It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cobra Kai season 2 is out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
and it is going to be glorious

very excited

Sweep the leg!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As someone who saw the original Karate Kid in the theater, this seems rather bizarre. I mean, it was a cool movie for it's time. No doubt about it. But....I dunno. There's something just kinda odd about trying to resurrect that. LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
As someone who saw the original Karate Kid in the theater, this seems rather bizarre. I mean, it was a cool movie for it's time. No doubt about it. But....I dunno. There's something just kinda odd about trying to resurrect that. LOL

i thought so too but i loved it

it is major cheese for sure
no way around that

all i can say is it works very well

i enjoyed season 1 a lot

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And (oddly) Ralph Macchio still doesn't look his age. Now he kinda looks like a 19 year old Joe Pesci.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
And (oddly) Ralph Macchio still doesn't look his age. Now he kinda looks like a 19 year old Joe Pesci.

yeah
he is like 87 or some #

still looks too young to buy beer

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Haven't seen it, but my understanding is that he has the role of former white knight who maybe stares too long into the abyss and is walking the fine line of possibly becoming what he thinks he's fighting against.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Haven't seen it, but my understanding is that he has the role of former white knight who maybe stares too long into the abyss and is walking the fine line of possibly becoming what he thinks he's fighting against.

yeah

think johnny is the good guy and daniel is the bad guy

not exactly but it floats that idea as the show progresses

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well if they want to make it good, they can't simply retread the old story. They have to create interest. People change although the traditions may not.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well if they want to make it good, they can't simply retread the old story. They have to create interest. People change although the traditions may not.

it was good because of the cheese
hard to explain

it just worked

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't know why but it kind of makes me think that we weren't wrong when we thought the 80s were pretty awesome. But we also thought we were biased so even if they weren't we would have thought they were anyway.
edit on 24-4-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Makes me think people have forgotten how to tell stories, or when they do, they think people need diversity boxes over actual narrative.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
think johnny is the good guy and daniel is the bad guy

not exactly but it floats that idea as the show progresses

I love how season 1 blurred the line on what is good and bad overall
In the movie, there was at least a understanding of who the good guy was (yes, a solid argument can be made on how Daniel is actually the punk kid, but besides that).
I reckon the overall aim of this show is going to be about working together and having a sort of ying/yang balance being the best approach as neither of them are genuinely bad at heart

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The “product placement” is beyond ridiculous (coors, anyone?), but other than that I’m enjoying it so far.

But seriously, some parts are pretty much a glorified commercial.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Cheesy greatness, loved both seasons! Now we gotta sit back and wait a year for season 3

new topics

top topics

join