It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endgame Cometh! (and the cast sings for you)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I was divided on where to put this. The Avengers Endgame cast sings "We Didn't Start the Fire". It's cute and clever but not drop dead funny, so I opted to put it here to celebrate the movie and culmination of the previous 21 flicks in the series.

Husband and I are now pondering whether we make a list of all the movies we have and fill those in, or wait for the 21 series set which is sure to be released and opt for it.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
wait for the 21 series set which is sure to be released and opt for it.

For the low, low price of $249.99

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Probably. There is that downside. 21 movies times $20 each ... $420, so $249.99 would be a bargain in that context especially if they added in enough bells and whistles directors cuts.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

I hope the film does credit to the story.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Am I reading correctly that this film series has 21 installments!? Granted I don't get out to the cinema often but this confirms I am way, way out of touch with pop culture.
edit on 24/4/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

One reviewer I trust has given it an A-. I've heard it compared a bit to Kill Bill I and II in that Infinity War is the action heavy portion while Endgame is the more emotional story laden installment although there is plenty of action in it. It's also supposed to be a completely satisfying and epic wrap-up to the stories of the previous 21 films.

So, I think we're going to end up buying a copy of Infinity War to see it for the first time this weekend and then go see Endgame maybe next weekend after some of the hype has died off unless we hear totally contradicting things to what we're hearing now. We waited on Endgame because we didn't know how our then 7-year-old would take watching half his favorite character die with no chance of any kind of resolution to that for a year or more. He may not get them back in Endgame, but it will at least offer some closure that the ending of Infinity War as it is doesn't really offer being a cliffhanger.

This way, he can see it, and he doesn't have to wait as long before seeing Endgame and getting that resolution.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

No. There are two parts to this. The MCU has 21 films that lead up to Infinity War and Endgame. You can watch each stand-alone are string them together to get the full picture. They're all tied together in small ways to create one grand arc.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I see. It's a bit outside my normal proclivities but I can see it being a cool thing to flesh out the connections between all the stories. A monumental achievement to maintain the continuity from the comics to the screen, as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If you believe the film critics, End Game is the best superhero movie ever made.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm not ashamed to admit that we are very much a geek household. We like to joke that if you cross Batman with Spider-Man, you get Ironman because Batman is my favorite, Spider-Man is my husband's, and our son loves Ironman.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Nah, the reviewer I trust said it was really, really good - one of the top MCU films for sure, but had some problems. That's one of the reasons I trust him.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

My wife likes Batman a lot as well. How did you like Christopher Nolan's interpretation with his trilogy? I never could get over Christian Bales vocal affectation while in the suit.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Tartuffe

Nah, the reviewer I trust said it was really, really good - one of the top MCU films for sure, but had some problems. That's one of the reasons I trust him.

My trusted reviewer is my dork brother in law.

Yeah I'm skeptical, but definitely going to see it. I'm sure I'll have it spoiled for me before then though.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

My wife likes Batman a lot as well. How did you like Christopher Nolan's interpretation with his trilogy? I never could get over Christian Bales vocal affectation while in the suit.

Hmmm, I'm fine with it and actually like it quite a bit. Batfleck, on the other hand, is an affront to humanity.

Going back ... I liked Michael Keaton. George Clooney pulled off Bruce Wayne OK but was a horrible Batman while Val Kilmer had the opposite problem. He was serviceable as Batman but sucked as Wayne. Adam West rocked for what his Batman was.

In fact, I've divorced Batfleck from my reality. I'm not sure what character he's supposed to be playing, but it's not Batman.
edit on 24-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Probably. There is that downside. 21 movies times $20 each ... $420, so $249.99 would be a bargain in that context especially if they added in enough bells and whistles directors cuts.

Just go to a pawn shop, you can get all 21 of those movies for about 60 bucks.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ben Affleck was Batman? My first Mandela Effect!

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I have to disagree. Ben Affleck was the most underrated Batman. The problem was, I think, he never got his own Batman movie.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I hope the film does credit to the story.

Just finished watching it.

Yes and No.

Last one of the story arc.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Don’t feel bad, I haven’t bothered with a comic book movie since Toby Maguire was spider man.

Wait I was wrong!
I seen Logan also
edit on 24-4-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

If memory serves, that's creeping up on 20 years for the Spiderman flicks.

I did go see two of the X-men pictures (close to a a decade between each one) and enjoyed them. Comics translate well to film.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join