It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BARACK OBAMA Admin Spied On Senators-World Leaders-Politicians-Citizens and More...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
April 22, 2019

When Attorney General William Barr recently testified that the Obama Administration spied on the Trump campaign and President-elect Trump, Democrats on the Congressional Committee, and the Liberal News Media, went ballistic!

Apparently, all of them are unable to remember events that occurred prior to 2017, because the Obama Administration SPIED on people here at home and all over the world, as a normal course of business.

Before becoming President, Barack Obama was strongly against Intelligence Agencies spying on American citizens. But just before the November 2008 election that made him U.S. President, Senator Obama abruptly changed his mind, and voted FOR Government spying on U.S. citizens.
Source: www.wired.com...

After Barack Obama becomes President, he does not hesitate to use what he had voted for:

In 2015, the Obama Admin spied on German Media and German Government Officials, including Angela Merkel.
www.cnn.com...

In 2015, the Obama Admin spied on the Israeli Government Officials.
www.investors.com...

In 2013, the Obama Admin directed the NSA to spy on allies all over the world.

"The White House and State Department signed off on surveillance targeting phone conversations of friendly foreign leaders, current and former U.S. intelligence officials said Monday, pushing back against assertions that President Obama and his aides were unaware of the high-level eavesdropping."
Source: www.npr.org...

In 2014, the Obama Admin apologized for spying on United States Senators.
www.theguardian.com...

In 2013, the Obama Admin was caught red-handed, spying on Associated Press journalists.
www.wired.com...

In 2010, the Obama Admin spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen.
www.yahoo.com...

There are more examples, but you get the point.

By the time Obama's Intelligence and Law Enforcement agencies decided to spy on Donald Trump's presidential campaign, they had learned how to easily FAKE the evidence (i.e. the Steele Dossier) necessary for tricking Judges into granting FISA Spy warrants.

Barack Obama and his Administration SPIED, as easily as they LIED to the American public on so many subjects.

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/23/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I thought they got that guy.
Obama is slicker than a Frog's butt,
with ears like a baby elephant.

edit on 22-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

History's most weaponized gov. And we can only stop it by the person we put in power. Maybe...

Hopfully POTUS will put the fear of revalation in them so that it will never be tried again.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

we knew this then. we know it now.

snowden, assange , obscure hacktivist groups, all exposed the obama admin. they spied on everyone.

what did the american people do? yellow vest like marches?
dethroned obama? nope. instead , sent the new Xmen movie series to record domestic box office numbers!

and what did the Republicans, whom at the time the majority and gave obama a hard time literally every other aspect?

you guessed it. naught.

youre a few years too late bringing this up.

edit on 23-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

He should have kicked his spying addiction before choosing to use it against Trump. Obama's last target will be the one who seeks and secures punishment.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He should have kicked his spying addiction before choosing to use it against Trump. Obama's last target will be the one who seeks and secures punishment.

I've been saying that all along. Hillary is not his enemy, maybe the peoples enemy, but not Trumps. I'm sure the O is using all his connections to assist him into "an escape plan".

By the way how did 100000 Somolians get to the USA. I know 100000 Japanese that would love to live in the USA.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
"Well, you know, I don’t know. And I think some people are missing something here. The president has put in place an organization that contains the kind of database that no one has ever seen before in life. That’s going to be very, very powerful. That database will have information about everything on every individual in ways that it’s never been done before."

Maxine Waters discussing president Obama.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

We know why nothing happened.
The left was never going to go against their golden boy and the republicans couldn't wait to use those fancy spy powers to fatten up the MIC some more.
Even now the republicans aren't mad about the spying, just mad it was used against their candidate and President. And most of those wouldn't be mad if it had worked.

Nasty smelly swamp creatures.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

imagine if the Right at that time put a collective interest in "exposing" it consistently instead of attacking his "birth", race, alleged sexual-orientation if his wife was really a man, him being an Islamic communist terrorist, etc

I also find it amusing that Trump is using much of what Obama implemented while pretending he is "undoing everything Obama did"

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

exactly, Trump supporters would welcome Trump spying on anyone because he would be "doing it for good" and taking down the "Deep state" etc

all the same, people love to point the finger and claim the moral high ground...
edit on 23-4-2019 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: watchitburn

exactly, Trump supporters would welcome Trump spying on anyone because he would be "doing it for good" and taking down the "Deep state" etc

all the same, people love to point the finger and claim the moral high ground...

No, that's false.
I support Trump and I'm completely against spying on Americans, whether they're private citizens, journalists or politicians.
Not all Trump supporters are republicans.

But I'm not naive, the spying genie isn't going back in the bottle. So the burden of proof and checks and balances on the FISA process needs to be seriously revamped.

I think spying on Americans is an extremely serious action. I think the only reasonable way would be a unanimous decision in the SCOTUS on a case by case basis.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

In 2001, congress approved warrant-less surveillance, potentially covering the entire US population, and the Republican President, George Bush Jr, signed it into being.

Technology has advanced to the point where all electronic communications are now tapped and examinable.

Part of the issue highlighted by Edward Snowden, was his revelation of the capability and reach of the NSA's surveillance program, and the questions as to what purpose it actually serves (i.e: how is the data used, and who is allowed access to the surveillance data?).

Trump, under unitary executive authority has he power to stop warrant-less surveillance by the NSA. Although these things are veiled in secrecy, I do not believe that Trump has shut it down.

Every President after 2001 is culpable in this breach of the Constitution of the United States. If Trump wanted to "drain the swamp", this would be a good place to start.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

And of course, this spying has ceased since Trump took office.....

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Yea seriously ... what's so shocking here?
Isn't this literally what the US government does on a daily basis, or any government, spy on each other.
edit on 23-4-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It wasn't used specifically against Trump. Yes, Trump was spied on. So were the entire population of the US. If Trump is a citizen of the US, he was spied on. If you are a citizen of the US, you are spied on, automatically and systematically. There are NO private citizens.

If Trump is worried about the spying, perhaps he could use his power to stop it?

I mean, name any mass shooting or similar terrorist action within the US in the last 18 years that this surveillance has stopped? Nada, It doesn't protect the average citizen. It is most likely, therefore, to be used as a tool of the Presidency, to control their populations and as leverage over their political opponents.

edit on 23/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

No. Trump is AMAZEBALLS!

Oh wait, he just increased US intelligence spending by 6 PERCENT

MAGAAAA!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Yea seriously ... what's so shocking here?
Isn't this literally what the US government does on a daily basis, or any government, spy on each other.

Hardly any governments, worldwide and across history, have spied as heavily on its own citizens, as the US now does.

I reckon that it is far more like George Orwell's '1984', than "the land of the free".

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Oh not this again. This happens with every administration (and all major powers do it). So Obama is a bad man for this type of thing happening? Are Bush Junior and Senior also bad men becuase of this? How about Reagan? Or Clinton? It goes on and on and is more tied to the Military-Industrial Complex than to any one particular administration (in any allied nation).

I agree it shouldn't happen but to try to paint one administration as bad for it whilst ignoring all the others is complete folly and totally disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Here’s the issue

If trump arrests Obama, their could be a hot civil war. No matter how guilty the evidence shows. It will be deemed racist to some and they will hit the streets

If trump does nothing and the Dems take over power, some on the right will use their 2nd amendment rights because democracy is almost dead

Either way, trump has to be worried about a shooting war in uS soil

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Oh not this again. This happens with every administration (and all major powers do it). So Obama is a bad man for this type of thing happening? Are Bush Junior and Senior also bad men becuase of this? How about Reagan? Or Clinton? It goes on and on and is more tied to the Military-Industrial Complex than to any one particular administration (in any allied nation).

I agree it shouldn't happen but to try to paint one administration as bad for it whilst ignoring all the others is complete folly and totally disingenuous.

Yes Obummer is a bad man, yes Bush is a bad man, yes Reagn (technically Bush after assassination attempt by there family friend) was a bad man, yes Clinton is a bad man!!! Tell me one good thing anyone of them did for the citizens of this country while in office or out? Just one be warned it will be hard to find and when you think you have found it realize that there was other bs behind it that ended up being terrible for us. So there you have it all the presidents fkd us and did not have the courtesy to give us a reach around.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join