It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Waynes' War Of The Worlds.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Good call.

I rewatched this recently.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Cheers thanks

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I played "forever Autum" for my Father after my mom's funeral, he has alexa play it for him from time to time now. He's old and blind, but his mind is still sharp.

that and "thunderchild" were my two favs.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shockerking
This back in the day was a real cool double vinyl album. Just wonder how many other ATS folk remember this? It was a cool album back in the day and at the time was kinda heavy stuff.

And there was also a roadshow of sorts that I recently discovered. I would love to see this show live!

So let's discuss, would this not be a cool show?

There was also this video game on the PS one.

ETA: Never realized Phil Lynot appeared on this.

Performers Album Richard Burton – spoken words (The Journalist: the narrator-protagonist) Justin Hayward – vocals (The Sung Thoughts of the Journalist) David Essex – spoken words and vocals (The Artilleryman) Chris Thompson – vocals (The Voice of Humanity) Phil Lynott – spoken words and vocals (Parson Nathaniel) Julie Covington – spoken words and vocals (Beth) Jerry Wayne – spoken words (The Voice of NASA)

My Mum was a music afficianado and she introduced me to this at the age of 12 when I went on a class trip to London by train (from Montrose in Scotland it's a long journey, especially in the late 80's). I listened to it again at home anf School a few times. Used to listen to it with my friend Kev too. Then at the age of 18 I listened to it again on a school trip (in the summer holidays the year I left School) on the bus to Tossa De Mar in the South of Spain (again from Montrose bia Crieff to pick up pupils from there, yeah I don't understand that either). I listened to it when I was 20 when I was ivited to join my lovesick [then] girlfriend on a family holiday to Truro in Cornwall *they were already a week into it so I had to get a bus myself,you guessed it, from Montrose). I listened to it again when i was 23 and on my way to London for the Lost Weekend, on the train (from Glasgow, ha! we'd been to see Coal Chamberthe night before).

I haven't listened to it in too long, thank you for reminding me...

edit on 25/4/19 by djz3ro because: add a ]

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone who replied. Some great replies indeed and learned so much more too.
Thanks!

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shockerking

There seems to be a recurring theme of this album being given, or introduced to us by our Mums ha ha

top topics

<< 1   >>

join