It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purposeful Stupidity by Corporate America & Their playbook on how to screw the little Guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Boy I always wonder how it was to be a child growing up in the 3rd Reich during WWII, especially all the propaganda and hate speeches. Ah never mind we have the American Mainstream Media, so now I know.

Well back on point. I have about had enough of getting screwed by either a small business or corporation. I mean to get screwed by a fast food franchise by only filling the Fruit Parfait cup half way for $1 each. That has happened for the 3rd time since December 2018 and I only eat there [drive through] about once every three weeks. Plus, the same joint burned my buns on my Cheeseburgers. My former restaurant owner little bro told me they may have done that to burn off the green mold. Hmmm. Well anyway the rolls were black and I didn't see that until I drove all the way home.

So for the hay of it I was tooling around our big brothers web site today. Yep, that one known as the SEE aye Eh and I read an article on The Art of Simple Sabotage that discussed Purposeful Stupidity. You can download the entire handbook for free on their web site and here's some of the highlights along with some of my recent experiences:

Here’s a list of five particularly timeless tips from the “Simple Sabotage Field Manual”:

1. Telephone: At the office, hotel, or local telephone switchboards, delay putting calls through, give out wrong numbers, cut people off “accidentally,” or forget to disconnect them so that the line cannot be used again.

Hay, that happened to me with one of those TV satellite guys. Yep, said I could have this and that and this and that all for free. But when they sent the order through it was all different. So I called them and got the spin a round. I made [5] phone calls. Been their customer since 2008. So I filed a complaint with the FCC and in one day a VP from headquarters called and made all nice nice. Got all of my money back and what I wanted, Thank you FCC in 2017.

2. Movie Theater Patrons: To ruin everyone’s time at the movies (without a cell phone, that is) bring in a paper bag filled with two or three dozen large moths. Open the bag and set it in an empty section of the theater. “The moths will fly out and climb into the projector beam, so that the film will be obscured by fluttering shadows.”

Nah, I don't go to movies that often

3. Managers and Supervisors: To lower morale and production, think of the worst boss you’ve had and act like that. Be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions. Discriminate against efficient workers; complain unjustly about their work. When possible, refer all matters to committees for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committees as large and bureaucratic as possible. 4. Employees: Be forgetful. Clumsy. Work slowly. Think of ways to increase the number of movements needed to do your job: use a light hammer instead of a heavy one; try to make a small wrench do instead of a big one.

See that all the time and just thinking about those burnt buns..........

We are so sorry about your recent visit to our ........ located in………. We appreciate your feedback and are investigating the matter you’ve described regarding the poor quality of your burger and the incorrect portion of your parfait. Your experience is simply unacceptable, and it should not have happened. We are committed to rectifying this situation and I can assure you, we will take appropriate actions in the restaurant immediately! Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction and you contacting us serves as a valuable reminder that you and all of our customers are our number one priority. We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your comments as your feedback is vital to us; we will take measures to make sure this doesn’t happen again. We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and give you the service you expect and deserve. Again, we are very sorry and do hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for your experience. Sincerely, Customer Relations

5. Transportation: Make train or air travel as inconvenient as possible. One particularly effective trick: issue two tickets for the same seat on a train in order to set up an “interesting” argument.

I read about the airlines doing that all the time.

So my opine is that our Banana Republic has turned our Business and Corporations into handling the consumers by use of Purposful Stupidity. Oh and they had help by the 2013 Democrat controlled.......... ready? Supreme Court

www.motherjones.com...

The Supreme Court Just Made It Easier for Big Business to Screw the Little Guy The far-reaching consequences of the American Express v. Italian Colors decision.

I have way too many other things that are ongoing including how did the USPS lose a package to my bro. I used their kiosk and the kiosk chose his address. He never got it and USPS said that he doesn't exist so the $75 birthday gift fishing reel was then rerouted back to Atlanta. It had a Tracking Number along with Insurance and a return address. I filed the claim with them yet USPS report that my Tracking Number does not exist. Yea, sure I still have all of the paperwork. I wonder If I can sue them. I did contact a Postal Inspector on this issue in Atlanta via email and phone. Never heard back from her again.

So what are all of you experiencing. Similar stories?
edit on 24-4-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 24-4-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Excellent thread. The middle class, the working poor, and the "little guy" in general has been getting bent over by the govt and corporations for decades.

As despicable as it is, the public must share blame for being so utterly stupid.
George Carlin ranted about this incessently. The favorite pastimes of America are eating and shopping.

As for your USPS experience, I can relate. Incompetence has become the norm. I had a friend arrive in town and check in at a hotel.
I called the hotel to ring his room. Automated switchboard that didn't work. It just disconnected me. So I went to their website, which prompted me to install their app. It didn't work.
edit on 24-4-2019 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A few months ago they changed up the system for electronic fare card on transit here without any notice. You pay a $6 deposit on the card, $1 more than the maximum you'll ever be charged to travel. You've got 90 minutes from tapping in that your fare's good to. Until a few months ago, you could tap in within that 90 minutes even if you had a negative balance, which makes sense, you've already paid, twice for that. One day it was suddenly different, you couldn't tap in with a negative balance even within that 90 minute period any more. People were visibly confused as they tried to go through the gates and were unable to. I was also confused, i'd only made a short trip and was trying to come back within 10 minutes it wouldn't let me through. I asked one of the transit workers about it. They got mad at me, lied to me, told me it had always been that way. I started asking why we paid a $6 deposit then. He ignored me, kept getting mad, said it had always been that way and walked away.

I'm not sure how many people really noticed the change in the end. It's subtle, but they end up getting just a few more dollars out of each person because of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Ek het ook 'n opinie

It's the purposely implemented ANC's way to hinder investigations into corruption

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wait! What did I just read here? A fast food joint did not fill your parfait cup to the brim and THAT is an example of the "Little Guy" being screwed over by The Man? That's good for a laugh anyway. First World Problem, dude.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Arr they be messin with me berries lad. That's how pathetic is has become.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Wait! What did I just read here? A fast food joint did not fill your parfait cup to the brim and THAT is an example of the "Little Guy" being screwed over by The Man? That's good for a laugh anyway. First World Problem, dude.

The Big Corporation Screwing Over The Little Guy in Corporate America is a "First World Problem".

Just sayin.

top topics

join