It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Sanders On CNN Promotes Prison Voting, Would Let Boston Marathon Bomber Vote From Jail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Klassified

Bernie's talking about letting them vote from jail though. That would indicate the ones he's talking about have not served their time.

Thanks for clarifying that, I tried but apparently someone got confused.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If criminals in jail get to vote, then I will personally and directly petition that they should have firearms as well.

This is swear.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, let the prisoners vote. It is called democracy.

Good or bad person, one vote.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just curious.

How would a potential political candidate pander to the in-prison vote?

Would drug cartels become super-PAC's?

Would a politician claim to make rape and murder legal just to get votes?

Every single person on this site knows with 100% certainty that any democrat candidate would absolutely promise to make rape and murder legal, just to get votes.

I’m pretty sure that’s undisputed

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462
Why don't you just admit that you butted into an exchange between two members without first reading their posts. My post was in response to Ketsuko, not you, not the thread. I addressed the thread in my first post. If you had read it in full you would know that, and you would have responded already knowing my opinion on the topic.

Now. If you would actually like to have an adult discussion about the topic. We can do that.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Klassified

Bernie's talking about letting them vote from jail though. That would indicate the ones he's talking about have not served their time.

Which I addressed in my first post that you responded to, Kets. Please read it fully. I know full well what Bernie is talking about, and I understand that he's a mad man for even entertaining the idea.

Quoting myself...

That said, I have no issue with a felon who has served their time and paid their debt to society having their voting rights reinstated, but while they are incarcerated? NO.

Note the last sentence.
edit on 4/23/2019 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It’s PRISONERS , people who are currently IN PRISON that bernie-the-racist is talking about.

Do any Of the leftists here (klassified) think like Bernie-the-fascist and agree that people CURRENTLY IN PRISON should be allowed to vote?

Or Is bernie-the-rich-White-male-one-percenter an absolute total moron whackjob like EVERY other democrat candidate??

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't deny I responded to a post where you responded to Ketsuko, but I was entirely on topic. You were misleading people.

And I wont take back what I did or said. I am sorry you couldn't follow the conversation. Perhaps you should have a private conversation if you don't want people "butting in"?

This entire thread is a discussion open to all members and the subject being discussed is what Bernie Sanders said last night in the CNN Town Hall.

Is it not?

NOw please, get over it and move on.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
I don't deny I responded to a post where you responded to Ketsuko, but I was entirely on topic. You were misleading people.

And I wont take back what I did or said. I am sorry you couldn't follow the conversation. Perhaps you should have a private conversation if you don't want people "butting in"?

This entire thread is a discussion open to all members and the subject being discussed is what Bernie Sanders said last night in the CNN Town Hall.

Is it not?

NOw please, get over it and move on.

And again, you did not read ALL of my post. I said...

...without first reading their posts.

Butt in all you want, but at least follow the posts first. Enough said.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Maybe I should run for the DNC nod on the platform of ending homelessness by giving everyone a home which will be paid for by property taxes. With a home, it will end poverty especially with a car in every garage so people can freely get back and forth to work and the grocery store outside the vast food deserts.

Then once elected, the old bait and switch comes in because I make Reagan look like a bed wetting tree hugger.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I'm currently serving time for an unfortunate episode with a chainsaw and several angry ducks, but if you can promise me a Lexus, then I will vote for you in prison!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I'm currently serving time for an unfortunate episode with a chainsaw and several angry ducks, but if you can promise me a Lexus, then I will vote for you in prison!

That is corruption. Not democracy. Don't get me wrong i like your posts always.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

That is corruption. Not democracy. Don't get me wrong i like your posts always.

Of course it's corruption.

Welcome to the 2020 Election season!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

For a small campaign donation of $350,000 I might be able to get you into a Lotus Evora. Now that is ducking style.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Would you accept a very large pile of chopped up ducks?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sorry I was in Democrat mode, I was looking at the $83,000 one here.

You know how Dems are always ripping off their supporters like the Klan, Union Workers, inner city people of color, Catholics, Jews... I don’t know why the non-cisgenders think they won’t be abandoned as well for the next group.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Honestly, i can't even understand this is up to debate.

Definition of democracy 1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

www.merriam-webster.com...

Prisoners are not people? It just does not fit in my head, where this logic comes from.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

For a small campaign donation of $350,000 I might be able to get you into a Lotus Evora. Now that is ducking style.

This adds a lot of credibility to the CT of the Dems leadership
scuttling Bernie's candidacy before he even gets going. Re: he
couldn't beat Trump with the nomination.
Personally I think with this OP tidbit he beat the DNC to the dance.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Democrats will do ANYTHING for votes.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I have a question.

Why the hell is the Boston marathon bomber still alive?

Seriously. Hes guilty as hell so hang him already.

No! Felons should not vote.
They already have rejected the rules of our society so they dont get to use the benefits of the society.

I agree with you on the boston bomber, but for someone who didn't blow up a bunch of innocent people, I think they should get their rights back in full. These people already did their time, I really don't see how stripping them of their rights after they've already paid for a crime benefits society at all.
I think the majority of people paint all felons as murders, rapist, armed robbers, child molesters ect. Which is true, but not all felonies are violent or cruel in nature and there should be a better system in place so that people who are not a threat to society in that way, can become actual functioning members of society again. But thats just my 2 cents!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join