It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The passage of migrant caravans through southern Mexico causes a strong sense of insecurity.

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I am using google translate to make it easier for myself, so I don't have to type it all with one hand.

A national survey of urban public security reveals that the vast majority in Tapachula considers the city where they live to be dangerous. The report on perception of insecurity was made in 67 cities of the 32 states. Tapachula, Chiapas, tops the list in danger because 96% of adults say they feel insecure. They are followed by Villahermosa, Tabasco, with 95%; and Cancún, Quintana Roo, and Reynosa, Tamaulipas, with 93%.

Link

Univision Link in Spanish

I just watched this in Univision. Although they don't state in the article exactly what was said on tv, what the reporter of Univision said is that a majority of people in Mexico doesn't feel safe anymore because the caravans of illegal immigrants are bringing a lot of crime to these cities throughout Mexico.

The survey shows that from 92%-96% of people throughout Mexico don't feel safe anymore because of the increase in crime from illegal immigration. It was even stated that drug cartels are using the caravans to bring more drugs into the U.S. Imagine that coming from the same country that has a major problem with crime because of the Mexican drug cartels.

They even presented the view of some Mexicans who state that crime has increased even more because of the caravans of illegal immigrants.

It has become so bad that some states in Mexico like Chiapas have prohibited the entrance of illegal immigrants.

I wonder what the left will claim now... Even the people of Mexico are realizing the truth about "illegal immigration..."

(I keep adding as I listen to the video)

The number of assaults in shops and to passers-by, and robbery has increased because of the caravans, and even the murder rate with firearms has increased from 34% to 45% because of the criminals in the caravans.

BTW, although the title states "in southern Mexico" the questions were made to Mexican citizens in all 31 states and the Federal District.

edit on 21-4-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
But the leftists tell us they are all good "family" people who are just seeking a better life, out from under the terroristic governments and gangs in their home countries. I think the terrorists and gangs are in the caravans and that is why we are seeing the crimes rate skyrocket.

I think shutting down the border (ports) would be a good place to start and this 1 year "grace period" is absolutely ridiculous/ If the dem's won't approve spending on the wall, a national emergency should be declared (again) and permanently place national guard at the border at full strength until the wall is completed. At least the NG troops would be getting paid.

There should also be some kind of remuneration imposed on Mexico for every illegal that comes across the border and it needs to be an exhorbinate amount of money b/c the only thing Mexico is going to understand is getting hit in the wallet. I guess the method of payment would be the most difficult to impose there have been many options discussed previously and I'm sure there are some that haven't been explored.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Unless Maddow says it then it can't be true.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yea this is all too funny. It's hard to defend the illegal immigration stance now without lies, well without solely less at this point.

This is not partisan if people actually see it full force, peoplewill change their minds.

But orange man bad

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Hopefully we will see the same impact in the Sanctuary Cities in the US.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Impact sure, but not any media coverage. It will continue to be covered up/not reported.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's bad enough here (Tx), I can't imagine what it's like for them. Check out some of this article below that came out yesterday for my area about numbers, criminality not mentioned. ( I didn't want to directly link because their join ad pops up and I couldn't get rid of it, but the link is below. They went out of their way to not say "Illegal" and Mexico/Southern countries, so obvious it's painful -lol]

Feeling crowded yet? Dallas-Fort Worth gained 1 million people in less than a decade

Dallas-Fort Worth has gained more new residents than any metropolitan area in the country, adding more than 1 million people in an eight-year period.

The region's population now tops 7.5 million, solidifying North Texas' ranking as the nation's fourth-largest metro area. It trails only New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, all of which are losing residents.

As for the state, new data from the U.S. Census Bureau shows Texas gained more than 3.5 million people from April 2010 through July 2018. That's the equivalent of 1,000 new residents a day — with a third of those settling down in D-FW.

....., the Houston region also added 1 million new residents from 2010 to 2018. Austin's metro area grew by just under 400,000 people, and San Antonio-New Braunfels gained 375,000.

The factors that make the metro area an attractive place to live could be jeopardized if local infrastructure can't keep up.

The booming burbs
Suburban counties in D-FW grew at nearly twice the rate of Dallas County.

With a 29.7 percent increase in residents from 2010 to 2018, Denton County was the 19th-fastest-growing county in the nation, followed by Rockwall County at 20th and Collin County at 21st.

The most immediate effects of D-FW's suburban boom can be felt on drives to and from work.

"It's going to get more crowded, your commute's going to get longer, and it's going to get more expensive to live here," said Dean Barber of Barber Business Advisors, a Dallas-based economic development consulting firm.

In the long term, cities will need more roads and more schools, and high demand could drive up housing prices.

Immigration
Without out-of-country migrants, Texas would have grown by 800,000 fewer residents. Only Florida and California had more international migration. (This is the number they know about!!)

Dallas News

I guess this goes back to Mexico controlling its own borders for theor own safety and peace of mind. I hope they get this under control, I know we are drowning here and they must be completely submerged

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

We are well past due for having a multi-million strong deportation force. The census and other documents can be used to target illegals and return them home, as well as severe criminal penalties for any person who aids, abets, employs or provides welfare benefits to an illegal alien

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

We are well past due for having a multi-million strong deportation force. The census and other documents can be used to target illegals and return them home, as well as severe criminal penalties for any person who aids, abets, employs or provides welfare benefits to an illegal alien

Much of our immigration and citizenship laws are antiquated. The whole born here and you are an automatic citizen comes from slavery when some states would not recognize free slaves as citizens and so we went federal. Today it is all moot and only used as a legal tool for illegals.

Mexico will fill the pains too, the interesting thing is I do not think they have posse comitatus so they can use the full force of their military when they want to.

edit on 21-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Of course it will; we all know that.

But still and all, it would be great to see carnage in the Sanctuary Cities. I am thinking that if it gets bad enough, it won't be able to be kept secret.
edit on 21-4-2019 by TonyS because: ETA

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Yea this is all too funny. It's hard to defend the illegal immigration stance now without lies, well without solely less at this point.

This is not partisan if people actually see it full force, peoplewill change their minds.

But orange man bad

This literally is NOT partisan, at least not the way the loonies (left and right) make it out to be. In the real world, its probably something like 99.5% of Dems and 99.9% of Reps who don't want to allow in any illegal immigrants.

We need to start learning to either ignore vocal minorities, or telling them to shut the (gosh golly) up. Very few in the US want illegal immigrants. Aside from a few politicians, the families of and illegals themselves, and big agri-businesses, etc. who benefit from illegal immigrant labor, Americans of all political leanings want to do end illegal immigration.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed how the usual suspects, those who have claimed "there is no emergency at the border" and "the POTUS made up this emergency" always disappear when evidence like this is presented?

edit on 21-4-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is why I stopped taking ANYTHING the left has to say even remotely serious. I don't even care if their right anymore, just STFU already. So sick and tired of these morally and ethically bankrupt leftist idiots that couldn't think their way out of a cardboard box if their life depended on it, telling me how I should think, act and live my life and if I don't accept their BS ideology I'm a immoral evil nazi from the depths of hell. F Off left. You've been proven wrong over and over and over and...............you still don't f'n get it.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You can see the change of attitude from Mexico, no more free food, no more buses to Tijuana, looks like Soros didn't pay up!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There has been a massive influx of MS13 to Mexico, promoted by the Zetas and honestly, recruited from old members that were deported from the US.

It's not hard to work out what is going on here.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Apparently Mexico has had enough of it and started doing something about it. They're detaining and starting the deportation process.

PIJIJIAPAN, Mexico – Mexican police and immigration agents detained hundreds of Central American migrants Monday in the largest single raid on a migrant caravan since the groups started moving through the country last year.

Police targeted isolated groups at the tail end of a caravan of about 3,000 migrants who were making their way through the southern state of Chiapas with hopes of reaching the U.S. border.

www.foxnews.com... of-central-american-migrants

Does any know where to find stats for asylum seekers that have finished the process and are either getting deported or have received asylum? I was thinking it may still be to early for a decision on any of them, but wasn't 100% sure.

new topics

top topics

join