It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - statue resembling Alien Grey allegedly from Michoacan, Mexico expedition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi All,

I came across this facebook video which allegedly shows a statue unearthed in Michoacán, México, which is Aztec territory.

Link to facebook video

Personally, I am highly sceptical and suspect this being a hoax, as I feel the work could easily be reproduced and we don't have anything to suggest the statue is authentic but thought it was worth a share.

I thought it was worth a share though because, as discussed on many other threads, the Aztec have many other authentic statues/figurines which have been liked to modern technology and our classic depiction of greys. Therefore I am not going to rules the possibility out of this being authentic, even if highly sceptical.

Link to ATS thread which discusses other Alien / Aztec connections
edit on 21-4-2019 by byteshertz because: typos & fixing title.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: byteshertz
Perhaps only the head (or face) is fake, with that carefully placed rope concealing the join.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Could be. For me, I would expect to see more dirt, staining and debris if this was something recently unearthed too. I have been unsuccessful in finding more details so far, which also raises my suspicions.

Also, the black seems too black for me when compared to what we see on authentic statues like this one

edit on 21-4-2019 by byteshertz because: Added more info / fixed link.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree. That thing is VERY clean for something that's been unearthed.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Perhaps only the head (or face) is fake, with that carefully placed rope concealing the join.

I agree, the rope is very suspect. However, when they zoom down there is another smaller skeletal face of a grey below the noose (at :37 in the video).

This is a bizarre one. If real — ohhh wow the ramifications.... My gut tells me a hoax though.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: byteshertz
Hi All,

I came across this facebook video which allegedly shows a statue unearthed in Michoacán, México, which is Aztec territory.

Link to facebook video

Personally, I am highly sceptical and suspect this being a hoax, as I feel the work could easily be reproduced and we don't have anything to suggest the statue is authentic but thought it was worth a share.

I thought it was worth a share though because, as discussed on many other threads, the Aztec have many other authentic statues/figurines which have been liked to modern technology and our classic depiction of greys. Therefore I am not going to rules the possibility out of this being authentic, even if highly sceptical.

Unearthed in perfect condition. Seems legit.
edit on 21-4-2019 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2019 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've searched and searched but can't find anything else about this other than your link so I'm guessing hoax. There are some remarkable genuine finds though from the mayan period depicting what could be interpreted as "aliens" or are certainly rather mysterious
Mexican Artifacts of Aliens

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

There are a couple of aliens carved into it below as you said. One of them has what looks like a knife. If anything someone is pretty artistic and imaginative. Real, I don't think it is.
edit on 21-4-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I agree in thinking it is too clean and a hoax. It has some nice gemstones though. A lot of work went into the piece.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
While certainly bizarre, all of the color seems to be coming from inlaid polished stones which would basically retain their luster and color indefinitely. There is one point early on where he wipes away some haze and the stone comes out looking new. This would still be the case even if it was old.

I guess my point is that it appears to be real object of exceptional craftsmanship or a movie prop made using molds and resin casting. The polished stone inlays and carved lines would take a lot of time and skill. I have worked with a lot of stone, and the inlays look like natural material. It is a very very good effort if hoaxed.

My guess is if it was modern-made, it wasn't made specifically for the hoax, but as some exhibit or someone's personal sculpture collection that was discovered in a shed or warehouse and used for the video. Too much effort for a hoax only.

The real suspicious part (other than the overall context), is the brand-new rope and the way it is wrapped around it as if three or four times around the neck is somehow more functional than once in helping carry it. Anybody trying to move something like this with rope would have done something more like several wraps around the body more like a mummy-ish sling.

Neat artwork though.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

HR Giger would puke.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I found this in looking for Greys..
forgottenorigin.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

My line of thinking to any hoax, be it carved or cgi...motive and gain in relation to time and effort in producing the hoax.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Something from an amusement park??

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
a reply to: Halfswede

My line of thinking to any hoax, be it carved or cgi...motive and gain in relation to time and effort in producing the hoax.

That is why I figure this one was already made for some other purpose. Posting on some random foreign facebook page isn't much of an attempt at fame and gain and it was a lot of effort making the thing whenever it was made.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Hi All,

Link to facebook video

I'm pretty sure that Michoacan used to be part of the Purepecha Empire, not the Aztec Empire, that's a red flag for me. Michoacan had Tarascans living there, not Aztecs..

edit on 21-4-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Looks fake from a distance, but once they get close up looks more realistic. Real or Fake someone put in a lot of time.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Hi All,

Link to facebook video

It looks like a beefy Grey cutting off the Head of a Human....now we know where the Maya went.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

It looks like a beefy Grey cutting off the Head of a Human....now we know where the Maya went.

Or, considering how new it looks, it might just be that -- a new statue made recently and not really an ancient artifact.

edit on 2019/4/22 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yea they even forgot to remove the wood shavings.
Maybe Mel Gibson's Apocalypto the return of the Aztecs?

edit on 0b26America/ChicagoMon, 22 Apr 2019 15:15:26 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 22 Apr 2019 15:15:26 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join