It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zionism Violates the Principles at the Heart of Judaism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I read a very interesting article on Zionism. The way the Zionist treat the Palestinians Israel is the new South Africa of our time. Here's the article:

"As I see it, ethical precepts lie at the heart of Judaism: pursue justice, love the stranger, love your neighbor and repair the world. Obviously, all of these ethical precepts are violated by Zionist policy toward Palestinians. "

To be honest with you I did not even know there was a human rights problem in Israel until I watched this video:

Abby Martin Exposes Zionism & Israel on Joe Rogan Podcast (Strong Language)

So I've always wondered if someone points out the human rights violations against the Palestinians by the Zionists does that automatically make a person anti-Semitic?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I read a very interesting article on Zionism. The way the Zionist treat the Palestinians Israel is the new South Africa of our time. Here's the article:

"As I see it, ethical precepts lie at the heart of Judaism: pursue justice, love the stranger, love your neighbor and repair the world. Obviously, all of these ethical precepts are violated by Zionist policy toward Palestinians. "

To be honest with you I did not even know there was a human rights problem in Israel until I watched this video:

So I've always wondered if someone points out the human rights violations against the Palestinians by the Zionists does that automatically make a person anti-Semitic?

You are right
Youtube videos are always the best way to learn anything

(Goth states with venom dripping sarcasm and a healthy dose of facetiousness)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think anti-Semitic, like many other phrases today, are thrown around so casually as a way to shut down conversation and give a pseodo win.

Abbey Martin has a youtube channel called empire wars. She went to gaza for awhile and put out some interesting videos on what it's like there.

She's a great journalist and joe's podcast is good too.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Check Abbey out... She goes to places and investigates the stories. She's on YouTube.... YouTube doesn't automatically mean something is sketchy.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's hard to be anti-Semitic when both the Israelis and the Palestinians are semetic people. Actually, it can't even be racist, since they share the same root DNA.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It helps if Jews are the ones pointing it out. Instead of being called anti-Semitic, they get branded as "self-loathing Jews".

I like these quotes:

Younger Jews who belong to “If Not Now” have been going on birthright trips and asking tough questions and very much annoying the leaders of the trips. The Israeli authorities, in two cases, actually have thrown them out of Israel, but these kids are incredibly savvy. They use media and they livestream some of the encounters. In those live-streamed videos, you really see the ways in which the Israelis are stonewalling the young Jews’ questions, and are just refusing to allow any real discussion because they are trying to control the narrative at every point.

Younger Jews who belong to Jewish Voice for Peace have started a different campaign called “Return the Birthright.” They say that Jews don’t have a birthright to Israel — that it’s Palestinians who have a birthright to the land because they are its Indigenous people. The “Return the Birthright” campaign calls on young Jews to stop taking free trips to Israel.

The fundamental problem is that Israel has been used to create a sense of Jewish identity and to help retain young Jews within the Jewish fold. The fetishization of Israel has substituted for a revitalization of Judaism. So I think that the questioning of birthright and the questioning of Israel should actually lead to (and this gets back to my book’s title, Reclaiming Judaism) a way of revitalizing Judaism and redefining Jewish identity that does not depend on identifying with a Jewish state, and that does not depend on claiming a right to a land that you were not born in and have no real connection to.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

i don't think they are anti semitic just anti jew

top topics

join