It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If "progressivism" is so good, why are Democrat/Liberal Cities the Worst Places for the Poor?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: strongfp

And NYC is a cesspool. Not to mention the fact that "the demands from the left" about allowing illegal immigrants unabated into the U.S., and the policies democrats/liberals are imposing on the nation are also affecting states like Texas. Crimes continues to increase because of illegal immigration. Even despite the fact that a majority of Mexicans now see themselves as being "less secured" because of the increase in crimes from illegal immigration, the left in the U.S. keeps ignoring it, and claiming "you are racist if you dare be anti-Illegal immigration...

Progressive policies have not helped the people, nor the nation. They are only making things worse for everyone.

Conservatism is the key to solving all those problems right?

Only if you can enjoy your own freedom without being forced to accept someone else's. Conservatives are "You do you and I'll do me" whereas democrats are "Do as I say, not as I do, or else." I'd love to see you attempt to prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Hearing the term "higher education" in today's environment means about as much to me as potato. Education is crap now. A total waste.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Live and let live isnt how a community or society works. Live and let live only applies to personal life choices, even at that your decisions have consequences for other peoples opportunities and freedoms.

Unless we are all living on self sufficient farms, conservatism doesnt work in a city environment especially one as dense like nyc.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

you must never have heard of the country that the USA bombed with a nuclear weapon in WW2? Do you think Japan is Liberal?

Your statement was grossly off.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the ruling elite live in gated communities and similar neighborhoods
they don't have to put up with the crime and blight
many of them, I think, are so sheltered from reality they don't realize there is poverty in their city.

the democrats would be perfectly satisfied with an impoverished ruined USA...as long as they were in charge. don't worry, the Pelosis and Clintons will still have their estates and their Malibu beach houses and their Aspen ski trips.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Agreed. Saw the tent city in LA on the news last night. So sad.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
the ruling elite live in gated communities and similar neighborhoods
they don't have to put up with the crime and blight
many of them, I think, are so sheltered from reality they don't realize there is poverty in their city.

the democrats would be perfectly satisfied with an impoverished ruined USA...as long as they were in charge. don't worry, the Pelosis and Clintons will still have their estates and their Malibu beach houses and their Aspen ski trips.
You’re being too kind. Yes they live in gated community but they still have to get there before and after work, if you can call it that.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Hearing the term "higher education" in today's environment means about as much to me as potato. Education is crap now. A total waste.
Half the time is spent on “group projects” designed to get people to collaborate. In almost every class I took, we had either a group or individual PowerPoint presentation.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

And don't forget the Democrats' "Liar Education" 😎

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
See. You fail to see the plan. If everyone is poor then nobody is. It’s how you defeat poverty.

So, Stalin it is then.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Yes, they want to tear it down, however they are too lazy to rebuild.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The only thing keeping these cities from completely collapsing are the liberal big tech companies.
Amazon, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Netflix, Hollyweird, media,

If there is a glitch in any of their production it will funny to watch.

Learn to swim, learn to swim

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The red states look pretty poor to me too. In fact, the red states take subsidies from the blue states (AKA taxation) for funding. So I'm not sure how that translates into something being fundamentally wrong with liberally progressive states.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Beverly Hills ain't the greatest place to be if you're poor, either.

In fact, every place in the world is great if you're really, really rich.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

What? What does Japan have to do with conservatism in the US?

Also, Japan is very liberal within' their society.
edit on 24-4-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The sheer population density causes dehumanizations of these issues in front of people. In New York, folks spot the tourists by seeing them try and help the hobos.
It's impossible to help them all yourself, so instead you don't try and just scream about how someone else should. It's not a good situation.

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join