It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Look at the bright side -- We now know how to make them all colorblind again!
I just need to bookmark this thread the next time race, orientation, ethnicity, etc., come up and are pivotal to a thread and argument.

Like any of them would acknowledge that?
PFFFT
This is truly only a one was street for them.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Remember this from 2017?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And Trumps tweet after the event.

Horrible and cowardly terrorist attack on innocent and defenseless worshipers in Egypt. The world cannot tolerate terrorism, we must defeat them militarily and discredit the extremist ideology that forms the basis of their existence!

Why did he call them " Worshippers " Could he not use he word " Muslim "

Game set and match i think.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Remember this from 2017?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Horrible and cowardly terrorist attack on innocent and defenseless worshipers in Egypt. The world cannot tolerate terrorism, we must defeat them militarily and discredit the extremist ideology that forms the basis of their existence!

Odd, I don't see that he referred to them as "Egypt worshippers" do you? That is the point of discussion here is it not? Or are you dismissing other peoples true feelings of being insulted?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You mean Sufi? I mean let's be specific if we're getting upset. ISIL are Muslims and they attacked Muslims here, so really we should say Sufi, shouldn't we?

This would be like saying Christians attacked Christians when referring to the IRA attacking the British.
edit on 22-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Even the most outraged christian in this thread doesn't always capitalize it. Go figure.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And those who dislike christians simply wont use the word.
Even when said christians are slaughered by islamic terrorists.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Remember this from 2017?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Odd, I don't see that he referred to them as "Egypt worshippers" do you? That is the point of discussion here is it not? Or are you dismissing other peoples true feelings of being insulted?

Yep, the phrasing made Christians seem like a group of people worshiping the holiday itself, not out on the holiday worshipping.

The DNC talking points people would have been better served to have simply said worshipers.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You have knowledge that they did not worship defenselessness?
I have no idea what words he could or could not use. Were they not innocent and defenseless?
Were they in fact "Muslim"?
What is the fascination you have with the donald? Were you the one with the baby balloon when he visited?
from your censored link:

The worshippers at the al-Rawdah were mainly Sufis, who adhere to a mystic form of Islam. Isil considers Sufis to be heretics and has threatened them in the past.

were they actually "Muslims"?
It appears they were Sufis, is that the same thing?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Even the most outraged christian in this thread doesn't always capitalize it. Go figure.

But, I am not referring to them, am I ? I am referring to you, and you alone. Nice deflection and whataboutism attempt. Perhaps the word "apology" is not in YOUR vocabulary?

Shame.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Most people on this board don't capitalize and/or punctuate properly. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

A church's website pretty much means that they are.

I wasn't telling anyone what they can find offensive or not. I pointed out that other christians also use the term. Nothing more and nothing less.

link   
a reply to: daskakik

the most outraged christian

oh really
and you know this how?
telepathy?
some kind of online spying link?
or just more out of place assumptions?

priceless

link   

No, it's not. No more than saying Catholics and Baptists are both Christians and the same thing is correct.

ISIL attacked them because Sufis are considered heretics by many other Muslims despite being a sect of Islam themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Remember this from 2017?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Really, no.

There is clear collaboration here to use the same news speak.

I know you will argue your position until you're blue in the face but at the end of the day, the obvious collusion is obvious. 😎

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Remember this from 2017?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Yep, the phrasing made Christians seem like a group of people worshiping the holiday itself, not out on the holiday worshipping.

The DNC talking points people would have been better served to have simply said worshipers.

Personally, I would have used the term "Easter pilgrims", as it is a better more descriptive term that describes the people and action of attending a pilgrimmage on the Easter holiday.

But then, I am not a Christian nor religious person at all. I defer to those that are to determine the proper word (kinda like the new personal pronoun kerfuffles we are derided for misusing).

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

A church's website pretty much means that they are.

I wasn't telling anyone what they can find offensive or not. I pointed out that other christians also use the term. Nothing more and nothing less.

spaghetti has a church these days doncha know

mountain out of a molehill means nothing?
faux outrage means nothing?

lol backpeddle away

all religions deserve equal respect even the pastafarians

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You were also referring to the action.

I was pointing out that you are being hypocritical in calling me out when a christian is doing the same thing in this very thread.

The word apology is in my vocabulary but I will not apologize for sometimes not using caps. You even bringing it up like it is a big deal is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Were they in fact "Muslim"?

No they where in fact Christian. That's why they where in a Mosque.

Next stupid question.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Your posts.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorry, a chistian church's website. Better?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, it's not. No more than saying Catholics and Baptists are both Christians and the same thing is correct.

ISIL attacked them because Sufis are considered heretics by many other Muslims despite being a sect of Islam themselves.

I asked because I honestly did not know. I doubt the poster knew as well.
Funny the publication had about the same info as trumps text.
But no shame attached to the publication.....right.

I just find it disgusting the dnc won't even use the word christian when they are dead.
I think you are spot on with the theory tho. To bad the minority won't make a majority for them when 2020 comes and they have and will chase away many in the majority.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join