It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Sanders On CNN Promotes Prison Voting, Would Let Boston Marathon Bomber Vote From Jail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
So, counties with large prison populations will have their laws and politicians chosen for them by the incarcerated?

I cannot believe I ever supported this #hole or any Dem for that matter.

EW! I can't either. At least you grew up.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: infolurker

Of course, because Bernie knows that felons and terrorists are more likely to vote democrat.

I love how they think we can't see through the BS.

Illegals should be able to vote!
Felons should be able to vote!

Clown World is here.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Why would anyone ever want to give a felon the right to vote!?

How ridiculous. People deemed felons by the state are obviously deemed that for a reason.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: S777S
Why would anyone ever want to give a felon the right to vote!?

How ridiculous. People deemed felons by the state are obviously deemed that for a reason.

Maybe they are just mizzundastood. ^_^

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I highly doubt that. There’s a reason you have to disclose if you’re a felon on job applications. Most of them aren’t worth the risk you know...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I haven't seen one of these Democratic candidates that isn't touting some whacked out Leftist idea. These people are so disconnected from mainstream America that they are going to get Trump elected for four more years. If any of these people were just moderate and used their common sense they could easily defeat Trump, but it won't happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What a world we live in when people think narrow, unenlightened self-interest and selective empathy are traits of virtue.

The man is a manipulator and deceiver of the highest order. In doesn't take more than 5 minutes and a small dose intellectual curiosity to dismantle the majority of his claims. Don't make the error in judgment that just because a fool can point to the sky and say that it is raining that they should be put in charge with building a structure to bring us all in from the rain.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24337903]Metallicus[/post

Must not get much more leftist then that huh? Thinking people like THAT deserve a voice?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sure, let felons vote on the laws they will ignore. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24337964]underpass61[/post

Whatever sir
edit on 23-4-2019 by S777S because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People generally become felons because they showed a distinct lack of respect for or understanding of the concept of those same rights.

Agreed.

So why allow them to vote on laws or for politicians whose jobs very often involved tinkering with other people's rights?

Because they served their time. We don't punish people for the rest of their lives unless we believe they are beyond redemption. In that case, we either keep them in prison for the rest of their lives, or execute them. Is that what you are advocating? If you've committed a felony of any kind, no matter the circumstances, we're done with you. We're only sentencing you to ten years, but we're going to punish you for the rest of your life. No second chance for you.
If I didn't know better, I would accuse you of not believing in the concepts of redemption and/or forgiveness.

edit on 4/23/2019 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

People generally become felons because they showed a distinct lack of respect for or understanding of the concept of those same rights.

Agreed.

So why allow them to vote on laws or for politicians whose jobs very often involved tinkering with other people's rights?

Because they served their time. We don't punish people for the rest of their lives unless we believe they are beyond redemption. In that case, we either keep them in prison for the rest of their lives, or execute them. Is that what you are advocating? If you've committed a felony of any kind, no matter the circumstances, we're done with you. We're only sentencing you to ten years, but we're going to punish you for the rest of your life. No second chance for you.
If I didn't know better, I would accuse you of not believing in the concepts of redemption and/or forgiveness.

He *bernie* is talking about felons who are currently incarcerated and felons who literally will never see the outside of the prison yard.

He is not talking about former felons who have done their time and become law abiding members of society.

Is that really something you needed explained to you or are you just doing that Lefty thing you do where you LIE to make an outrageously stupid idea sound less stupid?
edit on 23-4-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Prisoners who Deserve it should be Shot , Not Voting . .......just sayin' ...........

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: Klassified

Agreed.

He is talking about felons who are currently incarcerated and felons who literally will never see the outside of the prison yard.

He is not talking about former felons who have done their time and become law abiding members of society.

Is that really something you needed explained to you or are you just doing that Lefty thing you do where you LIE to make an outrageously stupid idea sound less stupid?

If you had read my first post, and then HER post, you would understand my answer. Maybe you should improve your reading comprehension skills before intervening for someone who is well capable of defending HERself.

Also, I will not stoop to returning your unnecessary and uncooth ad hominem insults in kind.
edit on 4/23/2019 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
I was referring to BERNIE and how HE wants to give felons the right to vote. Get over yourself.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462
Then why did you quote my response to Ketsuko, if that wasn't what you were referring to?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just curious.

How would a potential political candidate pander to the in-prison vote?

Would drug cartels become super-PAC's?

Would a politician claim to make rape and murder legal just to get votes?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The entire thread is about what Bernie said, is it not? And your response to Ketsuko was misinterpreting (to put it kindly) what Bernie said.

I knew you would get confused.

So, to clarify. Do you think Bernie wants to give FORMER felons who have served their time and are now productive, law abiding members of society the right to vote OR is he contemplating giving current felons serving time in federal prison the right to vote?

There is a difference, I hope I don't need to explain that to you. And don't confuse the two like you are apt to try and do.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A Crime , a Price MUST BE Paid . WTF has Voting Have to Do with That ? Are these People INSANE or What > ?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Bernie's talking about letting them vote from jail though. That would indicate the ones he's talking about have not served their time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join