It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That is because they ARE Easter worshipers! Catholics. The minute you start talking Jesus to these folks, their eyes will glaze over and they will want nothing to do with you! Catholics worship Mother Mary, pagan holidays such as Easter and Christmas. They bow down to statues and engage in idolatry! SO, ONCE AGAIN! THEY ARE EASTER WORSHIPERS WHO WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS CHRIST, THE LORD. Have a nice day.
edit on 24-4-2019 by j0seph7 because: Misspelling

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Assassin82

Because it is Easter? Are you Christian? Do you celebrate? It's kind of a big thing.

I have never once in all my life ever heard of a Christian referred to as an "Easter Observer". I have never heard of a Muslim referred to as a "Ramadan Observer". I have never heard of a Jew referred to as a "Yom Kippur" observer.

Have you? Do you see how it's not a common reference?

It really is a strange phrase. Easter worshiper. What if it's the proper phrase in sir lanka ?
What if that's just what people call each other there?

How about if you reword it?
Worshipers in the church for the Easter celebration.
The faithful gathered to Easter worship at the church.
The church was extra full of Easter day worshipers.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: j0seph7
That is because they ARE Easter worshipers! Catholics. The minute you start talking Jesus to these folks, their eyes will glaze over and they will want nothing to do with you! Catholics worship Mother Mary, pagan holidays such as Easter and Christmas. They bow down to statues and engage in idolatry! SO, ONCE AGAIN! THEY ARE EASTER WORSHIPERS WHO WILL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS CHRIST, THE LORD. Have a nice day.

To be fair, it's not just Catholics, it's all Christians that regard Easter as the most important holiday for their faith and worship Jesus on that day. Baptists / Evangelicals also often ignore the teachings of Jesus when it is convenient for their faith or political ideology.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
They are going out of their way to NOT designate Christians with status as victims.

Also I forgot to mention how ridiculous this statement is because anybody that hears the word Easter will immediately know they are talking about Christians. It's the most important Christian holiday, so to insinuate that they are avoiding the word Christian is flat out stupid, as if Christians need to play the victim anymore than they already have.

It's like if a mosque was attacked during Ramadan and they called them Ramadan worshipers. Nobody is wondering who the victims are except the extremely stupid.

It's just more faux outrage, typical of the religious right. Also it is TRUE that this event does not make ALL Christians victims, just like the mosque shooting didn't make all Muslims victims.

edit on 4 25 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The sheer level of the madness overtaking the people in question was last seen in prewar Nazi Germany. I am not religious, but I oppose this propaganda effort to distort or deny the fact an Islamic terrorist organisation targeted Christians at their place of worship. Nor were these tweets from fringe personalities on MSNBC and CNN. (Former) President Obama and Sec of State Hillary Clinton endorse this madness.

I am not a big fan of Trump. However, I accept the likelihood of Trump's re-election is increasing. Every instance of left wing madness increase Trump's chances of re-election.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
I am not religious, but I oppose this propaganda effort to distort or deny the fact an Islamic terrorist organisation targeted Christians at their place of worship.

Where did that happen?

Like Barcs pointed out, what else could Easter worshipers, in a christian church, be if not christian?

ETA: Sure maybe some non-christian guests but it doesn't change the fact that the terrorists targeted a christian place on an important date for christians.

edit on 26-4-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why avoid using the term Christian? The only reason is deny the persecution of Christians by hostile Islamic regimes or non state actors (Islamic terrorist groups). This denial amounts to inexplicit approval of the persecution and slaughter of Christians in unfriendly parts of the globe. This atheist is horrified by the actions of growing left wing Nazi type political cult. The cult exists to various degrees across the western world.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just like everywhere, probably they are scared of being labelled as islamaphobic.
a reply to: xpert11

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Why avoid using the term Christian?

that has been asked repeatedly
they wont answer
they just pretend it didnt happen the way described

imo it doesnt matter which group was attacked, the tactic of not naming the group is pathetic

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

They didn't avoid it. They used a term that means the same thing specific to the holiday, which happens to be common in some denominations.

Clutching pearls is an over-reaction unless you are a drama queen.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

they just pretend it didnt happen the way described

They didn't avoid it. They used a term that means the same thing specific to the holiday, which happens to be common in some denominations.

told ya

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles
Just like everywhere, probably they are scared of being labelled as islamaphobic.

They accomplished that by not saying it was done by islamic terrorists but nobody has made a peep about that.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That is a straight forward answer and the truth, even if you don't like it.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They "didn't avoid it" but used a term that was not it.
lol
you really cant make this crap up

it is anything but straight forward

lol
can't believe you typed the word straight

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Can't believe you don't believe in synonyms and want to keep playing the victim card.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Why use a synonym if not avoiding the word?

Funny that ALL of them used the same synonym isn't it?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Because it fit the holiday.

Funny a bunch of people took it and reacted the same way, isn't it?

I wonder how many people said, "Our prayers are with the families of the victims". That is just the way life is. We have many stock replies in our languages.

ETA: Also what is all of them? I only see 8 tweets in the OP. You need many more examples to prove a concerted effort.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You can push you anti christian agenda all you like.
Doesn't mean people won't see what you are selling.
If only the dems were as open about it as you.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Oh no, the wiki entry for the bombings says:

The 2019 Sri Lanka Easter bombings was a series of coordinated terrorist attacks that occurred on 21 April 2019, Easter Sunday, when three Christian churches across Sri Lanka and three luxury hotels in the commercial capital Colombo were targeted in a series of suicide bombings.

Our plan has been foiled.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Is this argument still going on?

xpert11 has it right: this is literally cheerleading for Trump's re-election. It does not matter how common or uncommon the phrase used is (although I will repeat, as someone born and raised in the middle of the buckle of the Bible Belt, I have never heard the phrase used and do not appreciate the fact that it sounds like those assembled were worshipping Easter), what matters is that these PC experts, who have proven themselves quite capable of avoiding offending anyone in their history, went out of their way to substitute a synonym hyphenated to sound offensive to believers.

Obama called us "clingers." Hillary called us "deplorable." We told her to take a hike and elected Donald Trump instead. Now Biden calls us "dregs of society" and Obama and Hillary use offensive terms to express their sympathy toward those with a common religion to us. GUESS WHAT WE'RE GONNA DO NOW!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join