It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the UK Spy on the Trump campaign?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Pretty poor spy job. Turned out to be nonsense. Less like James Bond, more like Austin Powers.

Well, seeing as how Austin Powers was American, 'nuff said.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I’m curious as to why you guys are so adamant about defending spy agencies. Is it because you think it reflects poorly on the UK people somehow?

Yes, that's right. We are all just jealous of America being so much better at everything than us poor Brits.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: oldcarpy

You seem to have confused me with someone who gives a toss.

There seems to be an echo in here. Are we back in the school playground?

I’m curious as to why you guys are so adamant about defending spy agencies. Is it because you think it reflects poorly on the UK people somehow?
Of course we defend our spy agencies when they are dealing with foreign nations for the best interests of the UK. Why wouldn't we?
You are just butt hurt that they Did it to saint Trump and there is # all he can do about it lol

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

As you don't seem to be able to comprehend what we are stating, i will try again. No one is defending it, we have simply been pointing out that everyone does it. And US Intelligence will have been very aware of this particular example - they often ask the UK to spy on US Citizens.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

As you don't seem to be able to comprehend what we are stating, i will try again. No one is defending it, we have simply been pointing out that everyone does it. And US Intelligence will have been very aware of this particular example - they often ask the UK to spy on US Citizens.

“Everyone does it” is a poor excuse. Not everyone gives phoney intelligence against potential world leaders leading to a failed, expensive investigations.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Really? So the US didn't make a habit out of false intelligence during the 1950's with the Banana Republics of the Central Americas? Or with Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? I could go on but im sure you get the point.

Is it because Trump was the victim this time round? Is that what you don't like?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

“Everyone does it” is a poor excuse. Not everyone gives phoney intelligence against potential world leaders leading to a failed, expensive investigations.

Tell me, how good did all that US intelligence turn out to be on Saddam's supposed WMD that was rammed down us Brit's throats as an excuse for an expensive and failed war?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Really? So the US didn't make a habit out of false intelligence during the 1950's with the Banana Republics of the Central Americas? Or with Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq? I could go on but im sure you get the point.

Is it because Trump was the victim this time round? Is that what you don't like?

Name a similar example between the UK and the US, or between any western nation for that matter.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Name a similar example between the UK and the US, or between any western nation for that matter.

The Zimmerman Telegram? Would you like others?
edit on 25-4-2019 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Tell me, how good did all that US intelligence turn out to be on Saddam's supposed WMD that was rammed down us Brit's throats as an excuse for an expensive and failed war?

Whataboutism.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The Zimmerman Telegram?

Not sure what that is. Where can I learn about it?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Not Wikipedia! It helped bring the US into World War One and has long been suspected of being a UK Intelligence forgery, even at the time. However, the US administration took the opinion that it couldn't really take a chance. It was "intercepted" just as there was a growing groundswell of opinion in the US to enter on Germany's side.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Whataboutism.

Hand waving.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The Zimmerman Telegram?

Not sure what that is. Where can I learn about it?

How about Googling it?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Whataboutism.

Hand waving.
[clutches pearls] 😂

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Can I match you with a 'lock her up' campaign and raise you with 12 counts of obstruction of justice?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

You could always break the news to him/her that Trump is a massive bell end? That might work.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: RUokayHun

Without reading your missing post, the answer to your question would probably be yes. All allies spy on each other, even with five eyes cooperation, not really news lol
Edit>> After reading your post now, my answer is the same. The US spies on the UK and vice versa.

Yeah sorry, hit enter by accident.

It is news again because Trump just criticized the UK for spying on him and his campaign. The GCHQ replied:

“The allegations that GCHQ was asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then President Elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

These allegations should not be ignored.

So is it generally spying (collecting information/intelligence) that you refer to, or wire tapping specifically? They could have done one but not the other, but realistically, as others have said, it's not as though it doesn't happen - do you not think Trump gets intelligence on both enemies and allies?

Trump was a private citizen when it happened, and this information, along with former MI6 Christopher Steele’s dodgy dossier, led to one of the biggest failed investigations in modern history. I haven’t seen Trump doing that yet.

You haven't seen it means nothing. Trump was your countries potential next president at the time, do you seriously think your security agencies wouldn't perform due diligence? If they did enough is a different question maybe.

It was all phoney and bogus intelligence which brought two superpowers to the brink of war.

Sorry, I'm trying to remember how many of Trumps staff have been indicted or are now jailed, how his son in law met with Russians and how Trump looked to change the purpose of the meeting - fact.

Really? Are you just tossing this around in the vain hope of people agreeing with you?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think that the answer to the question in the thread title can be summed up like this:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I wonder where Trump will be sleeping on his state visit in a few weeks. Buckingham palace is conveniently having repairs done so he can't stay there.
Wherever it is for sure the intelligence agencies will be listening to make sure he is safe lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join