It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the UK Spy on the Trump campaign?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RUokayHun

Yes, and I am sure that that nice Mr Putin would never have dreamt of bugging/filming him in hotel rooms with very friendly young ladies, either.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: RUokayHun
a reply to: Tartuffe

Without reading your missing post, the answer to your question would probably be yes. All allies spy on each other, even with five eyes cooperation, not really news lol
Edit>> After reading your post now, my answer is the same. The US spies on the UK and vice versa.

Yeah sorry, hit enter by accident.

It is news again because Trump just criticized the UK for spying on him and his campaign. The GCHQ replied:

“The allegations that GCHQ was asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then President Elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

These allegations should not be ignored.

So is it generally spying (collecting information/intelligence) that you refer to, or wire tapping specifically? They could have done one but not the other, but realistically, as others have said, it's not as though it doesn't happen - do you not think Trump gets intelligence on both enemies and allies?

Trump was a private citizen when it happened, and this information, along with former MI6 Christopher Steele’s dodgy dossier, led to one of the biggest failed investigations in modern history. I haven’t seen Trump doing that yet.

You haven't seen it means nothing. Trump was your countries potential next president at the time, do you seriously think your security agencies wouldn't perform due diligence? If they did enough is a different question maybe.

It was all phoney and bogus intelligence which brought two superpowers to the brink of war.

Sorry, I'm trying to remember how many of Trumps staff have been indicted or are now jailed, how his son in law met with Russians and how Trump looked to change the purpose of the meeting - fact.

Really? Are you just tossing this around in the vain hope of people agreeing with you?

How many were indicted for suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, like the GCHQ claimed?

Zero.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: Flavian

Really? So the US didn't make a habit out of false intelligence during the 1950's with the Banana Republics of the Central Americas? Or with Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? I could go on but im sure you get the point.

Is it because Trump was the victim this time round? Is that what you don't like?

Name a similar example between the UK and the US, or between any western nation for that matter.

The Zimmerman Telegram?

Not sure what that is. Where can I learn about it?

How about Googling it?

I just did. 1917, eh? That's not reaching at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Without reading your missing post, the answer to your question would probably be yes. All allies spy on each other, even with five eyes cooperation, not really news lol
Edit>> After reading your post now, my answer is the same. The US spies on the UK and vice versa.

It is news again because Trump just criticized the UK for spying on him and his campaign. The GCHQ replied:

“The allegations that GCHQ was asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then President Elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

So is it generally spying (collecting information/intelligence) that you refer to, or wire tapping specifically? They could have done one but not the other, but realistically, as others have said, it's not as though it doesn't happen - do you not think Trump gets intelligence on both enemies and allies?

Trump was a private citizen when it happened, and this information, along with former MI6 Christopher Steele’s dodgy dossier, led to one of the biggest failed investigations in modern history. I haven’t seen Trump doing that yet.

You haven't seen it means nothing. Trump was your countries potential next president at the time, do you seriously think your security agencies wouldn't perform due diligence? If they did enough is a different question maybe.

It was all phoney and bogus intelligence which brought two superpowers to the brink of war.

Sorry, I'm trying to remember how many of Trumps staff have been indicted or are now jailed, how his son in law met with Russians and how Trump looked to change the purpose of the meeting - fact.

Really? Are you just tossing this around in the vain hope of people agreeing with you?

How many were indicted for suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, like the GCHQ claimed?

Zero.

Well, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos spring to mind, his son in law appears to have escaped due to potential obstruction of justice by his father in law...... if that was through GCHQ or not is neither here nor there, but maybe they helped to start draining this swamp?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Reaching, eh? You asked for examples and were given them. There are loads of others out there and the fact you are so dismissive speaks volumes.

Why don't you just admit you are butt hurt because this time the cult of Donald was affected?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Mate, you are whining to the wrong people, the Brits replying here obviously don't care. The US is a foreign nation and we expect our intelligence agencies to spy on you same as you spy on us.
Where are all the US members leaping to support you in your outrage?
And what can Trump do about it? Zero, zilch, nada lo!, our agencies likely have a ton of dirt on him already and he knows it so while he may bleat about it he knows he has to take it on the chin because only US citizens will give a toss.
Most powerful nation in the world and your leader just has to suck it up, unlucky, but #ing hilarious on this side of the pond.
😂

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: RUokayHun

Yes, and I am sure that that nice Mr Putin would never have dreamt of bugging/filming him in hotel rooms with very friendly young ladies, either.

Wait till you find out who really hosted that "pee party" 😎

It wasn't Trump 😎

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Reaching, eh? You asked for examples and were given them. There are loads of others out there and the fact you are so dismissive speaks volumes.

Why don't you just admit you are butt hurt because this time the cult of Donald was affected?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I asked for a case similar to the one under discussion. You named a case, and did not bother to explain much else. In other words, you were dismissive. Was this because the cult of the GCHQ was affected by my criticism?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Zero.

Well, Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos spring to mind, his son in law appears to have escaped due to potential obstruction of justice by his father in law...... if that was through GCHQ or not is neither here nor there, but maybe they helped to start draining this swamp?

That's right, Zero. It was bad intel and led to a failed investigation which had geopolitical ramifications.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Zero.

That's right, Zero. It was bad intel and led to a failed investigation which had geopolitical ramifications.

You really are funny, do you get some kind of deflection skills from somewhere to ignore or try and deflect what people say? Not sure what intel you think was bad, but then I know you don't either, hey, this is a free web site where you are allowed to spout an opinion so good for you.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's all about the motive. If the Brits need intel I'm sure they will do whatever they can anytime they need to like everybody else. It should be contained to government and national security issues and NOT to spy on civilians for political gain.

There never was any Trump/Russia collusion and real intel knew it. There wasn't any real national security issue. It was a narrative created for political reasons. The real embarrassment is that the Brits were played like pawns by Hillary in her 'any means necessary' attempt at becoming president.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Zero.

You really are funny, do you get some kind of deflection skills from somewhere to ignore or try and deflect what people say? Not sure what intel you think was bad, but then I know you don't either, hey, this is a free web site where you are allowed to spout an opinion so good for you.

Yes, sorry, I try treat BS like BS.

The bad intel was the same intel I've been speaking about since the beginning of this thread. As reported by The Guardian at the time:

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

This turned out to be unsubstantiated nonsense, as the failed investigation revealed.

How will you deflect from that?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

I have no problem with British intelligence agencies spying on citizens of a foreign nation if it is deemed to be in our national interest. Anyone running for US president is fair game, geo politics and all.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

lmao! The US investigation made that assertion, you have no idea if they are telling the truth or not.
For all anyone outside the intelligence services knows Trump could be knee deep in collusion and wrong doing.
But US officials say he isn't so I guess it must be true 😂

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
It's all about the motive. If the Brits need intel I'm sure they will do whatever they can anytime they need to like everybody else. It should be contained to government and national security issues and NOT to spy on civilians for political gain.

There never was any Trump/Russia collusion and real intel knew it. There wasn't any real national security issue. It was a narrative created for political reasons. The real embarrassment is that the Brits were played like pawns by Hillary in her 'any means necessary' attempt at becoming president.

I suspect that Carter Page was set up by GHCQ and the CIA at the "2016’s Race to Change the World" discussion at Cambridge university.

It had had speakers such as Madeleine Albright (former U.S. Secretary of State), Vin Weber (Republican Party strategist and former Congressman), Ambassador Peter Ammon (German Ambassador to the UK), Sir Richard Dearlove (former head of MI6), Bridget Kendall (BBC diplomatic correspondent and the next Master of Peterhouse College), Sir Malcolm Rifkind (former Defence and Foreign Secretary).

Carter Page was there. Christopher Steele was there. Stephen Halper was there. According to page, "Madeliene Albright was always trying to get me to go into public debates. I told her I was there just as a listener, just as an attendee". This was a few weeks before the start of Crossfire Hurricane.

It was a set up.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

lmao! The US investigation made that assertion, you have no idea if they are telling the truth or not.
For all anyone outside the intelligence services knows Trump could be knee deep in collusion and wrong doing.
But US officials say he isn't so I guess it must be true 😂

Maybe you can provide me with an investigation that says the opposite. Or is it "US officials say he isn't so I guess it must be false"?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Why would us Brits investigate any of it, we are denying it ever happened obviously lol
Keep bleating about it though, only your domestic audience gives a toss...and all Trump can do is whine and say the Brits were wrong while nobody except the intelligence agencies know the truth.
Funny as # 😂

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Why would us Brits investigate any of it, we are denying it ever happened obviously lol
Keep bleating about it though, only your domestic audience gives a toss...and all Trump can do is whine and say the Brits were wrong while nobody except the intelligence agencies know the truth.
Funny as # 😂

Obviously you do give a toss because here you are. I didn't expect a small flock of authoritarians would be so thin-skinned about someone criticizing their spy agency.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Zero.

Yes, sorry, I try treat BS like BS.

The bad intel was the same intel I've been speaking about since the beginning of this thread. As reported by The Guardian at the time:

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

This turned out to be unsubstantiated nonsense, as the failed investigation revealed.

How will you deflect from that?

It's quite easy really, GCHQ raised potential risks, they were passed on and allegedly investigated.

How do 12 counts of obstruction of justice and multiple indictments and jail sentences make anything failed? I guess if you shove your fingers in your ears and really squeeze those eyes shut you can imagine it so I guess.

Grow up, politicians and nations spy probably more closely on their 'friends' than enemies.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Funny as # 😂

Obviously you do give a toss because here you are. I didn't expect a small flock of authoritarians would be so thin-skinned about someone criticizing their spy agency.

I think it's a thin skinned OP who is somehow shaken that the world isn't the one he/she thought they lived in.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join