It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been saving this for a rainy day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hi!

I literally just appeared and started posting here, because I’m not good at “introductions”- but I might as well give it a go.

I happened upon ATS in 2005ish... and never forgot about the place when mysterious subjects would cross my mind.... I always came to see what kind of information could be found here.

It has never let me down.

I am 33... female from the south- mom/wife who loves mysterious subjects and intellectual conversations.

I find mundane day to day to be far too boring so when “smart phones” and easy access to internet became available I probably used this site as my go to as much as most would use Twitter/Facebook

I finally felt left out after over a decade and made an account so if I wanted to say something; nothing could stop me!

That is unless a mod gets me. I’ve tried to notice the rules though, so hopefully I’ll stay in good standing!

That’s enough for now. Have enjoyed the experience of having an account thus far and appreciate all who have already made me feel welcome!

edit on 25-4-2019 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernGift

Howdy lurker SouthernGift, welcome to the site.
I always wondered who was standing behind the curtain.
edit on 25/4/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Welcome to the site.SG. I'm glad you joined so you can comment now.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Welcome SG. I'm in the UK and I let you in on a little secret, I don't even know where the rules are never mind reading them. Looking forward to hearing some above top secrets you know.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Nice to learn a little more about you by this formal ATS introduction. Seen you around, but only get glimpses from posts. Sometimes it is better to tip your toes in, before diving into the unknown.

The woman I introduced myself as in the beginning has grown tremendously from my ATS experience.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Its not what it used to be, and I have my gripes, but, ATS has done a lot for me, so, I'm in it for the long haul... I'll probably be here for the duration of my life.

I really hope steps may be taken someday to ensure the entirety of ATS Threads can be preserved forever. I dont have faith that this will happen, but, I have witnessed myself a few times over the years, an ATS Member passes away, and their friends and family end up coming here for one reason or another, to announce their passing or to find out more about this "strange site they spent so much time on" and they discover a Literal Treasure Trove of writings in the form of posts and threads by their loved one, and get to see a side of them that they rarely would express in public, even among friends and family...

You just cant overstate the profundity of this...gift...at a time when someone is dealing with the grief of knowing they will never hear that persons words spoken aloud from their own mouth ever again. Its like finding their journal/diary and realizing you have More of their words and thoughts to absorb and take comfort in during the grieving process. Its almost like, theyre not Completely gone...not yet. They still have more to say that you may not have heard yet.

We share some of our most private thoughts here. This situation came about because well, we live in a society that values appearances over real truth. So the truth becomes a "private thought", not to be shared publicly.

But yeah, I also believe there is a lot of scientific value in the "ATS Archives". Because of the strict rules about obscenity, manners, etc, you can learn a lot about people. It almost seems like we need a new branch of psychology/sociology related science dedicated to online interactions.

There's a whole slew of subjects. Forum ettiquete, human vs non human interactions, the psychology of trolls, forum gangs, the tactics they use... its all very complex and interesting, and ATS, compared to say, GLP, or a YT comments section, has a lot of useful data (if only they saved the deleted posts and threads).

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thank you all so much for the welcome!

a reply to: 3n19m470

Interesting that you would mention the treasure of words left behind in places such as this. One of the many little revelations of wisdom that entered my mind and influenced the motivation to make an account and participate in something I truly have always been passionate about!

I appreciate those who can interpret the layers of meaning that most only scratch the surface of understanding.

I would second the notion for ATS to be archived, and I believe the moderation had really helped keep it from deteriorating into internet anarchy, which is why keyboard researchers get such a bad rep...

People don’t realize we can access much of the same information a legitimate student in a physical school would be expected to utilize in a library....

But through the muck of ignorance that truth remains muddied... but much of what was once “fringe” is now being admitted and so I feel a bit of vindication for some of my long standing questioning of reality... I’m in recovery mode when a lot are just finding out they’re sick... as that’s the best metaphor I can think of at the moment.

I look forward to leaving a few pieces of myself here for the future...

And Cyn, I have often thought how glad I am to have not dove into this at 18 years of age.... but I honestly did feel quite a bit of intimidation at the sheer amount of thought provoking insight and non traditional knowledge shared here, and wisely decided to save my immaturity for the Facebook and MySpace friends. LOL!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hello SouthernGift! Nice to meet you.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

You can always get a pulse here!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have enjoyed your thoughts and posts, SG, so it's nice to get to know a little about you. See you around!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

A proper introduction, admirable indeed ! You may have gone and inspired me to do JUSTICE, and properly do the same..... Hmmmm tick tock

Godspeed in your journeys !

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Hahaha! I will be keeping an eye out for your intro...

a reply to: The GUT
Thank you, and back at ya!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I can relate to this. I probably first came upon ATS in 05’-06’ when I was still in high school. I always end uo back here it just blows me away the sheer breadth of content! But for some reason don’t recall ever joining, But those days are behind me now. And I’m excited to contribute where I can.

Do you remember what first brought you here?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hi and welcome!

Oh my, if only I could remember. I’ve always loved mystery.
Princess Di death
UFOs aliens
Time travel
Mind control
Symbolism and signs everywhere
Subliminal messages
Spiritual topics
Secret cults
Bermuda Triangle, ancient lost civilizations
Clones, dna genetics
Dreams
Intuition
ESP or other unique perceptive abilities
I could go on forever

Don’t know which subject led me HERE first, but after many visits and long rabbit holes that started here, I bookmarked. Earliest recollection of an accidental rabbit hole was 9/11 doing a book report for my junior year current events class and accidentally putting some info about ties between Bush/Osama and having my teacher tell me to be careful where I get my info from on internet sources. LOL!
Second memory is seeking out the photo of people being rescued after Katrina flooding from their roofs, and ending up completely lost in martial law, fema camps, civil unrest, HAARP and weather modification... learning about CERN...

My thoughts on all of it have evolved as uniquely as the speculations themselves. I appreciate open mindedness, and there’s no shortage of that here thankfully.

Funny thing is much of the fringe ideas I stumbled upon a decade ago aren’t so cooky anymore.

The world is a stage and everything seems to be connected in some way. It’s a very fascinating time to be alive.

a reply to: Westernmaj

top topics

join