It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaving tommorow for the border, will miss you ATS'ers

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Welcome back!

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

things got hairy when armed individuals were spotted on the other side of the border. As always, we immediately notified CBP and were prepared to defend ourselves/our country from them if necessary. Although we would have outnumbered the criminals with weapons by about 5:1, we were thankful it did not come to it and the presence of several dozen armed Americans was enough to deter them from crossing.

If they were on the other side of the border, and never crossed, how can they be "criminals?"

#vigilantejustice

Smh.

At least you made it back safely.

How does that even make sense to you?

1. Armed while on Mexico, where no civilian has a right to own arms, much less open carry
2. Armed and out there, patrolling the border with the US, while not being police or military? Not suspicious at all when there is a lot of human trafficking going on plus drugs and other stuff

So by all definitions, yes, criminals

Or they just woke up one day and said oh well i guess i won't go to work anymore.. Better go buy a few ARs or some AKs and go do rounds at the border instead, just for fun!

Bu oh well

edit on 28-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Welcome back!

Thanks DBCowboy! Great to be back, but we are heading back in a couple of days

Take care old friend

JB

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Malisa it is unfortunate but some folks will twist, contort and distort the facts in any way they need to in order to justify their own world view

Of course it is easy for them to say when someone else has to deal with the fallout of the positions they support/advocate for. It always is easier to hold those kind of views up in an ivory tower. It is incomprehensible that so many would turn a blind eye to the very real plight of human trafficking, sex trafficking and drug smuggling

Anyhow, I sincerely appreciate the support and kind words you and others left here It means a lot

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Don't sweat the weak ass bitches here at ATS this all they got. This is going hard for them lulz infinite.

Their mental gymnastics, rationalizations and blind adherence to party doctrine would be funny if there were not very real lives at stake

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The group I was with is made up of police officers, retired law enforcement, public safety and other hard working Americans

We were not with the group mentioned in that other thread, although I do support and condone their activities generally

We didn't feel the need to take up any sort of name other than "American Citizens"

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite

Great to know you are safe and all has gone well. I enjoyed reading about what is going on from personal expereince. Thank you for sharing. Keep up the GREAT work!

Thanks for the post hiddeninsite

I will make sure to get you links to video and photos taken once we finish up and our attorney gives the thumbs up for release

Really appreciate the support and kind words

Take care buddy
JB

posted on May, 28 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I can see recruiting people with the right skills to help out while under the control of the Border Patrol and acting at all times under the orders of Border Patrol. What I take issue with is vigilantism and groups acting on their own without proper authority or accountability.

Where does the liability fall if something goes wrong or a person that is part of your group screws up in a way that causes harm? Are members of your group adequately vetted and properly trained by qualified people in the Border Patrol? Are you insured? Who assumes liability or is it every person for themselves?

I'm all for better policing at the border and even OK with the "wall". I'm a bit hesitant to condone vigilante groups however for some very good reasons, not the least of which is public safety.

I personally think you could do more good by organizing people to put pressure on our government to fund what's needed at the border. I think what you are doing is very risky for members of your group and the people crossing the border. A single trigger happy person would be one too many. A single bigot that finds their way into your group for nefarious purposes would be one too many.

It is incomprehensible that so many would turn a blind eye to the very real plight of human trafficking, sex trafficking and drug smuggling

That is true, but the real answer lies in the halls of Congress and in the White House. Just because you can legally get away with doing something, does not mean you should do it. If one of you or a group of you go rogue, who has to deal with it?

With groups like yours being there, it adds one more thing the already spread too thin Border Patrol has to keep an eye on. Not everyone involved will be there for the right reasons and I think that's a given. You may think you have the support of the Border Patrol, but I suspect out of earshot that's not the case and certainly not the case with those responsible for overseeing the whole mess. I'm sure that paramount on their minds is what happens if one of you actually squeeze the trigger and something goes horribly wrong.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

How many of the 107 people you “arrested” were armed?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Why does it matter?

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I’m sure it does to the op.

“Turned back” the armed ones, who never actually came across the border and “arrested” the unarmed ones, prolly mostly women and children..

edit on 29/5/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

“Turned back” the armed ones, who never actually came across the border and “arrested” the unarmed ones, prolly mostly women and children..

But were they actually "arrested" or just slowed down while someone came to arrest them for real? I guess we won't know since no one attempted to run away or became violent and got shot in the altercation

Good thing the nasty armed ones ran away like chickens they are, isn't that great? Imagine if the people that got 'arrested' would fall into the hands of the illegally armed ones, child rape and stuff is not uncommon you know?

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Good for you, it is our job, as described by the constitution and other documents to defend our own, and as citizens to take an active effort in protecting our country.

As youve said you are absolutely legally within your rights to do so, especially so if welcomed onto private land that is part of the border

The nay sayers can go to hell and/or start being aware of their rights and obligations as free people.

I figured they would have a central area for communication in and out, and internet would be part of it.

Next time please post pictures!

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

They regularly cross our border illegally and armed, so your statement doesnt make much sense

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I’m paraphrasing the op.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I am back folks, for those who care. Very tired, jet lagged and have all kinds of stuff to unpack and put away. But ATS you are my first stop

Things at the border went about as expected. Although the number of armed criminals/gangs in the area has seemed to go up significantly. At many times, we were close enough to gun fire to see muzzle flashes in the distance. A bit hairy at times, but overall it is what you would expect from the desert.

Looking forward to some rest, spending time the girls and taking the family out tonight

For those who offered words of support, I am grateful. And for those who did not... well, I am happy to see you all again too...

Exhausted, nearly $30k dollars down and spent more time cleaning sand out of my boots than I did catching border crossers. However, CBP did seem to place at least some value on the information/statistics we gave them and took concrete action based on it.

Did we make a dent? Did we solve illegal immigration? Did we even make this country a little safer? I don't know, but what I do know is we, as American Citizens, sent a clear message that we aren't going to tolerate this kind of outright lawlessness. Lawlessness from border crossers who break our laws, OR lawlessness from citizens/government who think our laws may be selectively enforced.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Heya buddy!!! missed you... Can't wait to hear some stories.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I am so glad you are back. So glad you are safe and with your family again. Cherish the night and try to be there for the girls - all they know is Daddy is home (not sure what age they are), but unwinding can be so hard. You have made a difference - in ways that one can't see. You walked the talk - a true inspiration.

Thank you for your hard work, effort and the sacrifices you made.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Despite my skepticism about the whole thing, it's good you made it back OK

30K! I wondered how anyone with a job or family could even do such a thing. I can't help but think that much money could have been used in a more productive way, but to each his own.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Welcome back; glad nothing bad happened.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join