It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
you mean Christians were targeted by Islamic terrorists?
a reply to: Assassin82

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Obama like to play on words big time..its how he gives hints to his own personal agenda.

Remember he refused to call ISIS. isis.

Would only call them ISIL, he sounded retarded saying that.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

No it's not he was showing what he believed to be a coordinated effort which even with the term being used by some people still seems releavant. At the very least one piggybacked off the other because it is not THAT common of a phrase. The word being used 50 times in history doesnt make it common enough that 6 people connected under the same banner all use it on the same day.
edit on 4/23/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You teling others how to think whie being factually incorrect is prceess.
You defending stupid tweets is priceess.
Your discernment of emotion from texts is truly a super power,and you should use it for good.

But you probably tell your mechanic how to turn the wrench?
A very simple but telling mistake by the dnc.
Don't Need Christians.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Because it is Easter? Are you Christian? Do you celebrate? It's kind of a big thing.

Christians don't worship easter, they celebrate it.

They also celebrate Christmas... should we call them Christmas Worshipers too?

It is a subtle attempt to refer to Christians in a derogatory manner.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Christians don't worship easter, they celebrate it.

Really?

Well according to Dhiloraj Ranjit Canagasabey The Bishop Of Colombo they do.

“I am terribly shocked and deeply saddened by the barbarous acts of violence brought on innocent worshippers at Easter Sunday services”, Bishop Dhiloraj said in a statement. “The Church of Ceylon unreservedly condemns these cowardly and cruel acts of terrorism and conveys our deep condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives and have been hurt. We wish all those who have been injured full recovery. We pray for them and their families, that God’s comforting presence will continue to be with them through this tragic experience

www.anglicannews.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Uh oh, this is some great thread.

Seeing the “non-partisan-political” members here trying to defend what is indefensible is something to watch.

Especially when there’s nothing to justify their arguments other than their political bias which becomes pretty evident when one says worship and worshipper are the same words.

But hey, whatever y’all say to make you feel better.

Great thread!

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Anyway taking the day off is pretty much an Easter worshipper or is celebrating it. Especially government officials where they get Friday an Monday off with pay.

Wouldn't that make them infidels on both the Christian and Muslim spectrum for celebrating a pagan holdiay while forgetting what Jesus did.

No body likes Judas.

edit on 23-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Nah, I'm showing others that there are some christians that do use the term "easter worshipers" by posting material that those christians have published on the internet. You know, facts and stuff.

Everyone is free to do with that what they will.

Your discernment of emotion from texts is truly a super power,and you should use

I see that you still haven't noticed the hypocrisy in you going on about that. Oh well.

edit on 23-4-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

The person I was responding to was not the OP and was not going on about MSM 4am talking points.

They specifically replied to my post with an example of the term being used and made no mention of a coordinated effort.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have to agree.

I too was puzzled by the word choice. It took me a few seconds and a couple of readings before I understood what was happening, and of course, because of the unusual choice of words by so many people around the same time, referring to the same event, made its use stand out.

I knew that they would never give credence to the possibility of Islamist extremists being behind the Norte Dame fire, and I agree if their decision was due to an honest attempt to avoid giving them the publicity they may have wanted, or to deter copy cats, but I think they may have made matters worse by trying to keep the Muslim vs Christian possibility out of their conversation.

Sometimes it is better to just be honest with the people and themselves.

By the way, in all my sixty six years, I have never heard the term Easter worshippers. Ran it past my eighty six year old mother and she said she has never heard the term either. Easter observance or Resurrection Day, but never Easter worshippers.

You would think that the person writing their scripts would know better, unless English is not their first language.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i asked a dozen different people today if this term offended them or if they think it would be offensive to others.

everyone said no

people just want to be outraged and this is a great example.

i worship that

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It says something that most of the Christians in this thread are like WTF?!

And most of the non-Christians are bending over backward to justify this.

Isn't the PC line of reasoning that if you aren't a member of a group, then you aren't qualified to judge what should or should not offend or bother people of said group?

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

thing is i dont trust any of you
you saying you are a christian does not make it so

you saying you are offended does not mean you are

so what i am choosing to do is believe all the people i asked today in person.
going with the little discussions i had today. with real people. people i can see. emotions i can judge

not people on here that i know nothing about and quite frankly lie all the time and have an agenda.

go ahead and be offended if you want

hope it works out for you

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
unless you are saying what is said here is the gospel and i should only believe the opinions of people here.

are you saying that?

if not what makes your anonymous opinion more valid that someone who i know?

thanks

maybe it's only christians that are important?

lot of so called christians say all kinds of things about say muslims that are pretty offensive.

thats all good though huh
edit on 23-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Democrats suffer from groupthink. Shocking revelation. Please don't become the right-wing answer to the left's outrage culture. It is utterly unproductive and of no use.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Then why do you bother to post? If all of us lie all the time, then what is the point? No one and nothing is trustworthy, not even you.

Using your own logic, you're full of it. Sure you *say* you talked to a bunch of people and not one was upset over this, but how can I trust you? I have only your word to go on. I also have only your word that you have at least one kid, a daughter, that you are a regular user, etc., all those little details you let out on a regular basis like many of us do.

For all I know, you're a Russian bot here to sow discord.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Democrats suffer from groupthink. Shocking revelation. Please don't become the right-wing answer to the left's outrage culture. It is utterly unproductive and of no use.

apparently it is not just dems

looks like its people....

gasp

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TinySickTears

Then why do you bother to post? If all of us lie all the time, then what is the point? No one and nothing is trustworthy, not even you.

Using your own logic, you're full of it. Sure you *say* you talked to a bunch of people and not one was upset over this, but how can I trust you? I have only your word to go on. I also have only your word that you have at least one kid, a daughter, that you are a regular user, etc., all those little details you let out on a regular basis like many of us do.

For all I know, you're a Russian bot here to sow discord.

it entertains me to post.

i didnt say you all lie

i said a great may of of you do.

i have a pretty good handle on who.

and yeah. you are right.
i could be lying. i could have not talked to anyone.

that could go for any of us on any topic.
none of us really know.
what ever will we do?

you dont have to believe me.
thats cool

i know i satisfied my curiosity today by asking people.
and as i thought you and most in here are just trying to be outraged.

it was my opinion then and it is my opinion now.

you all cry a lot

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

It also says something that the christians that don't make up "most of the christians that are like WTF?" are probably from a denomination/area where it was a commonly used term. I think methodists use it regularly.

That is all there really is to it.

Isn't the Anti-PC line of reasoning that nobody owns words?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join