It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pests in the US.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Watching this thing on pests in the US.
Flip a whole summer-camp, and the whole camp got scabies and then bed-bugs.
Just saying Africa ain't so bad, just because we have lions.

Yeah, and you must see:
What this woman had to learn to kill the bed-bugs and save her camp.

Massive pipes stuck in every cabin (all 15) - but short of burning everything down, it's the only way.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So you finally got your own place - you and 80 000 cockroaches.

Funny, here we don't hear that often.

But our houses are built differently.

Americans have "crawl-space" under the house, and their walls are hollow.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I know people who had bed bugs, they are really hard to get rid of, especially when in a big apartment complex. People bring them to motels too, then they hitch a ride to your house. Cock roaches suck, but I could live with them. I am happy we don't stay in motels much anymore, but when we do we check our luggage really well when we take it out.

We got skunks around here, do they have them in South Africa? Skunks can be half way friendly until they turn on you.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Bats - in the US most species are considered endangered, and may not be harmed.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Scabies? Isn't scabies something you get from not enough vitamin C or something?

By the way: have you ever thought of making your threads so that they aren't just a conversation with yourself?

And what does "Flip a whole summer camp" mean??

edit on 22-4-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

Yeah, and you must see:
What this woman had to learn to kill the bed-bugs and save her camp.

Massive pipes stuck in every cabin (all 15) - but short of burning everything down, it's the only way.

Africa ain't so bad lol. I got bit by a black widow (button spider), that wasn't too pleasant. Drove over a cobra by the Indian ocean. Buddy got nailed by a boomslang driving a jeep near Kruger, it killed him. One of our guys wrecked a baki near the nkygomo base, was bleeding out all over, my site manager found him, took him to nelspruit, went back for the baki and there was a pride of lions laying in his blood. It doesn't matter where you go, there's always something that wants to eat or kill you. Wait till we get into space lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The pest control expert said, well leave it for winter.

The little horrors may starve and freeze.

But, no, come summer the dog still smelt them.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The African jungles would be an awesome site seeing trip for thrill seekers with an inclination for suicide.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The real horror of bedbugs is how easy it is to pick them up.

There was a show on about how some EMTs went on a call and picked them up at that call, took them back to the station house, and by the time they realized the station house had been infested, over half the guys had taken them home and to who knows how many of their other calls.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Be aware. in the US.

If garter snakes see your house as home, you can have tens of thousands of garter snakes.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah flip, imagine having a poltergeist, that never happened in America.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Be aware. in the US.

If garter snakes see your house as home, you can have tens of thousands of garter snakes.

Garter snakes eat bugs and small rodents. I have garter snakes in my yard and I know we have King snakes close as well.
I do not fear natural pest control.
Why would you?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Be aware. in the US.

I know we have brown recluse spiders in this house, but for the most part, they keep out of our way.

So long as you know what to look for and what they like to hang out in, they're pretty easy to avoid. They mostly live in the basement.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That's "scurvy." Scabies is a skin condition due to little burrowing mites.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The tough thing about it is that something like bedbugs aren't necessarily a cleanliness issue. Kids who attend summer camps usually have some money. It could just be that one kid was coming in from a home that didn't realize they had them, and that's all it takes.

The big problem in the US is that we stopped using effective means of pest control. The non-chemical alternatives are mostly super-expensive because the only sure way is to turn your house into a giant oven and bake the little buggers to death.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was watching the entire series of Infested on YouTube.

Quite a lot of programs, but, for example:

I'm sure if they showed this at the border on huge screens, half of the migrant caravans will be so put off the US, they will just turn around and slink back to their doo-doo holes.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Oh ... that one ....

That's basically like the nightmare scenario show. How can we scare the bejesus out of anyone who watches this?

Yeah, it's bad all right, but most places never, ever get that bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'll take my chances dodging bedbugs over Ebola 10 times out of 10.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'll take my chances dodging bedbugs over Ebola 10 times out of 10.

I don't know.

Bedbugs make you an itchy, miserable mess over and over and over again forever and ever.

If you catch Ebola, you suffer once and die.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Bugs are everywhere. Best thing you can do is keep your home as clean as possible.

I hate wasps though, especially yellow jackets. I am very allergic to them. One or two stings will usually send me to the ER. I got stung on the head when I was 9 by a hornet or yellow jacket. Within 30 minutes I was barely alive in the ER in anaphylatic shock.

For two years, I had to get weekly venom shots to help build my immunity to wasp and bee stings.

If you ever want to see a grown man turn in to a little b*tch, get a yellow jacket near me. I have PTSD from those little buggers.

top topics

join