It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if aliens aren't as technologically advanced as we think?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But you are using current science to explain something that wouldn't use our science.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

It's easy to believe they could be just as, not as, or far more advanced than we are. We have to take into account the resources they have access to that we don't.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Octopus

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks
I tend to agree with you. I am becoming more and more accepting of a parallel world in the same space as us. everything seems to point to it. UFOs need not come from outer space, they need not travel at light speed because they are already here.
Other pointers, cattle mutilations. Cattle taken somewhere else to be worked on.
David Pailides missing s actually spells it out for you.
The Skinwalker ranch happenings. They ALL shout out another dimension.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dave649
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

I have a strong feeling time dilation is bogus

If you are ever aboard a Neutral Dimension craft you will experience time dilation all right...and it will be permanent.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous>>>> I have to think that MAYBE they aren't as pathetic as we are, but if they had a hand in our advancement, they probably are. Maybe even worse. if they are in contact with us, they are negotiating with the very worst we have to offer as a species.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

No I'm not, I explained what the OP is suggesting.

There are no aliens visiting us. Anyone who doesn't understand the technological gap required to get here just doesn't understand the subject.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I've little doubt there is plenty of life out there in this vast universe.

What is that life? Beats me. Could be some of it is way more advanced than us. Could be elephants but the size of mice is advanced as any other life has gotten.

I think we've reached a point where approaching alien ships would be detected long before they arrived here. And maybe they are being detected. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Odd to consider that supposed alien technology, would use recognizable, (by us), microprocessors and transistors, no?

So here lies the problem. There isn't much alien in all of this from the start. When you look at about 100 years ago when humans really started to get the idea of aliens it is hard to answer whether they are really here or all of this is just a evolving social phenomenon we humans are very good are creating and feeding.

I have my doubts they are real as you suggest there is just too much human in all of it and not enough real alien. Even looking at their ships they have evolved from simple crafts to advance constructs and that just screams human imagination playing a big roll in it all. In our imagination infancy they were just crude fly saucers with humanoids, but today our imagination has evolved to extremely complicated ships with dozens of aliens including non-humanoid.

So all this begs to answer whether we just created it all and have since fueled it to higher and higher levels of complicated scenarios, ships, aliens, Government cover ups etc, or are there really aliens there?

It is either that or aliens have greatly evolved in all direction in less than 100 years...lol

Personally, I feel if some are real ships then they would most likely be self replicating machines that are on a never ending exploratory mission for a race that may have vanished long time ago. This would explain how we could have both real ships and a human social phenomenon all at the same time.

edit on 22-4-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Scientist frequently over think concepts. Many make it so convoluted it appears near impossible.

Much like the posters on ATS. Everyone makes the whole alien thing a lot more convoluted than it needs to be.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Yeah I always find that odd....

In terms of what defence contractors in the US are aiming for, we will be "growing" aircraft for specific missions rather than building them. Think of it as a biological / material based 3d printer

As for NASIC and the foreign technology division, I believe it's all based on human tech and there's nothing "alien" about it. It's the perfect cover...

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We know for a fact one solar system has a water world and that world has life on it. That could be the norm, as water planets could be found in the majority of solar systems.

Our oldest written records show that the beings our ancestors called gods came to Earth from the stars to collect gold. The Sumerians called them the Annunaki. And when they left they had taken most of the gold with them. So they probably knew that water planets had gold and that is why they came here.

Want gold? Detect the water planets in the galaxy and go to them.
Want to investigate life? Detect the water planets in the galaxy and go to them.

We know that ancient astronauts visited Earth so you can bet that our current visiting ET knows that too.

There are at least two ways of looking at that:

1. ET showed up here knowing no history of Earth at all, like Columbus discovering the new world.

2. ET showed up here knowing what they would find, like Columbus sailing to India.

It could be that the history of Earth is well known in spacefaring circles. The planets history could have been left by the Annunaki in a galactic encyclopedia. These same Annunaki could have visited ET’s home world in the past too, just like they visited Earth. Earth could be a well known travel destination just like India was in the middle ages.

Our culture comes from the Annunaki progenitors, who may not be directly related to the modern visitors at all. The Annunaki could be long gone. Most likely these modern visitors are mostly of two types; scientist and traders. Maybe they trade in humans or other Earth life forms and do not respect our culture. Maybe the scientist respect the culture but must take it apart in their labs to see how it works. ET could have learned everything from the Annunaki. Or they could have advanced all on their own.

So our current ET visitors came here ~ not for gold- which was all gone ~ but to study life.

They constantly capture and released these life forms; bees, butterflys, bigfoot, cows and humans ~ to name a few.

They do shipboard study or take them back to there bases and perform the studies there. These bases could be the mother ships themselves. These are parked underwater, in orbit, on the Moon and on Mars.

Our OP who started this thread was talking about how advanced the current crop of ET’s are. The Mother Ship idea alone has to be more advanced than 50 years ahead of current human technology. Even if you think we have a secret space force today, 50 years removed from the 1969 moon landing, the interstellar mother ship is far in advance of that. Even if that is only 100 years.

According to our ancestors ~ that’s your great, great great grandfather times a zillion ~ the Annunaki created us ~ the human sapiens sapiens species ~ by scientifically mutating their own eggs with the eggs of primitive homo. So the Annunaki may have been MUCH farther ahead way back then than we and ET are now.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There's always the chance that the aliens' machines took over the technological development a long time ago, and if there are any actual physical aliens running around, they might not be any more able to describe how their ships work than the average person can describe what's going on in their phone. Advanced... but ignorant. Like us 500 years from now.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

You should have stopped at the only planet in the Universe we know of that has life is Earth. Your post went into fantasy land after that. You read too much Sitchin.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What about alien ships that have crashed are just old satellites regaining entry.

A time when humans sent satellites into space but then were 90% wiped out.

They are trying to recover our old tech, which was once very advanced

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Cute story, but it's pretty ridiculous to think advanced tech is up there and we are letting it crash into Earth. Then there is the fact the idea an advanced civilization used to exist and 100% of it's technology was lost ... makes a good book though since people tend to not really think about plots.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Bloodworth

Cute story, but it's pretty ridiculous to think advanced tech is up there and we are letting it crash into Earth. Then there is the fact the idea an advanced civilization used to exist and 100% of it's technology was lost ... makes a good book though since people tend to not really think about plots.

They are not letting it, they have no choice

Just like satellites today re enter and their projected paths are planned, cant capture

All off the tech from old advanced civilizations are gone except what was sent into space.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

We know for a fact one solar system has a water world and that world has life on it. That could be the norm, as water planets could be found in the majority of solar systems.

I think we can all agree that life happens anytime conditions are right, but that doesn't mean that intelligent space faring life also is common. Looking at earth which has been extremely good life bearing place it took 4.5 billion years to get one species to the moon...not good odds.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When there are near infinite possible civilizations you get near infinite possibilities. For example, the "not as advanced" could be a reality, if a species almost died out, and then their survivors hundreds or even thousands of years later dig up the old tech and get it working, but they are not nearly as advanced as those who designed it. So.. who knows! Anything is possible.

Which is why I think people greatly underestimate the # of possibilities when it comes to alien visitors. Alien + billions of possibilities = stuff we are not even thinking of.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My take on this is that our technology advancement is too rapid and we will not recognize E.T. even they litterally banging at our front door.

Most of our technology doesn't go back more than 300 years. Space technology as we know it today is about 70 years old. Meaningful computer evolution in AI only dates back 10 years.

We have changed our technology stacks so many times in such a small time frame that we have lost serious knowledge in a timescale of decades... knowledge used to be prevail over 1000s of years - today we create the same amount of information in a matter of hours.

Our first "signal" that was strong enough to propagate throughout space is barely a 100 years old and relatively has only covered about 200 light years at this point. Well the milky way alone is 100k+ light years wide.

Now Kepler-186f - the first exo-planet to believe to have life - is over 510 light years away. Any radio signal will take another 200-300 years to "just" reach that system.

We need to assume that if there is any chance of contact - that those on the other side have the technology to actual:

1) discover the signal

2) decode the signal and understand it

3) to have the technology to return a message which will take another 500-600 years.

So we talking almost a 1000 years before we would get a response. Even more if the "other" side is still in their technological infancy.

At our rate of technology advancement - "basic" radio technology will be forgotten at that point or we could not distinct between the incoming message or the polluted RF spectrum at that point. We already having issues today and have to limit broadcast powers, etc due to the increasing uses in the different frequency bands.

Then again, we might already left this planet or destroyed ourselves - our transformed our conciseness into electronic form and only "live" as 0's and 1's.

That's why I am doubtful that even we make contact and signal arrives here in Earth - we might the one not understanding even it's our technology.

edit on 22-4-2019 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join