It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitchell Hopkins said his group was plotting to assassinate President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Mitchell Hopkins, a militia leader in New Mexico who was arrested by the FBI over the weekend on weapons charges, allegedly said his group was plotting to assassinate President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and other liberal figures.

Documents unsealed in court on Monday show the FBI began looking into Hopkins in 2017 after receiving reports that said his group, known as the United Constitutional Patriots, was "training to assassinate George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama."

Mitchell Hopkins said his group was plotting to assassinate President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and other liberal figures.

i thought there was more to his abrupt arrest and smelled something fishy for the FBI to be requested by the governor to make an arrest.
turns out they were just waiting for his faux pas as they say. theyve been watching him for 2 years.

this polarized political system will be the fall of rome. he wanted to eliminate political figures he viewed as enemies..

im not even going to attempt to connect the dots for such emboldened political stance... this wasn't a single nutter, this was a supposed militia group doing work for the greater good...

edit on 22-4-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well. Isn't that convenient.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Well. Isn't that convenient.

Ohh so very. Plotting to assassinate an ex president with little to no pull and a has been political influencer that has been abandoned by her own party and all her oversees donors.

All the attempt(or allegation of) would do is drum up sympathy for the dead in the water dems grasping at their last straw of relevance.

Yes, so convenient. Maybe CNN should run this "theory" for the next year and nuke the rest of their ratings right into bankruptcy .

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I was going to comment in another thread.

I don't know if the problem is that the MSM used to be better at propaganda or that the average american was more gullible. Maybe a bit of both.

But these days it just seems like the propaganda narratives are so transparent and don't "root" like they used to.

Bottom line, most people don't buy this # anymore.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wait ... since when does the FBI act on actionable threats? Usually those people have to actually do something terrible like shoot up a nightclub or go after a school and massacre kids before anyone is allowed to actually move in on the person in question.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Hahahaha
No seriously...hahaha...
This is just incredibly too...we'll...hahaha...
Just no!

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Didn’t some guy try to assassinate a dozen congressional baseball players a few years ago?
Seem to remember some news about that guy....
He was a Bernie volunteer which has zero to do with his actions...

The fact is, murderous loons exist on both sides of the aisle...

Crazy doesn’t have a preferred political persuasion...with the notable exception of communism’s draw to genocidal maniacs(stalin, mao, pol pot)

Anyhow, crazies are simply that: crazy....

-Chris
edit on 22-4-2019 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

As much as I disliked Obama and despised the Evil Blood Queen Hillary The Bad, plotting to assassinate them was wrong and I hope they all do jail time.

Now if they were just "talking" about it, then they were exercising their freedom of speech and should be defended the same way as those who "hoped" Trump would be assassinated.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Didn’t some guy try to assassinate a dozen congressional baseball players a few years ago?
Seem to remember some news about that guy....

The fact is, murderous loons exist on both sides of the aisle...

Crazy doesn’t have a preferred political persuasion...with the notable exception of communism’s draw to genocidal maniacs(stalin, mao, pol pot)

Anyhow, crazies are simply that: crazy....

-Chris

Well, the difference is that guy went to an actual event, where the people he wanted to kill were and actually shot at them.

Apparently obama and hilary assassins hang out in the southern desert just waiting for them to wonder by.

Seems so very plausible.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So they were planning all this when? Because both Obama and Hillary have pretty much done all the damage they can.

The power they have is falling by the day so at this point what would an assassination even accomplish in the militias eyes?

They just sat there for 8 years while Obama was president? How long does it take to plan an assassination?

Sounds more like a group of crazies sitting in a club house talking big to their buddies. They may have even had a cool poster board with Obama’s picture on it that they included in the role play.

Must have made for an entertaining couple of saturdays but I seriously doubt they were anything to actually worry about.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The article claims he allegedly said they were training to assassinate Obama, Clinton and Soros but then says witnesses reported that to fbi which they used to investigate. So they wrote an article with a sensational headline based on hearsay with nothing to really back it up. I could write an article saying the Australian prime minister is allegedly a CIA plant that does coc aine off dead babies because a "witness" called the police to report it.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Was the guy who sent the fake mail-bombs in October 2018, part of this militia?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1Angrylightbulb
The article claims he allegedly said they were training to assassinate Obama, Clinton and Soros but then says witnesses reported that to fbi which they used to investigate. So they wrote an article with a sensational headline based on hearsay with nothing to really back it up. I could write an article saying the Australian prime minister is allegedly a CIA plant that does coc aine off dead babies because a "witness" called the police to report it.

The old Un-named sources.

Write anything you want, claim it was from an Un-Named source and just expect that # to sprout wings and fly across the land raining down your propaganda on all the fertile minds of the populace.

Not anymore you shill CIA asset reporters.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

nvm.
edit on 22-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So we are supposed to believe this guy volunteered this info because he just couldn't hide "the truth" anymore? Or that the investigators "got it out of him"? Give me a friggin break.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
So we are supposed to believe this guy volunteered this info because he just couldn't hide "the truth" anymore? Or that the investigators "got it out of him"? Give me a friggin break.

"So, we arrested you on felony gun charges.....but what were you really doing there..."

"We are going to kill obama and hilary....."

"We thought so, no if you'll excuse me I'll call the MSM and get this info out."

It's almost comical how we are supposed to gobble up this nonsense.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776
Seems to me like the most empty excuse I have ever heard from the MSM.
Using something as a motivational tool to train, or even as a situation as a basis for training does not mean that that is the specific goal of the training. Most people who have not trained a day in their life for much of anything simply don't understand the basis of training exercises.

I am willing to bet every single dollar I have, the US, China, and Russia all have plans on how to invade every single country in the world. They have trained and war gamed over them countless times as well. Does that mean they are training to actually invade Madagascar?

Now lets take this down to the personal training level. Commanders have to make up situations to make things interesting in training for their soldiers. Sometimes these training exercises are made out to have rather hilarious basis to keep moral high.

So sure they may have "trained to assassinate Obama" but they could have also been training to assassinate a little green man

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Was the guy who sent the fake mail-bombs in October 2018, part of this militia?

Didn't the FBI know about him in advance? If so, he'd be one of those people they knew about but had to wait until he did something awful in order to act.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst Did you notice they put training in quotes then used plotting in the article. So which is it? You can plot how to kill a mouse by just sitting there thinking about it. You would train by actually practicing your shoe throwing aim or testing how far the flame goes when you put the lighter in front of the hairspray can.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Someone sent an online tip to the FBI. It is an allegation based on hearsay. To pretend he actually said that, to believe the mere accusation that he was plotting to assassinate politicians with no other evidence, is to purchase snake oil and start drinking it.
edit on 22-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join