It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Assassin82

Really ? So Christians are Now Justified in Calling All others of Different Faiths Heathens Again ? Oh Boy ! Only FAIR..........)
Why hide the truth. Its best to tell it like it is. Hopefully people will see that Jesus is the only Way. Praise the Lord

How can you call a personal belief, TRUTH?

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Barcs

You can justify it all you like.
Doesn't change the agenda or the coordination.

If they just said "Christians" it would cheapen the impact of it.

no
It would have accurately described the actual target of the attacks by isis.

Sad they couldn't bring themselves to say that muslim extremist terrorists attacked churches full of Christians on their holiest day.

somewhere someone did something

Again, you have no justification or evidence to think there is an agenda. Christians just NEED to be victims in every possible situation, so they always find an excuse. A few people used some terminology that you didn't like. Who cares? Maybe stop worrying about semantics and look at these problems as a whole and how to solve them. Whining like this solves nothing and is the reason why Christians aren't taken seriously anymore. They complain about everything that isn't specifically about favoring them over other beliefs. To them it's persecution to not be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals. They have no credibility at this point.

edit on 4 28 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Really ? So Christians are Now Justified in Calling All others of Different Faiths Heathens Again ? Oh Boy ! Only FAIR..........)
Why hide the truth. Its best to tell it like it is. Hopefully people will see that Jesus is the only Way. Praise the Lord

Since I know that, it is the TRUTH

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How do you know such, when even the world's greatest scientists and brilliant minds have not yet figured that out? What is your methodology?

edit on 4 29 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

If Jesus and Ahalla got in a Fist Fight , my Money is On the True Son Of God from Nazareth ......Odds - Infinity to One . Cha Ching !

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

How do you know such, when even the world's greatest scientists and brilliant minds have not yet figured that out? What is your methodology?
Once you become Born Again, you will know the truth. Praise the Lord

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Once you become Born Again, you will know the truth. Praise the Lord

That's called faith, not truth or fact. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

It expresses that they were just in this moment celebrating easter nothing more.

Exactly,

they were in a place of worship ( a church) during Easter, hence the term Easter worshipers.

Do English speaking people not understand how the English language works?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Chritians celebrate Easter - they don't worship Easter.

the term Easter worshiper in this context does not mean they were worshiping Easter,

They were in a Church, a place if worship during Easter.

Those screaming agenda by democrats or whatever do seem either really ignorant of language and how terms are used to describe something or have their own political agendas that they are pushing to try an discredit a group they are against by misinterpreting purposely what the term Easter worshiper means.

I cant believe some poster that show so much intelligence on ATS are saying what they are in this thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Nah...I'm not taking anything out of context.

actually completely out of context.

Do any of those tweets mention they were in church when attacked?

or do they just use term Easter worshiper which if taken in the correct context as you say you are means they were in a place of worship during Easter?

The context is in the OP: A screenshot of top Democratic party members all using a very uncommon phrase to describe an attack against christianity.

Yes which you have completely missed.

To deny that there isn't some motivation behind it would be an ignorant assessment.

So how ignorant is it that one cannot understand what a place of worship is and what time it was when these Christians and tourists were attacked?

Seriously is this being used just to argue the left vs right nonsense you guys in the states are obsessed about?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Again, you have no justification or evidence to think there is an agenda.

sure
just multiple tweets from dnc leaders .....thats all
using the term easter worshippers in place of christians

Who cares?

appearantly you
when it is pointed out to you, you rant about it and pretend it did not happen

Maybe stop worrying about semantics and look at these problems as a whole and how to solve them.

physician heal thyself

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Sillyolme

So then Christians are not Easter worshippers then are they?

Jaden

NO

the churches they were in is the place of worship

and the time of year being Easter

hence Easter worshipers, its that simple yet its this misinterpreted by so many?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't see how the phrase "Easter worshiper" is somehow preferable to simply "Christian." Maybe you worship Easter; I do not. I worship God, and only God.

and with most Christians denominations what is a church if not a place of worship?

3 pages is enough reading, I cannot believe this is being sooooo misinterpreted without people just wanting to use this to push their own political agendas.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Would they say Ramadan worshippers or passover worshippers?

If Muslims were killed in a mosque during Ramadan then yes,

Same as Jews in synagogue during Passover.

that is what is meant with Easter worshipers,

during Easter killed in a church, a place of worship.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

This is getting utterly ridiculous now.

I know.

But its a perfect situation to push ones own political agenda or express just easily they are manipulated by the left vs right debate.

I am struggling to read any further, the first 3 or 4 pages wreer just pure insanity,

yet ATS members are supposed to think critically or at least have minor ability to do so yet this is get misinterpreted as it has?

Lets say it was a purposeful and carefully organized and chosen use of the term by democrats even though the term used else where as you have shown, then it certainly worked because if it was some sort of agenda by democrats, it was to piss off the opposing the side.

Just look at some posts in this thread, if that was its purpose and not simply just to describe a place of worship being attacked on Easter then it shows how easy posters are manipulated.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It would have been much simpler had their description been accurate.

what do Christians do is a church, a place of worship?

Do they worship their God?

Was the attack during Easter?

What is not accurate?

the insane amount of misinterpretations made in this thread,

I seriously cannot believe so many really miss the meaning of whats said and want to make this a left vs right issue.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

They do not worship easter.
Christians were attacked in their place of worship on their holy day.
Had the coordinated effort just called them what they are, christians, it would be not big deal.
For that many of the dnc leadership to refer to them in that specific manor, it was organized and intended to not identify christians slaughtered in their place of worship on their holy day by muslims.

Why were they afraid to tweet christians were slaughtered while worshiping on their holy day?
Is that not accurate?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Barack Obama ‏ Verified account @BarackObama Follow Follow @BarackObama More Michelle and I send our condolences to the people of New Zealand. We grieve with you and the Muslim community. All of us must stand against hatred in all its forms.

funny they weren't "friday worshippers" that day now were they?
is there something wrong with the christian community?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Tempter

They were worshipping on Easter.

Like "sunday drivers", who actually drove cars, not sundays.

ETA: I also noticed that most also mentioned tourists and travelers to include the hotel bombings.

Now you spewing to much logic.

Just give up, just at the replied you get

some are just too blinded by their hate of democrats which if my wondering mind is right is because a few Muslims are democrats that have said things that's pissed off a few to many and that just makes some Americans sick.

I can't say why they used the phrase but I can tell you how they used it.

Why bother?

It seems that this is a perfect way to show ones hate for whats said by simply misinterpreting words and phrases and how they are used to describe and day and place where an attack happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They do not worship easter.

NO one actually said they do, only you guys misinterpret what was said to mean that Christians do.

read the tweets.

Why were they afraid to tweet christians were slaughtered while worshiping on their holy day? Is that not accurate?

Because Easters worshipers means the same thing just in a shorter term, not they people weer worshiping Easter, seriously you cant be that ignorant that it could mean what a few are trying tell you it does?

It seems you and others just want to make this political to point fingers at the opposing side of your political ideals

If it was some sort of organized thing by democrats then it was to piss you off.

You just show easy it is for the left or right to manipulate you if it was.

Not saying it wasn't, but your reactions if they were some sort of democratic agenda just show easy it is to pull people strings.
edit on 30-4-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join