It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the UK Spy on the Trump campaign?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Did the UK Spy on the Trump campaign?

Recently Trump repeated a claim that the UK spied on the Trump campaign. A spokesman for GCHQ said it was "utterly ridiculous.

Reuters

But a couple of years ago, it was revealed that, yes, "British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia".

Britain’s spy agencies played a crucial role in alerting their counterparts in Washington to contacts between members of Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives, the Guardian has been told.

GCHQ first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious “interactions” between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the US as part of a routine exchange of information, they added.

Over the next six months, until summer 2016, a number of western agencies shared further information on contacts between Trump’s inner circle and Russians, sources said.

British intelligence passed Trump associates' communications with Russians on to US counterparts

British and other European intelligence agencies intercepted communications between associates of Donald Trump and Russian officials and other Russian individuals during the campaign and passed on those communications to their US counterparts, US congressional and law enforcement and US and European intelligence sources tell CNN.

So which is it?

edit on 24-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Without reading your missing post, the answer to your question would probably be yes. All allies spy on each other, even with five eyes cooperation, not really news lol
Edit>> After reading your post now, my answer is the same. The US spies on the UK and vice versa.
edit on 24-4-2019 by RUokayHun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RUokayHun

Without reading your missing post, the answer to your question would probably be yes. All allies spy on each other, even with five eyes cooperation, not really news lol
Edit>> After reading your post now, my answer is the same. The US spies on the UK and vice versa.

Yeah sorry, hit enter by accident.

It is news again because Trump just criticized the UK for spying on him and his campaign. The GCHQ replied:

“The allegations that GCHQ was asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then President Elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

These allegations should not be ignored.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Everybody else did.

You’re kidding yourself if you believe they didn’t.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Trump is probably bang on the money, but he must know that US intelligence spies on the UK as well. It's just pot calling the kettle black, but from a public relations angle he may have good reasons to make some fuss about it right now.
There must be a backstory because I don't imagine for a minute he thought the UK wouldn't have been spying on him.
Maybe this 'news' takes the heat off him with other stories in media right now?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Everybody else did.

Read the Guardian article I posted in the OP, and contrast it with this one.

Donald Trump repeats unproven claims of GCHQ spying

Donald Trump has repeated unproven and unverified accusations that British intelligence agencies spied on his election campaign, just a day after the UK confirmed he had been invited to London on a state visit to meet the Queen.

The Guardian

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It's how these nations spy on their citizens, they spy on the other countries citizens then share the data.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He's not exactly a closed book.

Why would they need to when they can simply read his 4 am Twitter gibberish?

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Deep State is NWO and "borders" are only a temporary nuisance 😬

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

He would have totally been spied on prior to becoming President, for sure, next leader of the most powerful nation in the world, of course the UK got as much dirt as it could.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Everybody else did.

If everybody starts killings themselves does that make it okay now?

Or you complicit with people breaking the law?

Either that or you should be condonming anyone who does this.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RUokayHun

Possibly, but it's not like they would need to expend many resources to do so.

With the Man just giving away whatever is on his, for want of a better word, mind.

Then again just like you say when the most powerful nation in the world elects the likes of Donald, somebody somewhere is apt to sit up and pay attention i suppose.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

These allegations should not be ignored.

Give them the Julian Assange treatment. Find out who's responsible, send a few teams to extradite them to Gitmo where they will be given a fair trial after a few years of torture.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

i'd be questioning the competence of our intelligence agencies if they didn't spy on him, or the US generally, the US spies on us lol, that's just geo politics

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RUokayHun

Well GCHQ is apparently rather good at what they do.

I would question the competence of many a thing over here but our intelligence agencies and information gathering capabilities are probably the best in the world.

Of course, Trump would have been a POI even before he was in the running for POTUS, just down to his status and shady business deals around the globe.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

From your source.

“The allegations that GCHQ was asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then president-elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored,” the statement from the wire-tapping agency said.

I mean if a wire tapping agency tells you it's ridiculous that they would wire tap anyone and to just ignore it...…

Does anyone else find this to be ….Hilarious? I am laughing so hard right now. You can't make this stuff up.
edit on 24-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sneaky language in that feeble denial from GCHQ it appears to me. Doesn't really cover all the bases, eh?

Andy, I have four words as regards your assertion about brit IC being the best: Weapons of Mass Destruction.
edit on 24-4-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wait, what?
So the non existent wiretaps are speaking up to defend themselves? I can’t with that either.

a reply to: highvein

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Sneaky language in that feeble denial from GCHQ it appears to me. Doesn't really cover all the bases, eh?

Andy, I have four words as regards your assertion about brit IC being the best: Weapons of Mass Destruction.

May I suggest that you re-read your source?

The article does not suggest that the UK int agencies were wrong, merely that the Blaire government misrepresented an incomplete intelligence picture to justify going to war. He was advised that there was limited information about WMD however he painted this as solid evidence of their existence. Blaire needed an excuse for Brit involvement in Iraq other than 'because we want to be best muckers with America' and this gave him one.

A political failure, not an intelligence one.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Why isn’t anyone actually calling this for what it is? It’s a shell game! Look here, look there, this is going on, you miss it because of everything else going on.

Good Lord...
edit on 4/25/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join