It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man uses AK-47 DEFENSE rifle to protect person and property.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
5 shot and 3 killed after homeowner opens fire on suspects in east Houston.

Following the shooting, the suspects fled from the scene.

Yah, thats usually how it works.

Authorities say that out of five people shot, three of them died.

Essentially, it was a gang or small mob.

Thankfully he had a Defense rifle with a magazine capable of holding 30+ rounds.

At some point, officers with guns drawn were seen searching a port-a-potty.

And there you have it.

Whats the saying? When seconds count, the police are just minutes away, assuming they show up at all ie the New Zealand massacre.

Yet another person was able to use a Defense rifle to protect himself and his property, in this case, an AK-47.

But dont feel too bad for the would be criminals, they returned fire as they fled.

Also keep in mind that the homeowner was only 20 years old. Trump wants to change this.

Trump still considering raising age to buy guns.

edit on 21-4-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Good

Home invading and/or violent criminals deserve nothing more

I'm just glad no good/real people got hurt here

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

It's cool it was an AK-47 no biggie. Not like those deadly AR-15's...

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with this, he protected himself, it was 5 against one. When I was buying a sailboat to sail from Durban to Perth to Sydney to Fiji to Los Angeles my CO offered me shoulder fired laser guided multicell rocket launchers :-) There's always a right tool for the job lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Feel good story of the day... Probably illegals too..!!! Double victory, charge the 2 surviving thugs with capital murder...!!!

Bet those thug family relatives were not crying when their loved ones did the robbing and probably murdering... Nope, no complains there!!! Bwahahahahaha!!! Pwned!!!
edit on 21-4-2019 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2019 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A courageous move on the homeowners part. He could have been killed before he got the first shot off, but the element of surprise seems to have paid off in this instance.

It's an old saying but true..."If a person is old enough to serve their country, they're old enough to own a gun". If the law was already 21 to own a firearm, this man would be dead instead of the perpetrators.

ETA: We would do well to remember, there are those in this country who don't want us to be able to defend ourselves, and are more concerned with the perpetrators rights than ours.

edit on 4/21/2019 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Laws and restrictions create criminals.

Think the invaders returned fire with legally obtained firearms?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I believe this is the answer to the question "why does anyone need a 30 round magazine?"

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Trump's suggestion that we raise the age of gun ownership to 21 is just as onerous as any regulation imagined by Democrats. The constitutionalist judges he just appointed to the SCOTUS and 9th Circuit will ensure his view never sees the light of day.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The homeowner was a drug dealer.

You don’t need four or five guys to steal a little pocket change and some jewelry .

The perps just bit off a little more than they could chew.

It’s nice to reaffirm that home defense works. But this is going to come back to bite the homeowner in his ass .

In most ( all as far as I can remember ) states self-defense isn’t a legal protection if you’re committing a crime .

Instances like this are what pro second amendment people need. But the circumstances surrounding this particular event will give the left more ammunition. ( pardon the pun )

edit on 21-4-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Thankfully he had a Defense rifle with a magazine capable of holding 30+ rounds.

Yet another person was able to use a Defense rifle to protect himself and his property, in this case, an AK-47.

But dont feel too bad for the would be criminals, they returned fire as they fled.

Also keep in mind that the homeowner was only 20 years old. Trump wants to change this.

Where can I get one of these new Defense rifles? They changed something on it so it isn't a weapon of mass destruction?

To hit 5 people and kill 3 at 20yrs of age in a tactical encounter sounds odd. The kid was at home on leave after finishing sniper school in the army.

Furthermore, what were these guys doing, armed and trespassing? 5 armed guys, probably illegal immigrants. Were they drug smugglers or illegal immigrant guides that got lost or something? It doesn't add up.

The 20yr old "homeowner" really owned the property all by himself, didn't live with parents? Was this an apartment or something, I'm picturing a big house with a big yard, not something a 20yr old typically could possess.

The criminals decided he was an easy mark in a big house with lots of expensive stuff? This is starting to sound drug related. Why would 5 armed guys just decide that they were going to hit a house with a 20yr old owner? He had something of great value in there and they knew it. How did they know? Hmm.. the world may never know. We don't get to hear about that side of the story.

Still, if I had a $300k house at the fresh age of 20, don't ask me how I did it. Family was rich and I'm terribly spoiled, I'm in the drug business, who knows but I'm in a small mansion that I own with a Defense rifle. Five guys came armed to my property, it was a random hit by illegal immigrants.

edit: Saw the neighborhood, nevermind, this was inner city. If the homeowner were black, would you still parade this article. Nah, then it'd be obvious that he was a drug dealer or drug smuggler.
edit on 4/21/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Trump's suggestion that we raise the age of gun ownership to 21 is just as onerous as any regulation imagined by Democrats. The constitutionalist judges he just appointed to the SCOTUS and 9th Circuit will ensure his view never sees the light of day.

Definitely, I agree. I want to see infighting, arguing amongst the right on this. That'd be the day, to see Trumps base split by Trump over a silly 3yr difference on 30+ round Defense rifle ownership.

Young people that don't know # from # and often haven't had enough life experience to exert the utmost self control and responsibility. I know those, friends from my old neighborhood, high school. Guns were so cool, I mean the coolest, most bad ass thing you could show off and get clout from your peers with.

They weren't very into politics until they were 18 and could buy guns to compare and geek over. Naturally all felt oppressed, persecuted because the President was trying to take their guns. They'd hangout to play video games but there'd always be a handgun or two sitting on the table. Such badasses, anyone could roll up any minute for a gunfight.
edit on 4/21/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Instances like this are what pro second amendment people need. But the circumstances surrounding this particular event will give the left more ammunition. ( pardon the pun )

Unfortunately for the second amendment people, these instances are extremely rare.

Why? Because, five armed guys don't typically try to burglarize a home while the owner is home with an AK-47 in an inner city neighborhood.

Inner city? It says Texas man, he was probably white and minding his own business. One of several patriots down there exercising his right because of illegal immigrants.

It's not about the left. I'm not "the left" I'm just a free thinker, free speaker, not tied to agendas, party lines, all of the huff and puff whiney tit for tat nonsense. "They're doing this!", "They're trying to do this to us!". Yes, it's all very personal. They know you're harmless, they just want your guns because you're a Republican.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

One of the things I disagree with Trump on.

Good on this guy for defending himself.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I have no idea what his race was, nor do I care. Why do you?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Except you are wrong, there are MILLIONS of defensive gun uses every year.

Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.

In 1996, 1997, and 1998, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) conducted large-scale surveys asking about defensive gun use (DGU) in four to six states. Analysis of the raw data allows the estimation of the prevalence of DGU for those areas. Estimates based on CDC’s surveys confirm estimates for the same sets of states based on data from the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (Kleck and Gertz 1995). Extrapolated to the U.S. as a whole CDC’s survey data imply that defensive uses of guns by crime victims are far more common than offensive uses by criminals. CDC has never reported these results.

www.forbes.com...
edit on 21-4-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Unfortunately for the second amendment people, these instances are extremely rare.

Why? Because, five armed guys don't typically try to burglarize a home while the owner is home with an AK-47 in an inner city neighborhood.

Inner city? It says Texas man, he was probably white and minding his own business. One of several patriots down there exercising his right because of illegal immigrants.

It's not about the left. I'm not "the left" I'm just a free thinker, free speaker, not tied to agendas, party lines, all of the huff and puff whiney tit for tat nonsense. "They're doing this!", "They're trying to do this to us!". Yes, it's all very personal. They know you're harmless, they just want your guns because you're a Republican.

I can agree with what you say in essence. But if my assessment is true. We can’t hold this example up as to why we need the Second Amendment.

I mean what are we going to say ?

“ heroin dealer kills stick up boys after his stash. More proof we need home defense weapons “ ( loosely worded )

The gun grabbers responses would be along this line.

Trying to chip away from our rights little by little again .

“ how did a criminal get a gun we need tighter regulations”

“ he must’ve been under police investigation. We should prohibit anyone suspected of a crime from purchasing firearms “

If it ends up he was slinging drugs .

It’s best to let sleeping dogs lie .

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well the video says the investigation is ongoing and I suspect this home owner may be in trouble. 20 years old, in the ghetto, jewelry and money and an ak.. He was a drug dealer, I bet. Not knocking the AK or it's defensive use, but I see many cheering this guy on as if he were some good ole boy patriot.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

What does any of that have to do with the use of the gun for self defense? Are you saying liberals are going to argue drug dealers should be killed?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

And he should pay for any illegal crimes he committed. The fact that hood rats do this, and will target anyone with money not just other criminals is all that is important.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join