It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Sanders On CNN Promotes Prison Voting, Would Let Boston Marathon Bomber Vote From Jail

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So, this is your front-runner for the Democratic party. Now we are to the point where they not only want ex-felons to vote but they actually want to put voting booths in the prisons and have the convicts vote. I am not joking or misquoting the guy as he answers the question directly in this CNN Q&A.

Bernie Sanders Says That He Would Let Boston Marathon Bomber Vote From Jail

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm really excited about watching the Democratic Primaries. It's going to be a race to the left to see who can out crazy each other. Then it's going to be hilarious watching whoever wins trying to come back to the middle during the general election.

The Following is just Psycho Fluff to prove a point, feel free to ignore:

Primaries: Not only should Felons be able to Vote! White Males have abused that privilege and should be banned from voting! Free College for All Americans(except rich white people) NO CARS OR PLANES FOR ANYONE! GAS IS EVIL!!! STOP GLOBAL WARMING!!! Everyone deserves a $50,000 Salary for a living wage!

General Election: Just to Clarify, if a felon has served their time and are out of prison and have no record for ten years, we should consider maybe allowing them to vote... Why would you ban any American from voting? College should be cheaper, of course not free... Americans need cars and planes! it's outrageous you would categorize myself as wanting to get rid of the lifeblood of America! We should increase the minimum wage to $11.

edit on 4/23/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: to add my fluff disclosure

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have a question.

Why the hell is the Boston marathon bomber still alive?

Seriously. Hes guilty as hell so hang him already.

No! Felons should not vote.
They already have rejected the rules of our society so they dont get to use the benefits of the society.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
They will say and promise literally ANYTHING to get a vote.

It's absurd.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ah, yes...the coveted 'Terrorist Prisoner' Vote.

Progressives scraping the bottom of the barrel for votes.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

The only thing I disagree with is the minimum wage hike. If you raise the minimum wage, the companies will just increase the cost of goods to negate the difference, if not more. I feel if we strangle the crap out of illegal immigration, while maintaining a hot economy producing more and more jobs. Eventually, the companies will be competing for employees. Simplified I know, but that's my general thoughts on increasing wages.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Waiting for Bernie and his ilk to go 'ALL IN' and then offer to commute EVERY prisoner's sentence for votes.

It's obvious that THIS is the real reason they want them to be able to vote.
edit on 23-4-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
People who have made very bad decisions should be voting for other to make decision for us all. That's libber logic at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So, counties with large prison populations will have their laws and politicians chosen for them by the incarcerated?

I cannot believe I ever supported this #hole or any Dem for that matter.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

That is a pretty stupid thing to promote.
Seems bernie is embracing more of a challenge this primary season.
Next he will offer an oxygen breathing tax based on consumption to stop global warming.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
So, counties with large prison populations will have their laws and politicians chosen for them by the incarcerated?

Plan is simple:

1.) GIVE 'em a vote.

2.) Promise to release them or reduce their sentence if they vote for YOU.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

bernie just 'berned' hinself.

voting is a privilege, which yoy gain by being a law abiding citizen and cobtributing good to a society.

no one in the "pen" are going to see voting as a way to improve the country whilst they rot in prison.

the reason they are there in the first place is because they are detrimental to society.

now if he said non violent, low risk felons who got out and reinstituted themselves, then thats different.

there are so many grey areas and kinks needed to sort before giving felons voting rights. absolutely no one serving should be allowed to vote.

he was just cajoling his audience.
edit on 23-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Nice point! I had not thought of that. Imagine convicts voting in the mayor and congressperson of your town.

Well, next step will be to move the prison population to Red States if this comes to pass. Re-draw some districts to loop in that prison!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

voting is a privilege, which yoy gain by being a law abiding citizen and cobtributing good to a society.

Voting is a RIGHT guaranteed by constitutional amendments 14, 15, 24, 26, with exceptions noted in the amendments themselves. Note the wording in those amendments..."RIGHT to vote".

That said, I have no issue with a felon who has served their time and paid their debt to society having their voting rights reinstated, but while they are incarcerated? NO.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
😆Sanders really showing his cards😆

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I have a question.

Why the hell is the Boston marathon bomber still alive?

Seriously. Hes guilty as hell so hang him already.

No! Felons should not vote.
They already have rejected the rules of our society so they dont get to use the benefits of the society.

Have you seriously not seen the numerous threads on the Boston incident? There are pictures of who did it. Craft (formerly blackwater).

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why Bernie, why?

It's like the whole thing is fixed!!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not with him on this.

I understand what he is trying to say about making it easier for everyone to get a vote.
Not so sure about when he said the constitution is worded so that it means even those in prison should be able to vote.

Even if it does I think exceptions should clearly be made for people in jail that we know for a fact want to bring the country down.
Also as the person asking that question pointed out it would be absurd to allow rapists to vote on women rights issues.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Only like 6 states DON'T allow felons to vote.

www.kqed.org...

That map shows floida as one but they recently changed the law.
edit on 23-4-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have to admit, that man has BALLS to stand there with that answer, even knowing that he was setting up a 30 second anti-Sanders soundbite. BALLS I tell you.

Sanders is an idealist and his stand on voting rights is absolute. His concern over this exclusion and that exclusion and any exclusion is in his eyes a step towards excluding YOU from voting because of the way you vote. His stance is in an absolutist way commendable. I don't agree with it but still I can admire him for sticking to it in the face of that very directed question.

He did not try to obfuscate but rather to set the context for his believe and then he came back to that specific question and answered it truthfully.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join