It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the United States invade Mexico to destroy the Drug Cartels?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

No , it's Mexico's Problem to Solve .

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Do you have any idea what the gov does to cartel members when they get busted in the US? They take their homes, cars, and anything they own that's not nailed down. Do you know what happens 99.9% of the time they get caught in Mexico? Nada damn thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Do you have any idea what the gov does to cartel members when they get busted in the US? They take their homes, cars, and anything they own that's not nailed down. Do you know what happens 99.9% of the time they get caught in Mexico? Nada damn thing.

Honestly, you suggested in the OP that the US should go to war against a country of 123 million people, to try and stop the cartels which probably only number in the low thousands.

And if the US has problems with a few criminals coming across its borders, what do you think might happen when an armed country of millions takes up arms in defense? Sure the US has the advantage but do you think that any US cities near the border would still stand?

Not to mention the 5th columnists of Mexican sympathizers already embedded in the US. Do you think they would sit by and watch passively? I imagine they'd majorly attack New York and Washington.

And the international backlash too. I don't think any of the US's allies would side with the US if it did something so horrendous. The world would not come to the aid of the US and, in its militarily weakened state, many of it allies may actually side with the Russians and Chinese, who would, no doubt, take advantage of the decimated infrastructure to 'restore rule of law'.

It would be another world war and the US would be the bad guys.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Honestly, you suggested in the OP that the US should go to war against a country of 123 million people, to try and stop the cartels which probably only number in the low thousands.

What are you even talking about??? No where in this thread did I ever suggest or say that we should go to war with the cartel in Mexico. As matter of fact I suggested it's a really bad idea and always ends in fail. You've confused me with the OP or someone else.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Should the US invade Mexico to destroy the Drug Cartels?

There will always be people who will say yes to this kind of question and they say yes because they cannot help themselves succumb to the temptation to invade, conquer and then permanently occupy that sovereign country.

As I once read an article by a historian who said that when the US invades and conquers another country it never ever leaves that country completely.

This is evidence that the US sees itself as the only country in the world that considers it has the right to invade and conquer every country on earth, which in turn, proves the US govt is the most war like govt on earth and is therefore the biggest criminal govt on earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Thats a joke the drug runners and cartel are the CIA,we invaded long ago ,why they do so well have government protection

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Good idea...not only to crush he cartels but also illegal border crossings. Just make mexico part of the USA and embrace a kind and hard working people. Probably saves a lot of tax payers money too.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
a reply to: makemap

ReAlly? I would bet my life alcohol has been a factor in 1000x more rapes than coc aine.

oh easily

coc aine as a rape drug is an LOL moment

not like i am a coke afficionado but you can clearly tell in this thread a lot of people are basing their arguments off propaganda.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

No , it's Mexico's Problem to Solve .

I just heard that 1,300 migrants busted out of a detention center tonight!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Then where would you get all that lovely Coke and Weed that your nation's populace craves so much?

If we are going to snort it then they are going to shovel it in our direction.

Supply and demand 101 really.

The war on drugs is as imaginary as the war on terror. LoL

Americans produce much higher quality drugs.

Keep it in house....who wants Mexican weed?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If history is anything to go by, pretty much every time the US gets involved in invading a country on it's own, that country's drugs seem to pour into the US.

Vietnam - Heroin.
South/Central America - Cocaine
Afghanistan - Heroin derivatives.

So, I would bet we will see a rise in everything these Mexican cartels profit from should the US go thundering south.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
No. Why would we? Enforce the borders, continue to locate tunnels, and prosecute to the extent of the law.

We dont need another war

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The war on drugs is over.

The drugs won.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We grow some of the finest weed on the planet right here in the good old USA.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

nah not until the CIA have finished arming them all so the Mexican government can no longer deal with them and they eventually call in the USA for some assistance , the US then turn mexico into a puppet state and mexico becomes US territory!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Let me see if I have this straight,

The US invaded Afghanistan which (somehow?) led to a huge increase in heroin production, and a huge increase in overdose deaths back on US soil, and your proposed solution is to invade Mexico?

I'm sure that one of us is being a tool here, I'm just wondering which one? 🤔

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

How many Coca plantations or Poppy fields do you have to produce these ""superior"" quality drugs?

As to the weed, you got my vote.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm just glad its legal for you to do so in rather a few states now.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
the legalisation of cannabis in the US saw the price of a Kilo of cannabis drop from 1000 dollars to 5 dollars overnight
effectively rendering the cannabis cartels obsolete !

So what would happen if they done it with coc aine , like Portugal

only thing is , you probably cant grow coca plant in the US climates unless in greenhouses

still , just because the US no longer takes CIA planes of coke other countries will !

Mexico will soon be a US puppet state the Amero will be born

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's not so much about the drugs but the money it generates.
A report I read a few years ago put it at an estimated $250 - $350 Billion a year, mostly being laundered by the big banks into the system.

That's a big chunk of money and it's removal would certainly cause some pretty big ripples across the financial and political spectrums, not to mention the private prison industry in the US and elsewhere!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join