It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Wallace (FoxNews) challenges Adam Schiff on Trump-Russia collusion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Exactly, why mention it unless you are trying to be partisan, which he clearly was. Everything you have posted leads to this being a political witch hunt, but somehow you draw conclusions that make no logical sense. There is zero wrongdoing in the report .. but rather than close the door it was left open, with zero evidence. Mueller knew Democrats don't need evidence though.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: RadioRobert

in my tiny world, sure, it is. I should have left an option for partisan shilling, but I kind of think that falls into the second category.

Lots of fair-minded readers with good reading comprehension could good-naturedly assume that:

Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.

"Really means":

It does not charge him, which is a different matter and fully explicable by the policy where a sitting President cannot be indited

edit on 22-4-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Why not? We already know Trump emails that say to send a low level staffer to REJECT Russian offers was used as evidence Trump was sending staffers to get information from Russians.

Democrats don't think like other people I guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Ive read the report. Your initial posting of that comment without context was intentionally designed to make it seems as if trump was saying he was guilty thus the investigation was the end of him.

he was not guilty, so your attempt to imply that is absurd.

In addition, the comments about sessions recusal do not speak anymore to your implication; again as the full context of his comments show he knew this would be a witch hunt designed to stop his presidency (he was right that was the attempt), and he was upset at sessions for allowing it to happen.

You may not have said everyone connected to trump was a Russian agent, but you bought into the collusion lie, and are still trying to hold out hope it is true.

Thus your last paragraph here.

No one, trump or anyone in his campaign, was found guilty of conspiring with Russians illegally. For you to claim that this is only because trump couldn't be indicted is ridiculous and shows you are totally ignorant of the report or are intentionally spinning it

Two things:

1. Mueller specifically said the report didn't exonerate trump from obstruction, Why only say that on the obstruction part if he met it on the collusion part as well?

2. If no one connected to trump was guilty of conspiring to steal the election with Russians (they are not President so Mueller could have charged them), what is your claim here? That trump himself did illegally conspire with Russia by himeslef, but couldn't be charged because he is President? What a joke.

A few things:

1. The Mueller report did not charge Trump or his associates of conspiracy but said nothing to clear them, either. The whole "Individual 1" bit previously spoken of by Mueller would seem to make Trump culpable but the evidential trail was obviously not strong enough and/or Mueller was not actually targeting the President, compliant with Justice Department policy and did not follow that path. Which brings us to:

2. Trump has suggested it was a "witch hunt" and this has been echoed by many as some sort of excuse. However, the fact that, at the end of the day, there was no attempt by Mueller to go beyond the terms of the initial brief shows that it in fact clearly wasn't a witch hunt. So, Trump lied, or was mistaken, or both. This can be stated categorically because we have the evidence of the content of the report!

3. Mueller spent a good chunk of the report on deliberation about Trump directly attempting to obstruct the course of justice, citing 10 instances that appeared that way. Mueller didn't lay any charges but also wrote up a significant section about why he would not pursue such charges against a sitting President and the constitutional issues that such a charge would cause. Yet, if Trump had potentially tried to obstruct the course of justice, he must have had a motivation to do so. He was (allegedly) trying to obstruct investigation into conspiracy. Therefore it is not a stretch of the imagination that Trump felt guilty of the very thing that he believed was under investigation. So, if there was obstruction, there was also clearly guilt about conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: xuenchen

It's OK, we don't need some pundits to argue the case.

Trump said that the investigation was the end of his presidency and that he was f***ked.

Why might that be?

intellectually and physically dishonest. AKA a LIAR.

Try quoting what you say IN CONTEXT, and see how closely it follows what you imply here.

When you can't make an argument, you lie. That's #ing pathetic. Is that honestly how you want to be known here?

eta:link to the truth.

Ah, I see, you and the article conveniently leave out the bit where he castigated Jeff Sessions for not protecting him, before he qualified his previous remark. I believe that you have to take all of the scenario in to understand the subtext of what was happening.

If you read what was recorded in the Mueller report, in order and without omissions, it looks like he responded to the news in panic and without guarding his words, then tried to lay the blame elsewhere (on Sessions for not protecting him), then tried to justify his outburst, realizing the way the remark must appear to Sessions.

Trump has done all of these things several times in public; The hasty and unconsidered remark, the blaming of others (especially for simply doing their job) and then the retraction or redefinition of their previous remark ("I didn't mean that they were actually going to pay for the wall, I meant that in the long term they will pay for it).

So, i'm clearly not lying and was critically analyzing all the facts.

Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm #ed. Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.

You are clearly lying, or ignorant. You decide, I just report it.

Sorry, I don't accept your excuse.

From Volume 2, Page 78, the actual unedited text reads (with the naughty word censored, of course):

Evidence

1. The Appointment of the Special Counsel and the President’s Reaction

On May 17, 2017, Acting Attorney General Rosenstein appointed Robert S. Mueller, III as Special Counsel and authorized him to conduct the Russia investigation and matters that arose from the investigation. The President learned of the Special Counsel’s appointment from Sessions, who was with the President, Hunt, and McGahn conducting interviews for a new FBI Director. Sessions stepped out of the Oval Office to take a call from Rosenstein, who told him about the Special Counsel appointment, and Sessions then returned to inform the President of the news. According to notes written by Hunt, when Sessions told the President that a Special Counsel had been appointed, the President slumped back in his chair and said, “Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m #ed.” The President became angry and lambasted the Attorney General for his decision to recuse from the investigation, stating, “How could you let this happen, Jeff?” The President said the position of Attorney General was his most important appointment and that Sessions had “let [him) down,” contrasting him to Eric Holder and Robert Kennedy. Sessions recalled that the President said to him, “you were supposed to protect me,” or words to that effect. The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

edit on 23/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Sometimes people just have to look at facts and let them sink in. I have but you still haven't or are not honest about the fact he did not commit a crime no matter how bad you wish it were true.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Sometimes people just have to look at facts and let them sink in. I have but you still haven't or are not honest about the fact he did not commit a crime no matter how bad you wish it were true.

I have no idea if Trump committed a crime or not. I am not privy to evidence that either convicts or exonerates. Neither are you, actually.

But go on, tell me that you know he is innocent and exonerated by Mueller's report.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I have no idea if Trump committed a crime or not. I am not privy to evidence that either convicts or exonerates. Neither are you, actually.

But go on, tell me that you know he is innocent and exonerated by Mueller's report.

Tell me you can make your charges stick. I think that we know it didn't happen and will never stick. I can wait for your proof.

We don't need a PhD in Psychology to see it is hurting you personally, Please, keep it up if you want to help my friends see what the loony left is thinking.

Thank you for the help. I am really getting good returns on sharing the leftist lies. Easy to see I am right and they agree we need to get rid of the D's now and all the RINO"s. My numerous Brown friends and my Middle Eastern friends are tired of the left and RINO's. No one likes thieves and the DNC was caught red handed cheating last election.

People are getting WOKE, thanks again to you, a few others like you and of course Silly!!!!! I would like you guys to type up some more of that please.
edit on 23-4-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Well, we just had a 2 year investigation, with no crimes apparent. So until you can show a crime DID happen and the evidence behind it you should not be talking about possible crimes with possible evidence possibly hidden by someone, somewhere, that may be revealed or may not be revealed.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

I wonder why Trump didn't like it. How prescient he was. Years of a worthless investigation, that began based on lies, and the only thing to come out of it was a smear campaign against him.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
To conviction one of a crime, you need to prove beyond a doubt... no? Really Adam? Have you no shame left? How can anyone support conversation like that?

Anyone who can't see this as a witch hunt swallowed a load of it a long time ago. Wake up lefties.

a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Can you name me one person ever exonerated of any crime that meets your interpretation

I mean I could claim you helped Russians interfere in the election

According to you, it wouldn’t matter if a two year investigation proves there was no proof of that whatsoever

Nope you still would not be exonerated

Meanwhile in reality, not only was there no proof trump illegally conspired with Russians, but no one in his team as well

For you to still hold out hope that trump possibly did conspire with Russians is laughable
edit on 23-4-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Because he was not charged or indicted?
Cause you know that is how things work here.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
this is a fundamental difference between the right and left. to the right the law is binary, yes/no/ 0/1 answer.
the left because of trans gender programming now believe the law is (like how they look at sex) non binary. IE a third option.

It doesn't exist but they are trying hard to make it so. Law is binary, like biology, M/F, yes/no, 0/1, guilty/innocent.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Democrats use "para-transitional law" 😀

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Well, we just had a 2 year investigation, with no crimes apparent. So until you can show a crime DID happen and the evidence behind it you should not be talking about possible crimes with possible evidence possibly hidden by someone, somewhere, that may be revealed or may not be revealed.

Crimes were apparent. There were several indictments and convictions.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Tell me you can make your charges stick. I think that we know it didn't happen and will never stick. I can wait for your proof.

We don't need a PhD in Psychology to see it is hurting you personally, Please, keep it up if you want to help my friends see what the loony left is thinking.

Thank you for the help. I am really getting good returns on sharing the leftist lies. Easy to see I am right and they agree we need to get rid of the D's now and all the RINO"s. My numerous Brown friends and my Middle Eastern friends are tired of the left and RINO's. No one likes thieves and the DNC was caught red handed cheating last election.

People are getting WOKE, thanks again to you, a few others like you and of course Silly!!!!! I would like you guys to type up some more of that please.

I am a capitalist ideologically and in practice.
I favor the monarchy and the Westminster system, which is superior to the almost-democratic almost-republic of the US.
I believe in one person, one vote and flat rate moderate taxation.
I believe that Euthanasia is against the Hippocratic oath and it is unfair on the doctors to force them to comply. It is better to put our resources into better palliative care than assisted suicide.
I prefer adoption be promoted and supported rather than abortion.
I am anti-Communist, just as I am anti-Facist.
I believe that national boundaries are largely arbitrary and we all live on the same planet, which probably makes me a globalist.
I am a born-again Pentecostal Christian.
I believe in the Scientific method as a process to determine the relative truth but that science is unable to make any determinations about absolutes.
I believe in family and that we have a duty of care over them that overrides our duty to others (which we also have). Our duty to teams, and nation, and churches, and social groups is there, but not as important as family.
I guard against bigotry. Just because someone is 'other' does not make then something to be hated or feared.
I believe in the principle of separation of powers and in the rule of law.
I believe that individualism, which has been pushed to us since the 60's, is just another name for selfishness.

So, i'm not leftist, but am firmly in the middle between left and right. I am a representative of the true conservatives and a true moderate which far outnumber the extremists on the left and on the right.

The world opposed the ideologies of the left, but we actually went to war against the right wing ideologies of Nazism and Fascism. Being right wing is not a good thing. It leads towards these evil extremists, ideologically. It is unwise to embrace even the most innocuous facets of the right wing ideology because it comes with horrific baggage. Ditto to the left-wing.

If I appear leftist to you, it is only because of how far to the right, you have become.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The President returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, “Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won’t be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me.”

I wonder why Trump didn't like it. How prescient he was. Years of a worthless investigation, that began based on lies, and the only thing to come out of it was a smear campaign against him.

I think you'll find that Trump invented the idea of a smear campaign against him. He has definitely used smear tactics against all of his opponents (and even some of his allies). Just read his tweets.

As the results of the Mueller report shows, it wasn't a smear campaign against him. Mueller made no attempt to pin any crime on Trump.

Trump clearly has a persecution complex. I suspect it is because he feels guilty.

edit on 23/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Can you name me one person ever exonerated of any crime that meets your interpretation

According to you, it wouldn’t matter if a two year investigation proves there was no proof of that whatsoever

Meanwhile in reality, not only was there no proof trump illegally conspired with Russians, but no one in his team as well

For you to still hold out hope that trump possibly did conspire with Russians is laughable

Mueller didn't prosecute, or even seem to want to prosecute Trump at all. The evidence of the Mueller report is that there was no "witch hunt".

It was Trump's reactions, not just in this instance, but in all his many tweets and speeches, where he repeatedly tried to 'hit back' at his imagined foes, that looks like Trump felt he was being persecuted.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Mueller didn't prosecute, or even seem to want to prosecute Trump at all. The evidence of the Mueller report is that there was no "witch hunt".

It was Trump's reactions, not just in this instance, but in all his many tweets and speeches, where he repeatedly tried to 'hit back' at his imagined foes, that looks like Trump felt he was being persecuted.

So you ignore everything I said about why your claims of not being exonerated about Russian collusion are ridiculous.

This was a witch hunt, as we shall see. We know now that the FBI had no verified evidnce whatsoever to indicate Carter Page was a Russian agent, and yet they spied on him and trumps campaign anyways based on paid oppo research from the dnc.

Trump rightfully was upset at this.

Now the investigations will commence into just how bad this witch hunt was.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join