It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ummm...
From Mirriam-Webster
www.merriam-webster.com...

throw/hurl/toss a monkey wrench into idiom
Definition of throw/hurl/toss a monkey wrench into
US, informal
: to damage or change (something) in a way that ruins it or prevents it from working properly

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ummm...
From Mirriam-Webster
www.merriam-webster.com...

throw/hurl/toss a monkey wrench into idiom
Definition of throw/hurl/toss a monkey wrench into
US, informal
: to damage or change (something) in a way that ruins it or prevents it from working properly

ummmmmmm

when you search throw a monkey wrench in you get the exact results i posted.

i just did it again

when you search throw/hurl/toss you get yours

dont make it out like im lying

try it if you want

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I never implied you were lying. I'm simply pointing out that it is a MW's dictionary, just not as a "throw" stand alone. Regardless, it's there so... yeah.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I never implied you were lying. I'm simply pointing out that it is a MW's dictionary, just not as a "throw" stand alone. Regardless, it's there so... yeah.

yeah but not really

throw a monkey wrench is the term we were talking about

when you search that it is not there

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Except it is there, it just gives you options of throwing, tossing, or hurling. Regardless, it demonstrates that your attempted point that the term wasn't around before the Florida politician used it and was accused of making up a term to score what, racist points(?) for whatever reason, was an inaccurate point. There is no comparison between the scenario of the OP here and that manufactured outrage nonsense. Holy Hell, google "throw a monkey wrench into" and notice that the entire first page is all links to dictionaries and idiom pages, some going so far as to cite the term being popular in usage since the turn of the century.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You said..

thing is i dont trust any of you

Then said...

i didnt say you all lie

Neck of the woods I grew up in, if you say you dont trust what I am saying, you are calling me a liar.. seems kind of similar to people saying well I heard it used once so it must be common so they dont have to admit multiple members of 1 political party said easter worshipers.

For my bit of anecdotal evidence, my Irish catholic family on my moms side who almost to a person detest the orange man all had the same opinion... what the heck is an easter worshiper.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

You said..

thing is i dont trust any of you

Then said...

i didnt say you all lie

Neck of the woods I grew up in, if you say you dont trust what I am saying, you are calling me a liar.. seems kind of similar to people saying well I heard it used once so it must be common so they dont have to admit multiple members of 1 political party said easter worshipers.

For my bit of anecdotal evidence, my Irish catholic family on my moms side who almost to a person detest the orange man all had the same opinion... what the heck is an easter worshiper.

i did say that

i didnt say everyone on here lies.
i said a great many do

and i suppose i shouldnt have said i dont trust anyone on here.

i trust 1 guy

he knows who he is

my friend of the fox

nobody esle

does not mean the people i do not trust are lying
it means i dont trust them

and i am not from your neck of the woods

where i am from not trusting someone means just that
not trusting.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ilhan Omar said of the 9/11 terror attacks: "Some People Did Something".

It's easy to visualize her saying the same thing about the 300 Christians murdered in SRI Lanka.

Example: twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Because your masters and overlords don't like saying the word g-d or christian

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
catholics are not Christians per se. so whatever bishop diloraj says is not of much consequence, not that I condone any killing in sri lanka or anywhere, and besides english is not his first language

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles
catholics are not Christians per se. so whatever bishop diloraj says is not of much consequence, not that I condone any killing in sri lanka or anywhere, and besides english is not his first language

Catholics are actually the very first Christians, and, technically, the Catholic Church is the only Christian Church as Jesus Himself established It and promised that It would be ONE until the end of the world. People who are outside the visible Church are considered Christian insofar as they are baptized and believe in the Nicene Creed in its traditional interpretation.

The word "Christian" which means "anointed" comes from the sacrament of confirmation when the Christian is anointed with the perfumed oil, the Sacred Chrism, in the East this sacrament is still called Chrismation, in the West it is called Confirmation. It both confirms and strengthens baptismal grace. It is the normal completion of baptism.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
BBC article

More use of the word Worshipper

The article is just reporting on the bombers being educated in the UK, but does not refer to the victims as Christians.
edit on 24/4/2019 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Victim status is an important commodity for democrats.

They are going out of their way to NOT designate Christians with status as victims.

The victimhood is extended only to these Sri Lankan "worshipers" on this one day. They don't share some kind of status with the people that democrats oppose in the US.

Democrats, as good marxists, are materialists, and so they view "God as a hobby." It is something that one is only supposed to pursue at home, with the curtains closed. Not in front of the kids, and not something you talk about in the public square.

So, if you weren't there and murdered on that one day, you don't participate in their victimhood.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

There is nothing wrong with the use of the word "worshippers".

I believe the concern, is the fact that in their endeavor to circumvent the use of the word Christian, they used a term that made it "obvious" they were using a term to circumvent the use of the word Christian.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The word Christian is referred to someone who is filled with the Holy Ghost. Praise the Lord.
Anointing with any kind of oil does not make you a Christian, nor does any kind of confirmation
a reply to: Assassin82

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I still think it's an odd choice of words. I don't get it personally.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Nice try at a "gotcha!" but it doesn't work that way.

While people might think someone like me is defending the people whose tweets used the term, that is not the case. I am criticizing the snowflake reaction by the people who let this get their panties in a bunch.

Now, that might show my callousness towards religious "snowflakes" but it doesn't cut into my “non-partisan-political” position.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Some people just need something to complain about. They were worshiping and it was on Easter. Hence, they are Easter Worshipers.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Who cares? It is Easter and they were worshiping. Conservatives are really on edge these days. They are desperate to nitpick anything they can hold onto these days. They literally play the victim in EVERY situation, you can't just feel bad for the victims and their families, that is not good enough for them, it MUST be a coordinated democrat conspiracy to call people Easter worshipers, as if that can't mean people worshiping on Easter. JESUS CHRIST!!!
edit on 4 24 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen
Victim status is an important commodity for democrats.

They are going out of their way to NOT designate Christians with status as victims.

Complete load of crap.
edit on 4 24 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join