It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines' Duterte gives Canada 1 week to take back garbage or 'we will declare war'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears
I think Canada should take the garbage back and when the containers get to shore and emptied, reload the containers with all the Phillipinos that are working here. They have to come work in Canada to survive and send money to their families out in the Phillipines. If their President is so good... create work for them!

so because the Canadian government lets a problem happen. and does not deal with it. which in the process is breaking an international treaty Canada is a signatory on. we should take it all out on innocent people who just happen to be working and living legally in the offending country? that would be like putting the family that lives in a house that was robbed in jail because they got robbed.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
That metro leader they elected will bow his head and take the garbage...
That guy is is truly an embarrassment to men

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
a reply to: shooterbrody

And all this time I though the canuks were so lovable......

We are lovable, it's just the retarded douche bags we elected to run this country.

I too wondered what war between the Philippines and Canada might look like.
Turns out I won't worry about it too much: Most powerful militaries.
Canada is 25th
Philippines is 52nd
Not sure on the accuracy but I think we're safe here.

And neither side has any force projection capability.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Whilst this a hysterical story, Duterte does have a point (sort of). We in the West now like to complain about the huge amounts of plastics in the Oceans and rail against how much of it originates from countries like Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Phillipines, etc without accepting / understanding that we export the majority of our plastic waste to these countries.

The US, for example, recycles under 10% of it's plastic waste (as of winter 2018). The EU is slightly better at around 39%, which looks great in comparison but is actually still really poor. That is an awful lot of waste to export to these nations.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well this...different. Ok. Let's see if he goes through with it. lol

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Ya, he is a fembot, but still, regardless..he should take the containers back!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'd also like Trudeau to stop by on the way and pickup their two geese and the four goose-lings in my neighbors yard.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
The US, for example, recycles under 10% of it's plastic waste (as of winter 2018). The EU is slightly better at around 39%, which looks great in comparison but is actually still really poor. That is an awful lot of waste to export to these nations.

So they should create a lucrative recycling business with all the free raw materials we're just giving them. You just can't please some people. Buncha whiners.
edit on 25-4-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I doubt anything will happen. But going to war over garbage, is actually a better reason then the other thousands or so reasons any nation has went to war in the past decade.

But ya, people may need to do something about there garbage. I suggest dumping it stack on high, till it reaches the sky. Think about it. It would be just like the tower of babel, reaching the heavens, only more stinky, who knows maybe the stink of it would reach the gods above.

Or likely it would be like in Idiocracy, leading to the great garbage avalance of 2505.

Or the Canadians can try sending it to Sri Lanka or dumping in the sea like other civilized nations do, though I think Sri Lanka and other places are getting a bit full, so its likley that the sea it is, which again, well theres a video on that as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

A good tactic, I suppose 12 milles away in the sea, well people would complain when it washes back up to there shores. Case in point. But at 106 miles away, who knows whos shores it will wash up on, and who will have to pay to clean it up. But point being seeing everybody doing it, nobody will know who to blame, and so they will be confused, pretty sure this problem will solve itself.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Does this plonker realise that if he declares war on Canada, he is also declaring war on NATO ?

Finally we know why Trump really wants to pull out of NATO

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I was honestly stunned that anyone had any bone to pick with the famously polite canadians.
You know if the canadian government responded?

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A garbage war?Its bound to get dirty!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi

Finally we know why Trump really wants to pull out of NATO

This is a huge Trump misconception. NATO is actually his favourite stripper, and by "pulling out" he means.......

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well damn this is a really long week, must be a philipines week...
edit on 28-4-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Good for Duterte, he has helped clean up the country quite a bit. Not too long ago, the beautiful island of Boracay was going to # due to over tourism and littering/garbage, he closed the beach down for over 6 months until they cleaned it back up, and now its pristine yet again.

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

You mean like the US or Europe isnt shipping their own garbage to africa or the east, instead of handling it ourselves....??

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Bump....
Canada caves....
www.foxnews.com...

A cargo ship arrived in the Philippines on Thursday to pick up the tons of garbage Canada apparently shipped to illegally Manila years ago, officials said. The 69 containers of trash will be loaded onto cargo ship MV Bavaria in a northern port, Filipino Administrator Wilma Eisma of Subic Bay said. The ship is scheduled to head to Canada on Friday.

The Philippines recently recalled its ambassador and consuls in Canada over Ottawa's failure to comply with the May 15 deadline Duterte set to take back the garbage. Trudeau said that Canada had been working hard with Philippine officials to find a resolution, but didn't specify a time frame.

seems a resolution was found after all.......

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Ya, they are bringing it back, and incinerating it. Supposedly the containers were supposed to be full of recyclable plastics, turned out full of adult diapers and such
and the companies involved have gone tits up.

I sure wouldn't want to be the guy that has to open those after sitting in the subtropic sun for 6 years.
I think everyone needs to look at how much of this garbage they produce..it has to start with the consumer.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join