It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man uses AK-47 DEFENSE rifle to protect person and property.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

My coworker's husband is a truck driver. She said he has a lot of stories about his having a gun saved his life. He's had guys go after him with knives and other weapons, and as soon as he shows he's carrying they move along.

We don't need personal stories though, we have statistics, and it's MILLIONS of defensive gun uses every year. In about 10% of those the carrier said they believe someone would have died but for the fact they were carrying.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Not to split hairs.

But whatever he has done with it, an AK-47 is an assault rifle, not DEFENSE all in caps or otherwise.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No it is not it is a fairly cheaply made weapon that is very robust but it does not have tremendous range it basically fires a cut back 308 cartridge so it's range is a few hundred yards at best and the ones I had back in the day you were stuck using iron sights because no one in states sold a scope that would fit them..

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Look dumb crooks make mistakes all the time .a moron came knocking on my door a few years ago wanting to sell me some stolen goods apparently he heard that a guy on my street with a blue car would by stolen stuff unfortunately for him he found me needless to say he left when he realized I answered the door holding a shotgun in my hand. He mistook me for my neighbor who also had a little blue car.

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

hahahah defense rifle

good one !

and the shots that he fired that missed their target where did they end up ?

hopefully not in an innocent bystander !

edit on 23-4-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: JIMC5499

My coworker's husband is a truck driver. She said he has a lot of stories about his having a gun saved his life. He's had guys go after him with knives and other weapons, and as soon as he shows he's carrying they move along.

We don't need personal stories though, we have statistics, and it's MILLIONS of defensive gun uses every year. In about 10% of those the carrier said they believe someone would have died but for the fact they were carrying.

It's the non-statistics that speak highest. Lowest crime rates coincide with neighborhoods that have high legal gun ownership.

Criminals just plain leave those places alone.

It's poor neighborhoods, ghettos, etc that get the crime. Places where the law abiding folk aren't wealthy enough to afford to buy a legal gun. The crime goes there, because it has nowhere else to go.

But if a neighborhood owns enough legal guns, they never have to use them.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

hahahah defense rifle

good one !

and the shots that he fired that missed their target where did they end up ?

hopefully not in an innocent bystander !

I am sure the thugs were worrying about the innocents, aren't you sure too?

/s

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

they are criminals they already don't consider the consequences of their actions , they already don't care if innocents are hurt!

However discharging an assault rifle in defense of your home in a public area , stray bullets happen , not everyone is trained to use rifles or guns , people miss all the time !

Does no one ever consider this when "defending" their home, what if you accidentally shot your neighbour's kid with a stray round , they died and you had to move home because your neighbour resented you for it even if you managed to fight of the criminals.

I get that americans defend their right to bear arms , and I can understand why they kept it because governments are # and always end up committing crimes against the people. 9/11

(Not sure how you all missed that chance to overthrow your tyrannical government , perfect opportunity )

But if you really wanted to overthrow a government do you really think you'd ask for their permission to do so ?
even if guns were illegal in the US , and if the government were tyrannical , you would just get guns illegally and overthrow them !

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

Does no one ever consider this when "defending" their home, what if you accidentally shot your neighbour's kid with a stray round , they died and you had to move home because your neighbour resented you for it even if you managed to fight of the criminals.

That is a whole lot of "if". Life is dangerous, and there is no way around it being at least a bit dangerous.

What if I'm driving in my car and the brakes suddenly give out, and I hit someone and kill them? What if I light up a cigarette, but get surprised by a cockroach nearby and drop it, and the whole city burns down killing thousands?

You can't choose not to live your life on the basis of wildly speculative possibilities.

You shouldn't choose to let invaders kill you just to avoid the one in about 1000 probability you *might* maybe hit someone with a stray bullet.

I get that americans defend their right to bear arms , and I can understand why they kept it because governments are # and always end up committing crimes against the people. 9/11

(Not sure how you all missed that chance to overthrow your tyrannical government , perfect opportunity )

But if you really wanted to overthrow a government do you really think you'd ask for their permission to do so ?
even if guns were illegal in the US , and if the government were tyrannical , you would just get guns illegally and overthrow them !

It's not about "overthrowing" the government. It's about being able to step up and do the police's job if you suddenly find you need to fire the whole police force because they've gotten corrupt.

Police forces around America live in terror of the possibility that citizens will simply elect a new sherrif, and deputize his friends to be the new police force.

They can't go around demanding to be "appreciated more" (or bribed better) toward a citizenry who are all qualified and skilled enough to take up arms and fight for themselves.

Basically, our police hold no power whatsoever. They are merely public servants and they know it. They do what they are told, and try to avoid getting caught by the press doing anything the least bit fishy.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

difference being those are all normal world accidents , discharging a rifle at an enemy in a panic isnt an accident its a error of judgement and could easily result in collateral damage !

I just dont agree with guns , or killing , America , where state sanctioned murder is ok!

call it defence , I call it murder

No one has the right to take anothers life

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I believe this is the answer to the question "why does anyone need a 30 round magazine?"

Because they fired back!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

We know this because in the video it doesn’t state that, so I take it you’re assuming 👍

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

difference being those are all normal world accidents , discharging a rifle at an enemy in a panic isnt an accident its a error of judgement and could easily result in collateral damage !

I just dont agree with guns , or killing , America , where state sanctioned murder is ok!

Not according to the lawful definition. Its not murder. Your op dont matter.

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

you can make any law you like doesnt make it morally ok , just because one society has a law where its ok to kill under specific rules set out by a government , who claim to be civilised and just doesnt make it right !

No one has the right to kill another being !

NO ONE !

we are all tied into this delusion where our laws are right and just

how is it barbaric that in one country they behead criminals etc, yet in another we lock them up
we call them barbaric for doing it , yet we are ok with killing each other with weapons of war just because we cant agree on political ideology!

its egotistical to believe that we are right and they are wrong !

or that we are the arbiters of life , because we have a so called civilisation !

It may well be my opinion , but no one on earth has the right to decide who lives or dies!

So first we started out , it was legal to kill in the name of god and the king, then government
so we are all just playing along with this !

now we are stuck in this delusion , as we all have to pay taxes , which in turn pay for the death of others overseas in far away lands!

we are just allowing the state to carry out sanctioned murder in our names

I am not ok with my taxes making bombs and bullets to kill or maim others overseas ,just because my government doesnt agree with their policies

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

That's a pretty arbitrary definition of "normal".

And who says the shooter necessarily panicks?

The main advantage of legal gun ownership vs. illegal gun ownership is that a legal gun owner has the opportunity to train with their weapon.

Because you don't have to hide the fact you own it, you can take it to a shooting range, even hire an instructor to teach you basic gun etiquette.

A skilled shooter won't be blasting away at full auto. He/she is going to be aiming carefully, making sure to breathe, and firing one shot at each opponent (which will hit its target.)

But that's only possible when guns are legal. Where is an illegal gun owner going to get their training?

Except criminals. They apparently have the right.

In a world run by people like you, they are the only ones who can wield that power. Just like how "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king", so also in the land of people who cannot take a life (no matter what!!!!), the one guy who can take a life rules supreme over everyone else.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join