It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pogrom: Heart's Desire, Coren.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Lumenari

That is a great idea.

Write up your character.

Collab with others for the storylines.

Release them to them to the public

and let them decide who lives and dies.

It would be fun and sad. Birthing your character and creating their death.

Release a story arc with a main character to drive it and a back character for the bigger story line.

Give people a world to play in and make their own contributing characters.

Let them play within the rules. make their own in a "magical" world and get the plot done.

Why not?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I think it shouldn't be profit-driven, necessarily, but it should be something fun to present to the world.

From a bunch of fledgling writers online.

I've never heard of it done before... a couple dozen people making something that could be published as a series.

Kinda excited about the thought!

Thank you for rising to the challenge and I guess I'll put up a website so we can play with the idea.

It seems a little bigger than ATS is, although I'd love to just work it through here and giving the site some love as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I almost missed this.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I almost missed this.

Hope you like the thought.. I'm going to backstep a bit, put a website together for the backstory, geography and story arcs then put a blog up to start working.

Unless someone thinks we can just put it in ATS's collaboration section, but I've a lot of backstory...

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be interesting to write a whole series of books as a collaboration?

Has anyone ever done that before as an online team?

I could put up a website about the world, flesh out the story arcs, let people make their characters and generate a series.

When I started reading the story, the setting and atmosphere reminded me a lot of an 80s era collaboration I had read. Can't for the life of me dredge the name out of my memory. All the stories centered around a particular tavern, usually as a staging area for character and quest/plot line intros.

I only played D&D once either '83 or '84. The Dungeon master told me a few days earlier to make a character, with picture card. So druid it was, can't remember the name though.

You didn't define S'Pera. Can I assume it is a chapel/shrine/niche/statue for a Genius Loci? That would be interesting. There is a story in my head kicking around looking for a framework to fit into. The protagonist would accidently do a bit of Psychopompery by means of a Genius Loci and that mystery crown you mentioned in background.

hmm, competing families, time displaced scrying through past eyes, dastardly coup for the crown, tragic romance, a really weird Romeo and Juliet. Or something like that.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Hope you like the thought.. I'm going to backstep a bit, put a website together for the backstory, geography and story arcs then put a blog up to start working.

Unless someone thinks we can just put it in ATS's collaboration section, but I've a lot of backstory...

A blog would give you unlimited editing ability. (no time limit). You would probably have to get permission from the Owner/Administrator to link it to ATS.

Make a sort of Index thread for people to link stories in.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Check your pms

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I think I remember what you were talking about... it was like Tales of the Rampant Unicorn Inn or something.

I used to have a good memory... blah.

However, I think that was all established actual writers (Piers Anthony rings a bell).

Not at all like we random intewebs peoples...

S'Pera are the last vestiges of technology left on the planet... they are used for a number of things for those in the know, but the general population just thinks they are older monuments to some forgotten Gods from Before.

I like how you think about them... I was using them for portals for a certain someone to get from continent to continent.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Tales of the Rampant Unicorn Inn

Thank you. I checked Unicorn in wikipedia List_of_fictional_bars_and_pubs and found The Vulgar Unicorn — Thieves' World

That's it. I started reading them because of Robert Lynn Asprin. I liked the heck out of The Great Skeeve of TheMythAdventures.

S'Pera are the last vestiges of technology

You did say that the tech suppressing satellites are degrading … so maybe some comeback?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Love your writing style

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

Love your writing style

Why thank you!

I still find it kinda... clunky.

Now I don't know if I want to work on that to change it.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

You did say that the tech suppressing satellites are degrading … so maybe some comeback?

When I originally thought this whole thing up, the satellites focused on EMF as a target.

Ensuring nothing electrical would be around and survive, thus a great way to take a planet's population and devolve them, as it were.

It isn't all "tech", however.. the continent that focuses on the fire element has an almost steam-punk 1800's England feel to it, for instance.

The S'pera I saw as normally dormant, so if they were used but for a few seconds at a time there was a window of opportunity before you ate a particle beam.

And yes, things are starting to fall out of the sky now...

Which the Church of Vlarak followers see as an omen... Revelations, as it were.

Which in a very real sense it will be.

I'm still waiting for a Mod reply about the website or not... if not I'll figure something out.

I'll keep you posted!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It's perfect as is, I wouldn't change it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join