It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Governor wants to deny the poor their 2nd Amendment right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
How much does it cost a criminal to get a licence? Has that gone up?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
How much does it cost a criminal to get a licence? Has that gone up?

Nope.

they still get them for free.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hmmm. New Jersey State Constitution

Article 1

1. All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness

5 and 13 are interesting reads as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Oh I know, my comment was not a joke, it's only a joke that it is reality.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Soon as I am done with school I am moving to a more Conservative area. My wife already knows she will be quitting her job when it's time. I don't even like Republicans, Liberals are so crazy though it's impossible to live near them.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Great idea! I'll just tell my wife to quit her job and tell my kid who lives at home, while attending college, to pack up and find another school. Do you realize how ignorant you sound? Get off your high horse and realize that for many people, moving IS NOT an option.

Then you share an equal blame for allowing your Rights to be infringed upon.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

A single person's rights are easily infringed. A mass of people and/or money can beat one or a few persons. The fact that Congress really isn't representing the average person anymore doesn't help either.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ummm, you're not allowed to carry?

Nope. Only to the range or to a gunsmith and then it has to be in the trunk and separate from the ammunition or you get a 5 year vacation in Rahway State.

Dayum!

We just have a class, which is pretty much waived if you're a vet, and you pay a fee and I can haul my boom-stick on my hov-a-round all day long.

I'm an Alaskan... I am allowed to open carry, carry concealed, have a fully loaded firearm on my dashboard, one under the seat, two in my waistband, and one on the rack all fully loaded as I drive down the road with zero problems from the law. No permit required for any of it, no hunting license required for anything other than hunting, no state background checks, no nothing. That's called "freedom" not this BS you Lesser 48 folks have allowed yourselves to be cursed with.

That is until some Democrat gives your state back to Russia...

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Where do these people think this will end? I mean they are targeting law abiding citizens. A law like this would not target criminals. Not one.

Here is how I see this taking shape one day. Let's just use this governor as an example. He takes your right away to defend your family. Then by some tragic coincidence someone in your family is murdered by a criminal the very next day. You were left defenseless. Just the day before you were not.

I would surmise that someone fueled with enough grief and seeking vengeance, with the right know how and patience would send a severe message in the form of a severe consequence. People like this governor better hope they don't do damage to the wrong person.

Look at all the laws that protect illegals and those same illegals have gone out a murdered innocent Americans. Kate Steinle and her family.. I can imagine the anguish they went through. I also expect the politicians in that state are still alive due to the grace of those that loved the woman that was murdered.

I think this governor is nuts and I doubt it survives a court challenge but that in and of itself should have severe consequences. If you pass a law that is clearly unconstitutional, you should suffer some consequence other than just a defeat in the courts. A bit of tar and feathering would be a good start.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

What's that look for? The poor have always committed more crimes over all than any other segment of society.
You know this cowboy.

But you expect them to obey this law, and not obtain a firearm through other means? Bless your heart.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I live in Portlandistan.

I have to wear a burka for gods sake!

A bacon burka at that.

This is how you side step the issue of Constitutional rights. You allow things, but make the ability prohibited by anyone to do it. Look at Hawaii to see this crappos in action. They didn't ban smoking, they just moved the age limits up till it becomes stupid (like having to be 100 yo in order to buy). This is no different, NJ can still say that you have your 2A, but now you have to be such and such to practice those rights.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What would be purpose of having to have all that there . You need easy access in case you come up on a grizzly.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

It’s to keep Californians out of Alaska. In the summer when they can’t bury a body under snow and ice, they have trained attack mosquitoes to drain a body of blood and leave them a raisin.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You know I think it was Ben Franklin who said, "Truly we only need government so the idiot cousins can have jobs". Or something to that effect.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Since when do criminals need a license?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Proving people out of the market. That’s one way to lower the number of people who could potentially use their 2nd Amendment rights to fight Marxist revolutionary tyranny. Will we see poor Democrats rising up against their tyrannical wealthy elitist rulers and demand an equal right to arms or will they acquiesce to demands to get rid of meat to save the planet.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Soon as I am done with school I am moving to a more Conservative area. My wife already knows she will be quitting her job when it's time. I don't even like Republicans, Liberals are so crazy though it's impossible to live near them.
We’ll take ya over here in the Northwest but ya gotta be willing to watch for deer and elk on the roads.

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: highvein

Don't look at me like that. You know its true.

When seconds count police are only minutes away.

It's rare for police to prevent crime as 99% of police work is investigating crimes after the crime has already been committed and subsequently reported to them by the victim.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join