It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Tartuffe

It does seem more compassionate to me to put up a personal message one took a moment to type out than to simply call someone in IT and say "We need an apology tweet for Sri Lanka. Handle it!"

Maybe I'm weird.

TheRedneck

Then again, it's Twitter. If virtue signalling isn't followed by an act of compassion, it's just showing off.

Spot on, the Twittersphere begs, literally, for acts of compassion on the back of tragedy.

But those retweets though, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Were they not celebrating Easter?

What christian holiday is more Christian than the celebration of Jesus' resurrection?
I'm pretty sure the whole religion is based off of this single momentous event.

It's not like they were hunting for colored eggs and chocolate rabbits.

Would they say Ramadan worshippers or passover worshippers?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

...what about "Easter Worshiper"?

Google that one and let me know what you find. I already did...and it's an interesting search result.

Let me help...
I will raise you this.

abcnews.go.com...

That took me less than a minute to find.

Hah they all folowed that news story it seems but .. pardon me... I find nowhere in the article about "Easter Worshippers" except in the headline. Seems like the journalist knew something beforehand or was he/she hand in glove with the politicians for coining that term or ... OMG what if the journalist was the Publicity Manager or something for all those politicians..LOL
(No i should not LOL when lives are lost ... my bad.
)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is an example of a church calling the people participating in Easter activities "Easter worshippers".

Shallowford invites friends, family, neighbors and all Easter worshippers to join us for a delectable Easter morning breakfast

All this is much ado about nothing.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: Assassin82

They're trying to end the Christian religion.

All of these attacks religious attacks happening, aligning with what our young and modern Pope is saying, points out to a new religion being formed soon and or/the dissolution of Christianity as we know it.

You can label me as a conspirator all you want, but when it happens, don't forget you heard here first.

Just ''who'' are ''they''. The Muslims? The athiests? Who.

If you ask me ''they'' succeeded in getting the ball rolling when Christmas was turned into a consumer holiday. We could even trace that back to the adoption of Santa Claus as the prime symbol of Christmas rather than Jesus. Face it. CHristmas tress and ornaments all all the rest of the hoopla have noting to do with Jesus but instead are all sparkly things to entice children to want more stuff so that the entire economy can stay afloat by the sales in that one month. Christmas, humbug.

And as far as hearing it here first, well please that mantra of ''they are trying to put an end to Christianity goes way back to the crusades and before that to when it was first dreamed up. You are not the first even in this modern world to cry out that Christianity is under fire. It's old news, not new news.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So you pick a source which is calling for everyone, not Christians, to join in on the fun. Thank you for proving our point of the term intentionally being used to not convey it as being Christian. In America Easter is not a Christian holiday anymore, it's celebrated by everyone, and that is exactly the message Democrats were trying to convey .. these people were not Christians, just people celebrating Easter.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Yeah it seems pretty obvious they do Not want phrases like "Christians Slaughtered" to enter the public's lexicon.

Any perception that Christians, Europeans, Heterosexuals, Conservatives are Ever mistreated by Anyone Ever, CANNOT be allowed.

Our entire life from birth to death is nothing but sunshine and lollipops and somebody really ought to do something about that!

If people think for one moment that isnt true, people might lose that "somebody ought to do something" feeling. They gotta use up this energy for all its worth. They've spent over a decade and a half and untold millions stoking these tensions.

Does anyone even remember the years it took Obama to call out terrorist as terrorist?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thethirdsign

...what about "Easter Worshiper"?

Google that one and let me know what you find. I already did...and it's an interesting search result.

Let me help...
I will raise you this.

abcnews.go.com...

That took me less than a minute to find.

Hah they all folowed that news story it seems but .. pardon me... I find nowhere in the article about "Easter Worshippers" except in the headline. Seems like the journalist knew something beforehand or was he/she hand in glove with the politicians for coining that term or ... OMG what if the journalist was the Publicity Manager or something for all those politicians..LOL
(No i should not LOL when lives are lost ... my bad.
)

This is getting utterly ridiculous now.

Here you go, from The Anglican Church.

Terror bombings kill hundreds of Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka

And here is a quote from the top man in The Anglican Church, The Archbishop Of Canterbury.

Every event, such as the fire at Notre Dame, is used by someone to stir hatred with lies, last week, by certain conspiracy groups, lies against Muslims, who have suffered so much in New Zealand.

He could well be describing posters on ATS.

anglican.ink...

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It doesn't have to be common. It is short for what happened to specific people at a specific day.

So then the people who died at the hotels? Were they Leisure Worshiping?

How dare you? A Muslim is Always honoring Allah and so is in perpetual worship wherever he or she is... (well, the women slip up from time to time as is their nature, but the ever loving Muslim men make up for the women's
occassional recklessness by being extra "protective" of their salvation by applying "checks and balances" where needed...)

So of course anytime Muslims are harmed it must be prominently mentioned in the news.

But Christians? Come on... its not even a real religion. You guys dont even have a country! LoL! You sat by and did nothing while the ten commandments were removed from courthouses, and one by one your legacy was destroyed.

This is a Muslim nation now. Expect more changes such as these to occur until the Christians of all colors unite and the Europeans unite and The Awakened Saxon stands up for himself.

THE WRATH OF THE AWAKENED SAXON
by Rudyard Kipling

It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late,
With long arrears to make good,
When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy -- willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show

It was not preached to the crowd.
It was not taught by the state.
No man spoke it aloud

It was not suddently bred.
It will not swiftly abate.
Through the chilled years ahead,
When Time shall count from the date
That the Saxon began to hate.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I posted an example of a church using the term.

Maybe everyone in the churches bombed were not christian. Either way, the term is not improperly used.

I guess the old timers were right when they said every so often the pendulum swings.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Either way, the term is not improperly used.

Says you
There is no "easter worship" in Christianity
The dems simply have shown their true colors and have no sympathy for Christians slain by Islamic Terrorists on a Holy day.

When they can't even type the word, it is an issue.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I'm surprised the democrats don't have to have meetings on which bathroom they go in, not the brightest bulbs in the bunch to begin with.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Says you

Says the example I posted, and others around the web.

There is no "easter worship" in Christianity

They, because I have also seen Christmas worshipers, are terms used to describe people attending specific events, like Easter and Christmas mass.

(In my best George Carlin voice) You know what is a perfect example of this, "Christmas shoppers". Something happens after Thanksgiving that turns anyone walking into a store into a "Christmas shopper". You see it all over the place. Newspapers, TV and you hear it on the radio, "Christmas shoppers".

Well..sure, recently it has been PCed into "Holiday shoppers" but hey if I run out at 2 in the morning for a pack of smokes and some trojans it because I have something to celebrate but it ain't the holidays, I can assure you of that. It might be at a Holiday Inn, though.

When they can't even type the word, it is an issue.

It is a mountain made out of a molehill.

edit on 22-4-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am glad I am sixty three and won't have to put up with all the stupid things these kind of people are doing to our society for too much longer. I pity the people who have to spend their whole lifetime listening to this increased deception going on in our society. I will not blindly accept what most people tell me, even if they are in charge of our government.

The Muslim Terrorists targeted Christian Churches not Muslim holy places or those of other Eastern faiths.

The Democrats often do the stupidest stuff to cover up their policies they promote.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It is a mountain made out of a molehill.

To a non Christian, sure.
To the Christians that are registered dems?
Probably not so much.

The NZ attack was not described as against "Friday worshipers"?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

When they can't even type the word, it is an issue

Talking of typing, lets take a look at the Trump cock up. According to him, 138 million where killed in Sri Lanka.

He tweeted: "Heartfelt condolences from the people of the United States to the people of Sri Lanka on the horrible terrorist attacks on churches and hotels that have killed at least 138 million people and badly injured 600 more

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk... &ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

Not the sharpest tool in the shed is he ?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

lol
all trumps fault that the dems refuse to use the word christian?
lol
the dems make trumps tweet look genius by comparison

but by all means hate away on an obvious typo while ignoring the fact that the dems pretend christians were not slaughtered by islamic terrorists...

Not the sharpest tool in the shed is he ?

sharp enough to beat back mueller

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Because fridays are not unique events.

Also, saying it was during Easter mass adds to the importance because the churches were fuller than usual. It is supposed to convey to the reader that it was even more despicable act, unless the reader is nitpicking to build up their faux outrage.

edit on 22-4-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Because it is Easter? Are you Christian? Do you celebrate? It's kind of a big thing.

Yes, we're Christians. We celebrate the holiday, but to call us "Easter Worshippers" makes it sound like we're worshipping Easter ... or Eostara. Instead, we're celebrating the Risen Christ - you know Jesus rising from the grave and all that which is the central reason for Christianity the religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Because fridays are not unique events.

You should probably stop passing judgement on others religious ceremonies to only defend stupid tweets
en.wikipedia.org...

It is one of the most exalted Islamic rituals and one of its confirmed obligatory acts.

does "most exalted" mean something different to you?

all because they did not want to type christians

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join