It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the UK Spy on the Trump campaign?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Don't be so silly! I came into this thread because I find it funny as # 😂
Criticize UK intelligence agencies as much as you like, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm just here laughing my ass off that Trump is pissed off with UK spooks and can't do a damn thing about it, hilarious.
About time the smug superior grin was wiped off some US faces, I'm totally loving this thread for amusement so thank you for posting it.
Trump is pissed off but has to suck it up because even potus has limits of what he can do.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: RUokayHun

Without reading your missing post, the answer to your question would probably be yes. All allies spy on each other, even with five eyes cooperation, not really news lol
Edit>> After reading your post now, my answer is the same. The US spies on the UK and vice versa.

Yeah sorry, hit enter by accident.

It is news again because Trump just criticized the UK for spying on him and his campaign. The GCHQ replied:

“The allegations that GCHQ was asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then President Elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

These allegations should not be ignored.

So is it generally spying (collecting information/intelligence) that you refer to, or wire tapping specifically? They could have done one but not the other, but realistically, as others have said, it's not as though it doesn't happen - do you not think Trump gets intelligence on both enemies and allies?

Trump was a private citizen when it happened, and this information, along with former MI6 Christopher Steele’s dodgy dossier, led to one of the biggest failed investigations in modern history. I haven’t seen Trump doing that yet.

You haven't seen it means nothing. Trump was your countries potential next president at the time, do you seriously think your security agencies wouldn't perform due diligence? If they did enough is a different question maybe.

It was all phoney and bogus intelligence which brought two superpowers to the brink of war.

Sorry, I'm trying to remember how many of Trumps staff have been indicted or are now jailed, how his son in law met with Russians and how Trump looked to change the purpose of the meeting - fact.

Really? Are you just tossing this around in the vain hope of people agreeing with you?

How many were indicted for suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, like the GCHQ claimed?

Zero.

Well, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos spring to mind, his son in law appears to have escaped due to potential obstruction of justice by his father in law...... if that was through GCHQ or not is neither here nor there, but maybe they helped to start draining this swamp?

That's right, Zero. It was bad intel and led to a failed investigation which had geopolitical ramifications.

You really are funny, do you get some kind of deflection skills from somewhere to ignore or try and deflect what people say? Not sure what intel you think was bad, but then I know you don't either, hey, this is a free web site where you are allowed to spout an opinion so good for you.

Yes, sorry, I try treat BS like BS.

The bad intel was the same intel I've been speaking about since the beginning of this thread. As reported by The Guardian at the time:

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

This turned out to be unsubstantiated nonsense, as the failed investigation revealed.

How will you deflect from that?

It's quite easy really, GCHQ raised potential risks, they were passed on and allegedly investigated.

How do 12 counts of obstruction of justice and multiple indictments and jail sentences make anything failed? I guess if you shove your fingers in your ears and really squeeze those eyes shut you can imagine it so I guess.

Grow up, politicians and nations spy probably more closely on their 'friends' than enemies.

It was failed because no American was indicted or jailed for the crimes they were being investigated for. Had there been no failed investigation, based on flimsy intelligence and lies, there would be no process crimes committed.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUokayHun

Don't be so silly! I came into this thread because I find it funny as # 😂
Criticize UK intelligence agencies as much as you like, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I'm just here laughing my ass off that Trump is pissed off with UK spooks and can't do a damn thing about it, hilarious.
About time the smug superior grin was wiped off some US faces, I'm totally loving this thread for amusement so thank you for posting it.
Trump is pissed off but has to suck it up because even potus has limits of what he can do.

Glad I could be of service. Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RUokayHun
I'm not sure what coountry you're in, but British intelligence should only be spying on American citizens if Britan's security is at stake. I would also think that they would let the American government know what they are up to, and surely get a helping hand with the surveillance.

The American government using the British government to spy on a citizen as a work-around of the 4th Amendment is a crime. The criminals are the Americans who abused the 'special relationship' with the British to do it.

Running for president does not make you fair game to be spied on. Presididental candidates have the same constitutional protections as every American. The only national interest involved was the deep state interest in getting Hillary elected.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes.

Chris Steele is evidence of that. I highly doubt one is ever an "ex"-spy.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I can’t believe anyone has to ask this question?

You’re like two years behind in your research!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
I can’t believe anyone has to ask this question?

You’re like two years behind in your research!

But the news was from yesterday.

After Trump tweet, UK spy agency says claim it spied on Trump is utterly ridiculous

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
I'm not sure what coountry you're in, but British intelligence should only be spying on American citizens if Britan's security is at stake.

The US spies on everyone, regardless of security reasons or not, the spook apparatus works in paranoid mode dude!

I would also think that they would let the American government know what they are up to, and surely get a helping hand with the surveillance.

LMFAO!

The American government using the British government to spy on a citizen as a work-around of the 4th Amendment is a crime. The criminals are the Americans who abused the 'special relationship' with the British to do it.

Suuuuure, Not for the American gov, I wonder how we could all know that it happened at all? Maybe we need someone to expose that crime! Just like .. whistle blowers? Oh!

Running for president does not make you fair game to be spied on. Presididental candidates have the same constitutional protections as every American.

LOL, i'm pretty sure every other country in the world is extremely worried about the constitutional protections of an American citizen

Good trolling

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24340230]Tart
It's already been addressed that Obama admin asked for them to tap Trump. That way they could get the dirt on trump
Plus mi6 agent was one who made that dossier.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

ever think the whole thing was engineered just to throw a spanner in his administration !

and by that I mean he would have to divert some of his time and energy to battle these claims rather than working 100%
on "making america great again"

I thought when Donald came out with this campaign slogan it meant he was rejoining Great Britain
edit on 26-4-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
I'm not sure what coountry you're in, but British intelligence should only be spying on American citizens if Britan's security is at stake.
Britain will spy on whoever it likes without the permission of US authorities, and yes a potential new POTUS is a target to be looked into because he/she will be in charge of the most powerful nation in the world.
Again though, the US has been proven to spy on Brits (see Snowden files) so why the bleating? Trump would have been a legitimate target anyway due to his dodgy business dealings and the money he borrowed from Russian investors.
Geo politics is all, the mighty US and Saint Trump aren't immune, Britain just plays the same games you do 👍

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

We spy on each other down to the fact that a modicum of distance can be observed domestically.

They spy on our citizens and we spy on there's, then share the information.

That way it's someone else that takes the derry if ever caught or suspected.

And that just how "There" tradecraft functions.
edit on 26-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

ahhh nice to see your still the same old Les; If the Donald says it's true then it must be true....

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

ahhh nice to see your still the same old Les; If the Donald says it's true then it must be true....

Two posts in this thread and neither contain a valid argument.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

my two invalid posts versus your 518 pointless posts under this account....

Feel like I might have some catching up to do but honestly les, I have better things to do with my time than humour your usual anti-British BS whilst you chant "rah, rah, trump".

My history with you basically demonstrates that there is no point, and I mean no point, in even bothering to attempt to argue with you because you just burry your head in the cyber sand and pretend that anything that does not support your views just isn't true.

ahhh.....

let me know when you post your next thread about freedom of speech they were always good fun.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
[
edit on 26-4-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Absolutely

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

my two invalid posts versus your 518 pointless posts under this account....

Feel like I might have some catching up to do but honestly les, I have better things to do with my time than humour your usual anti-British BS whilst you chant "rah, rah, trump".

My history with you basically demonstrates that there is no point, and I mean no point, in even bothering to attempt to argue with you because you just burry your head in the cyber sand and pretend that anything that does not support your views just isn't true.

ahhh.....

let me know when you post your next thread about freedom of speech they were always good fun.

Anytime you think you can muster a valid argument, be sure to let me know.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The UK is importing threats faster than the media can hide it - Trump is making them look bad

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join