It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all Muslims are bad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Not all Muslims are bad. They're not all here to plant bombs or attack us in the name of Allah.

However, I'm starting to wonder just how many ARE here with bad intentions when I read a story like this.

From The Daily Mail

A Wisconsin mother-of-seven has agreed to plead guilty to trying to plan ISIS terror attacks.

Waheba Issa Dais, 45, has agreed to plead guilty to one count of providing material to support a terrorist group in exchange for another being dropped.

The Israeli native, who called herself a 'housewife' on her visa application to the US, plotted attacks such as poisoning a reservoir with Ricin.

She was arrested last year after trying to use social media to recruit other terrorists.

She hacked other people's accounts and also operated her own.

Prosecutors say she tried to explain to them how to use explosives and poisons.

Dais was born in Jerusalem but came to the US with her husband in 1992. She settled in Chicago but has since moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

She and her husband divorced in 2003. She stayed in the US and wrote in her application that she was fluent in Arabic...

Great. Just great. Now a "housewife", a mother of seven living just 15min from my home and family was plotting terrorist attacks.

Think about it. She's a mother of seven. She has seven amazing reasons to be a good person, lead a good life, provide for her children and lead by example. And she's a terrorist.

Why aren't there more reports of this from our local news and TV stations? Wait why can't I find ONE?

Am I going crazy, ATS? Now we can't trust Muslim housewives, either?

Things used to be so much better around here.

edit on 23-4-2019 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

Found the local story:
www.tmj4.com...
edit on 23-4-2019 by Tempter because: Adding link

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Not all Muslims are bad.

I don't think people think that Muslims are bad. I think people think Jihadists are bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Not all of any one group is bad, regardless of the group.

Certain ideologies, when carried to extremes, are not good for the human race.

Most of any group are followers, not leaders.
It is when leaders who are extreme have the backing of followers that things get out of control.

Like everything, you need to take things on a person by person basis. Or group by group/ cult by cult. Depending on how pervasive the leading individual is.

edit on 23-4-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: commas make the world go 'round

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
From the article:

"Dais could also face removal from the country as she is a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., but not a citizen."

I'm quite certain "catch and release" is NOT, and never should be, appropriate in cases such as these.

Twenty years hard labor however sends a pretty clear message.

edit on E30America/ChicagoTue, 23 Apr 2019 01:03:39 -05004amTuesdayrd01am by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

She's from Israel. Maybe not all Israelis are bad.

From Dept of Justice:

www.justice.gov...
Dais used hacked Facebook accounts in order to support ISIS. Using these accounts, she pledged her allegiance to ISIS on numerous occasions, communicated with and encouraged other ISIS supporters who described their plans to conduct attacks, disseminated information about explosives and biological weapons, and attempted to recruit new members to ISIS’s cause. For example, Dais posted videos providing step-by-step instructions on how to make an explosive belt and TNT, and she provided a detailed recipe for the poison Ricin. Dais also maintained encrypted social-media channels, where she posted messages encouraging ISIS supporters who could not travel to ISIS-controlled lands to conduct terrorist attacks in their home countries. Through those encrypted channels, she also provided detailed information about explosives, guns, attack planning, and target selection.

So basically she did a bunch of stuff on the internet; disseminated information, recruited, encouraged, suggested.

1st Amendment defense anyone? Pretty scary, 20 years for using the internet a certain way.

I'm glad ATS is moderated. No recruitment allowed. No suggesting making or using banned materials. No suggesting that others use violence.

edit on 23-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

She's from Israel. Maybe not all Israelis are bad.

From Dept of Justice:

www.justice.gov...
Dais used hacked Facebook accounts in order to support ISIS. Using these accounts, she pledged her allegiance to ISIS on numerous occasions, communicated with and encouraged other ISIS supporters who described their plans to conduct attacks, disseminated information about explosives and biological weapons, and attempted to recruit new members to ISIS’s cause. For example, Dais posted videos providing step-by-step instructions on how to make an explosive belt and TNT, and she provided a detailed recipe for the poison Ricin. Dais also maintained encrypted social-media channels, where she posted messages encouraging ISIS supporters who could not travel to ISIS-controlled lands to conduct terrorist attacks in their home countries. Through those encrypted channels, she also provided detailed information about explosives, guns, attack planning, and target selection.

So basically she did a bunch of stuff on the internet; disseminated information, recruited, suggested.

1st Amendment defense anyone? Pretty scary, 20 years for using the internet a certain way.

I'm glad ATS is moderated. No recruitment allowed. No suggesting making or using banned materials. No suggesting that others use violence.

There are laws regulating what and how someone posts.
Illegal sh__ is not protected by any Amendment
Read the Constitution once and you will see.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

"A certain way." ??????

Lol!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Providing material support for terrorism
In United States law, providing material support for terrorism is a crime prohibited by the USA PATRIOT Act and codified in title 18 of the United States Code, sections 2339A and 2339B. It applies primarily to groups designated as terrorists by the State Department. The four types of support described are "training," "expert advice or assistance," "service," and "personnel."

Criticism
The material support provisions have been criticized by rights groups as violating the First Amendment, as they criminalize activities like the distribution of literature, engaging in political advocacy, participating in peace conferences, training in human rights advocacy, and donating money and humanitarian assistance, even when the support is intended only to promote lawful and non-violent activities.[4] The provisions are vague and wide-ranging, and impose guilt by association by punishing people not for their own acts but for the acts of those they have supported

Illegal sh__ is not protected by any Amendment
Read the Constitution once and you will see.

Okay. Congress has the right to pass laws, including USA PATRIOT Act.
So writing stuff on the internet isn't protected by Freedom of Speech, Press, and Association.

I'm not a free speech absolutist. Some right-wingers are though. They hold freedom of speech rallies defending their right to spew hate speech. Where's the balance I wonder?

There was this white nationalist guy in my home town who had this wonderful defense: "So what. Even if I told my guys to kill that guy? Just talk. It's not like I did it. I was just exercising my right to free speech."

He was convicted. Charlie Manson was convicted. This lady will go to prison.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Only the brown ones are bad here in ATS world.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Only true racists look for color when no one else does.

TheRedneck

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Not all nazis were bad
Not all kkk members were/are bad

However, the IDEOLOGIES of all three are disgustingly bad.

I never heard of a nazi stoning his own daughter to death for kissing a Jew. And if it ever did happen I’m sure he wasn’t cheered on by his peers and neighbors.
Normal practice for true hateful ideologies.

I never heard of any kkk member beheading his own mother because she played bingo with black people.

Some hateful, intolerant ideologies are perfectly acceptable it seems.

All muslims are followers of islam. ALL muslims. Islam is one hundred percent a hateful, intolerant ideology.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Not all Muslims are bad.

I don't think people think that Muslims are bad. I think people think Jihadists are bad.

Unfortunately, around here, a lot of people do think Muslims are bad, they're the ones you see quoting that Islam is meant to be the religion of peace as if Christians never carry out atrocities, it's as if the troubles in Ireland never happened now because, as far as they're blinders let them see only Muslims carry out terrorist attacks. Any time something bad happens, they're the first off the blocks questioning if it was carried out by "The Religion of peace"...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

While your opening statement is true it must be scary having this happen on your doorstep. I'm really glad to hear she's been charged with it.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Am I going crazy, ATS? Now we can't trust Muslim housewives, either?

If they can convince children to take lives in the name of their fu(ked up god, why are you having issues realizing the parents are just as prone to Jedi mind tricks as the rest..?

Don’t be so ignorant.

edit on 23-4-2019 by BestinShow because: Change emoji

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I'm not a free speech absolutist. Some right-wingers are though. They hold freedom of speech rallies defending their right to spew hate speech. Where's the balance I wonder? There was this white nationalist guy in my home town who had this wonderful defense: "So what. Even if I told my guys to kill that guy? Just talk. It's not like I did it. I was just exercising my right to free speech."

You speak as only white , right wingers "spew hate speech" and only whites can be nationalists ?
I have a friend friend from Nigeria who just completed his citizenship . And I swear him and his family are more nationalists than even I am

And , by your posting style ,and lack of understanding the term nationalist , I would assume you are not a US citizen ?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

All Muslims in the USA are bad. They vote Democrat if they vote at all. If a man like Baghdadi or Bin Laden became their leader as a persecuted minority, bitter over their treatment as boogeymen and pariahs, they'd turn a blind eye and even help to implement a final solution on everyone who wont convert to Islam.

ISA = Islamic State of America
Isa = Jesus in the Quran

They're fond of Ilhan Omar as a majority and would put more of her in every district if they could. You should dislike them, consider less second class or like a minority that it's socially accepted to be racist toward.

That's hispanic people, specifically the ones that look and talk like they came here in the past few years and isolate themselves socially from everyone else. But, historically it's been blacks. When the immigration "battle" is over (one side agrees to something the slightest bit less than what they want), we're going to need a new type of different to take their place.

Muslims were looking like it ever since ISIS continued global terrorism and shared execution and torture videos, and from 9/11 until the defeat of ISIS in Syria they already were. Religious fanatics that welcome death, fight in the streets, behead as a terror tactic until desensitization caught up, blow themslves up, and gun down entire crowds or offices were a lot scarier than drug smugglers and gang members.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

they'd turn a blind eye and even help to implement a final solution on everyone who wont convert to Islam.

That describes 100% of all muslims, world wide. Nobody can deny that.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I'll leave you with this brilliant answer by Brigitte Gabriel.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Tell ya what bud, you show me where another religion besides the muslims have killed thousands of people in our life times. I'll wait.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me why good people follow the writings of one of the most evil books ever written?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join