunk when you wrote this nonsense , you think coke was designed for Rape?, where did you think that up, and you believe alcohol does not have any affect on people regarding rape?

Oh i see bloodsport is your reference for reality or chinese kung fu movies

As for the OP just more warmongering by the US, you guys get itchy trigger fingers wanting more war, I have never seen other nations make these threads just you Americans.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The problem is Americans love drugs and alcohol.

You can destroy as many cartels as you want, but for as long as Americans want drugs more people will step up to supply them.

America should invade itself and destroy all the drug users. With no drug users to supply the cartels will die out on their own.

No customers, no money.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
the war on drugs the government could have and should have ended a long time ago should have never started

Fixed that for you...

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
the war on drugs the government could have and should have ended a long time ago should have never started.

Fixed that for ya...

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join