It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic leaders are referring to Christians attacked in Sri Lanka as "Easter Worshipers"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry to hear that. I much prefer healthy kitty who can joke around and see the triviality of topics like these.

Oh, well.

You have to admit that they could have just said, "victims".

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Sorry to hear that. I much prefer healthy kitty who can joke around and see the triviality of topics like these.

Oh, well.

You have to admit that they could have just said, "victims".

And if they did, we'd be arguing about something else.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I wouldn't.

At least not with you.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This must be like when that politician from Florida was going against the black guy and he said we dont want to 'throw a monkey wrench" in it.

people on the right defended that on these boards in many threads.

we all know the term is throw a wrench in

not throw a monkey wrench in

just saying

maybe its one of those deals

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i read the whole thread and am still confused

why exactly are people offended?
because they were called easter worshipers and not christians?

when you google easter worship songs you get a gang of results

www.google.com...

www.praisecharts.com...

Top 100 Easter Worship Songs

www.countryliving.com...

25 Best Easter Songs for a Holy Day Full of Worship

www.praisecharts.com...

op 40 Easter Worship Songs In 2018

edit on 22-4-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Considering the fact that a worship song is an actual genre of music, you're not as clever as you think.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Considering the fact that a worship song is an actual genre of music, you're not as clever as you think.

i am not trying to be clever

i know zero about this

someone pages back said try to find an example of the term easter worship so i did
didnt know there were other qualifiers to it

my original question stands

what is the actual problem?

is it that christians were called easter worshipers and not christians?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: shooterbrody

No, I can only read text but I'm comparing your posts to the text in other posts. Choice of words also has something to do with it.

Hey, even you can do it because that is what this thread is about. You sly fox, you.

Oh come on just admit it
You were steve martins inspiration in the feature film the jerk.
You loaned him the glasses didnt ya?

So now yu can only "read" text.....
Sure thing pal

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

There is a difference between "Easter worship" and "Easter worshiper." Easter worshiper sounds like the Christians who were worshiping God were actually worshiping Easter. That is a strict taboo in the religion. If any of these politicians knew anything about Christianity, they would know that.

That's the point. They don't know anything about Christianity. All those long years of being told Obama was Christian... nope. He's not and never was. It was a lie. The very first of the Ten Commandments is "Thou shalt have no other god before me." If one worships anything or anyone other than God Himself, one is violating the very heart of Christianity.

We are not even to worship Jesus! We worship His Father, the great Jehovah, and are thankful that Jesus came... but we do not worship Him. We do not worship angels. So to even imply by a slip of the tongue (finger) that we do is blasphemy and about as offensive as one can get... one person typing that might be considered a slip up, no biggie, but so many all using the same offensive phrase? After pretending to be a part of the religion? No!

Now I ask the real question... every day, we have a list of words we cannot use to describe others because they might be offensive. Sometimes we can't even keep up with what word might be on this super-saiyan-secret list of bad words! But when something is offensive to Christians... oh, you say, get a grip. It's just a phrase.

No, it is offensive, hateful, and mean-spirited. I find it amazing that you would defend something that is obviously such.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Oh come on just admit it

was he born a poor black man?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

He invented the opti-grab

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

i defended nothing

i asked what the problem was cause i didnt understand

pages back someone said try to find the term before a couple days ago so i did

then i asked again cause i still didnt understand

you explained it

now i get it but i still dont understand because i just dont understand religion

everything you just said i get.
i get the explanation that someone would feel that way but i personally can't reconcile it because it all sounds very silly to me

We are not even to worship Jesus! We worship His Father, the great Jehovah, and are thankful that Jesus came... but we do not worship Him. We do not worship angels. So to even imply by a slip of the tongue (finger) that we do is blasphemy and about as offensive as one can get.

i just dont understand that stuff cause i dont have it it me

but i did not defend so maybe try to chill with that

No, it is offensive, hateful, and mean-spirited. I find it amazing that you would defend something that is obviously such.

and while i didnt defend i really question who is actually offended

if people are really offended over that then, WOW

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

He invented the opti-grab

yeah he made a mistake with that one

made dudes go cock eye and all

that cost him

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Oh come on just admit it

Nah, I was just a little dufus when that movie came out.

So now yu can only "read" text.....
Sure thing pal

I see it went over your head.

Inferring emotions from text, what I was doing, is the same thing you are doing with the text in those tweets.

Hello pot, I'm kettle.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Fail

throw a monkey wrench into
Sabotage or frustrate a project or plans, as in The boss threw a monkey wrench into our plans when he said we'd have to work Saturday . This transfer of industrial sabotage—that is, throwing a tool inside machinery—to other subjects dates from the early 1900s.

dictionary.com

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Sure you were.....

Now your "inferring"....
Lol
Make up your mind.....carnival barker or no?

Factually christians are not easter worshipers
Not at all the same thing pot

Lol
But yous did too...
Lololol

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

if you say so

i never heard that term till dude said it

apparently this can all be twisted to fit whoever is twisting

"find me an example of easter worship being used before a few days ago"

i find like a million of them but nope.
not good enough

that is a genre of music
dont count

la la la

i just find it hard to believe that anyone is actually offended by this.

like i said man, if so then WOW

why are there loads of websites that list easter worship songs when according to redneck that is like a major no no?

i just dont believe people are actually offended by this

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Fail

throw a monkey wrench into
Sabotage or frustrate a project or plans, as in The boss threw a monkey wrench into our plans when he said we'd have to work Saturday . This transfer of industrial sabotage—that is, throwing a tool inside machinery—to other subjects dates from the early 1900s.

dictionary.com

my turn

throw a wrench
www.merriam-webster.com...

to damage or change (something) in a way that ruins it or prevents it from working properly

throw a monkey wrench

www.merriam-webster.com...

Words fail us.
Sorry, the word you’re looking for can’t be found in the dictionary. There are several possible reasons why the search failed:

i mean it's almost like the internet is not the be all end of of truth

so is your dictionary link more valid than mine?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I do say so.

I've been familiar with the term money wrench since I was a kid and I just turned 50 last month.

Other examples:

From a citation believed to be from 1807 that appears in E.S. Dane’s Peter Stubs & Lancashire Hand Tool Industry:

Fleetwood, Richard...Parr, Rainford. Screw plates, lathes, clock engines...monkey wrenches, taps.

The phrase to throw a monkey wrench into the machinery dates to 1918. From the American Economics Review of that year:

Mr. A. Paladini, one of the larger wholesale dealers...threw a monkey wrench into the machinery of proposed fish distribution.

Although the metaphorical sense of throwing a monkey wrench, meaning an obstacle or hindrance, is a bit older. On 30 July 1907 the Chicago Tribune published the following:

It should look to them as if he were throwing a monkeywrench into the only market by visiting that Cincinnati circus upon the devoted heads of Kentucky’s best customers.

Word Origins

It's not my fault your education is lacking.

I was raised Catholic, but I got over it; I'm far too cynical to believe that any one religion has a monopoly in the one truth relating to the Creator.

I also don't think life or this universe is accidental; there's just too much specific complexity in even the simplest single cell organism for me to believe that some random arrangement of molecules gave rise to what we see on planet earth.

With regards to the phrase in the OP, you're asking me to believe that all of those folks flooded Twitter with a phrase that heretofore had almost zero existence on the web?

Go ahead, pull the other one...
edit on 22-4-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: Minor typos

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

why are there loads of websites that list easter worship songs when according to redneck that is like a major no no?

Don't be putting words in my mouth, please. Thank you.

Look at the letters in the words "worship" and "worshiper." Are they the same? One of them has two extra letters tacked onto the end of it. That means it is not the same word. One implies a worship that happens at Easter (which is quite common), while the other sounds like a person who worships Easter (a major no-no).

Can you really not get your head around that? Really?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join