It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all Muslims are bad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Tempter

Not all Muslims are bad.

I don't think people think that Muslims are bad. I think people think Jihadists are bad.

Unfortunately, around here, a lot of people do think Muslims are bad, they're the ones you see quoting that Islam is meant to be the religion of peace as if Christians never carry out atrocities, it's as if the troubles in Ireland never happened now because, as far as they're blinders let them see only Muslims carry out terrorist attacks. Any time something bad happens, they're the first off the blocks questioning if it was carried out by "The Religion of peace"...

Oh, come on.

All humans are basically *ssholes.

Some are just more *sshole-y than others.

Islam and it's adherents tend to fit that bill in our modern world.

But keep up with the "what-abouts..." and relativisms. Let's see where that gets you.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I don't drop the R word lightly, but damn your post is racist.

Treat muslims like second class... historically blacks isolate themselves socially? You mean white people's segregation, jim crow laws, and housing discrimination?

I dislike islam, but calling others to treat muslims as sexond class is terrible. That's what we did to black people after slavery ended...

What's your presidential campaign slogan? MARA? Make America Racist Again

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I agree with the Thread Title But

the Sufi cult of Muslims...are too esoteric for the Wahabbi fundamentalist sect...

the ISIS/Caliphate types think the Sufi are better off without heads/ as all Apostates are...

this emblem is supposed to identify the bearer as Sufi ->

edit on rd30155602999223332019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

There is another view, however, that traces the pre-Islamic roots of Sufism back through the early Christian mystics of Syria and Egypt, to the Essenes, the ancient Pythagorean orders, and the mystery schools of the Egyptians and Zoroastrians, among others. It is these roots that gathered into the trunk known as Islamic Sufism.

sufiway.org...

I believe sufism started with multi-religious and spiritual roots. It was then taken over by Islam.

"Every age of the world has seen awakened souls, and as it is impossible to limit wisdom to any one period or place, so it is impossible to date the origin of Sufism."

Maybe that's why ISIS and other extremists dislike Sufi's.

I would say that Sufism is the only cool part about islam, but it may be just another instance of religion capturing mysticism and shoving it into a box. Reading about sufism, it really doesn't feel like islam at all.

edit on 23-4-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Can someone please explain to me why good people follow the writings of one of the most evil books ever written?

in germany 'mein kampf' is forbidden but everywhere in the world you can buy it and i know there are many people reading it with a smile. why people still celebrating hitler and his gang of psychos? dont know. no education maybe?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I never heard of a nazi stoning his own daughter to death for kissing a Jew. And if it ever did happen I’m sure he wasn’t cheered on by his peers and neighbors. Normal practice for true hateful ideologies.

Just wow..wtf? , no the nazis just shot women holding their children to save f'ing bullets, and experimented on children..sincerely

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Not all rattlesnakes are bad. Why? cuz I said so and there must be a POLL out there to say the same thing so it must be true.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Not all Christians are going to Heaven ether

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Their main objective is to conquer through demographic warfare. The simply out populate the host..and do not be fooled by the nice ones. They secretly hate your guts. Our very own government, with the help of organizations like Catholic Charities, are making sure they have no trouble getting a foot in the door. While conservatives piss and moan about what CNN said, they are busy replacing us in our own towns.
edit on 23-4-2019 by oklalittledixie because: their not there

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And , by your posting style ,and lack of understanding the term nationalist , I would assume you are not a US citizen ?

What can I say? I lost my papers. I hope ICE doesn't catch me.
Without my papers they won't know where to deport me too.

I can look up nationalism just like any one else.

There are various definitions of a "nation", however, which leads to different strands of nationalism. Ethnic nationalism defines the nation in terms of shared ethnicity, heritage and culture, while civic nationalism defines the nation in terms of shared citizenship, values and institutions, and is linked to constitutional patriotism. The adoption of national identity in terms of historical development has often been a response by influential groups unsatisfied with traditional identities due to mismatch between their defined social order and the experience of that social order by its members, resulting in an anomie that nationalists seek to resolve. This anomie results in a society reinterpreting identity, retaining elements deemed acceptable and removing elements deemed unacceptable, to create a unified community.[10] This development may be the result of internal structural issues or the result of resentment by an existing group or groups towards other communities, especially foreign powers that are (or are deemed to be) controlling them.[10] National symbols and flags, national anthems, national languages, national myths and other symbols of national identity are highly important in nationalism.
en.wikipedia.org...

But seriously, my people have been highly migratory. We used to raid all up and down the European coasts and the British Isles. Then one of my ancestors signed up as a mercenary for this guy named William who defeated Harold. So we settled down in England and got all Anglicized. Then the West called out, so we ended up in North America.

To make matters more confusing, there's this religious text that says "for your citizenship is in heaven." So we dispossessed people to get their land and … Well, I'm just so confused. Are we supposed to like migrants or hate migrants? If we go around hating migrants then they may see themselves as separate from us and then divisions and fighting will never cease.

edit on 23-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This tread is turning in to some whataboutism.

People seem to be unable to flipp that coin and understand they are just on the otherside of the very same coin.

What would you all do without your antithesis? That hatred has to go some where maybe better it is some culture far away. Otherwise you would turn on eachother.

Look at your own inner hatred and don't project it on your favorite antithesis and we might be one step closer to real peace.

This goes for all sides of the game
edit on 23/4/2019 by NoClue because: incapable of quoting

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The majority of Muslims are good people, just like the majority of any other group of people in the world are good people. It's when you narrow down to groups of radicals in any group that you get to the point where you'll find a grouping of all bad people.

All radical liberals, conservatives, Christians, Muslims, Astros fans, etc. are bad people with bad intentions. The other ninety-nine percent are just ordinary people living ordinary lives, all varying levels of good to bad humans based only on personal character, rather than political or religious identity.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

That's like saying the majority of Nazis are good people. The ideology itself is based on a book that condones killing non believers..among other primitive and barbaric actions. This is a very naive statement on your part.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Only the brown ones are bad here in ATS world.

When all else fails, try the identity politics... Typical left wing response. That's why their plans fail.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Not all Muslims are bad. They're not all here to plant bombs or attack us in the name of Allah.

Actually, in one way or another, the majority are radicalized.

This is what they will admit to.

Logic dictates that the real numbers are much higher.

The much smaller minority that might actually fall into the category of 'peaceful muslims' will be the first to be beheaded when the real Jihad starts...
edit on 23-4-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I see more condemnation from Muslims when one of their own commits a terror attack than I do from the Right when it's one of their own.

Remember that Right Wing extremism is the number one cause of terrorism in the US. Yet anytime such an attack actually makes the news the cries of false flag are deafening. Or they're secretly a Leftist trying to make the Right look bad. Or worst of all the people that actually try to justify the attack.

Just stop. I've looked at the chart that listed those "right wing terror attacks." Have you ever bothered to look? One of yours were kind enough to post the link to it a couple of weeks ago and almost every single "right wing terror" attack they had listed was along the lines of "white man kills black man" or "white man kills gay man." Besides Dylann Roof, it didn't mention any names and very few had anything to go off of when I researched it. One was a mad employee who shot some black people with a shotgun at his place of business, but after 8 seconds of research, it turns out he shot white people too and was just some crazy dude. Before ever saying right wing extremism is the number one cause of terrorism in the US, do some effing research. Don't be a parrot.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
The majority of Muslims are good people, just like the majority of any other group of people in the world are good people. It's when you narrow down to groups of radicals in any group that you get to the point where you'll find a grouping of all bad people.

All radical liberals, conservatives, Christians, Muslims, Astros fans, etc. are bad people with bad intentions. The other ninety-nine percent are just ordinary people living ordinary lives, all varying levels of good to bad humans based only on personal character, rather than political or religious identity.

Star for throwing Astros fans in there...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would say that maybe two out of a hundred Muslims are bad,

Not even close...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
in germany 'mein kampf' is forbidden but everywhere in the world you can buy it and i know there are many people reading it with a smile. why people still celebrating hitler and his gang of psychos? dont know. no education maybe?

Are you unaware of the difference between reading a book for educational purposes, and being a 'follower' of a book that espouses a despicable radical jihadist ideology?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Gothmog

And , by your posting style ,and lack of understanding the term nationalist , I would assume you are not a US citizen ?

What can I say? I lost my papers. I hope ICE doesn't catch me.
Without my papers they won't know where to deport me too.

I can look up nationalism just like any one else.

There are various definitions of a "nation", however, which leads to different strands of nationalism. Ethnic nationalism defines the nation in terms of shared ethnicity, heritage and culture, while civic nationalism defines the nation in terms of shared citizenship, values and institutions, and is linked to constitutional patriotism. The adoption of national identity in terms of historical development has often been a response by influential groups unsatisfied with traditional identities due to mismatch between their defined social order and the experience of that social order by its members, resulting in an anomie that nationalists seek to resolve. This anomie results in a society reinterpreting identity, retaining elements deemed acceptable and removing elements deemed unacceptable, to create a unified community.[10] This development may be the result of internal structural issues or the result of resentment by an existing group or groups towards other communities, especially foreign powers that are (or are deemed to be) controlling them.[10] National symbols and flags, national anthems, national languages, national myths and other symbols of national identity are highly important in nationalism.
en.wikipedia.org...

But seriously, my people have been highly migratory. We used to raid all up and down the European coasts and the British Isles. Then one of my ancestors signed up as a mercenary for this guy named William who defeated Harold. So we settled down in England and got all Anglicized. Then the West called out, so we ended up in North America.

To make matters more confusing, there's this religious text that says "for your citizenship is in heaven." So we dispossessed people to get their land and … Well, I'm just so confused. Are we supposed to like migrants or hate migrants? If we go around hating migrants then they may see themselves as separate from us and then divisions and fighting will never cease.

That was not what I was saying
You seem to be using the European version of the definition of nationalist.
Which , was brought about by prewar Germany
That is all

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join