It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if aliens aren't as technologically advanced as we think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Dang it you beat me to it

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why would we consider that when we know they were working on the transistor for 10 years. It did not happen fast.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: coldkidc

Maybe: the first transistors were invented, and/or presented in 1947, and the Roswell supposed alien incident was in:... 1947!

Roswell: June 14, 1947

Transistor: Dec. 16, 1947

And the theory behind transistors is from 1936. They were actually based on radio technology from the early 1900s. So is this a time traveling alien transistor?

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

What if the technology needed for interstellar travel is not that much more advanced than we are currently?

I agree.
Actually , the two Voyagers are doing just that.
Going to take a long , long time though
But , one could say the mission has already been launched
One more thing
They could , theoretically , go on to be Intergalactic
Wow

edit on 4/21/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Back (way back in the 90's) when I was a Field Investigator for MUFON, I had this assumption that these Aliens that visited Earth had better tech then us but not more advanced tech. My reasoning for this came from some very basic ideas:

*The operators of the UAP (Unexplained Aerial Phenomenon) were using cigar shapes and saucer shaped crafts while we were using delta wing and variable vectoring winged aircraft

*Reports from abductees talked about invasive surgical operations, while we were using CAT and MRI technologies.

*Even as far back as the Hill incident, the "Greys" seemed baffled by the differences in skin color, and by Barney's watch.

Ever see the movie "Morons from Outer Space"? It always seemed like that. One of the point people would bring up is how they (the aliens) were worried about our grasp of atomic energy and weaponization of it. Really? From the reports the aliens seem scared of it, and even confused by the few reports of them at testing sites. Now why would a space faring species freak out about that? Could it be that they have no idea how to do basic science?

Another possibility is that these space faring races might be like the Zentradi for the Robotech/Macross stories. They were engineered for one specific task and are either unable or incapable of working outside of that task. So a warrior class of people wouldn't understand how their own technology works and can neither fix it or explain it. Either way their level of technology would be dependent of what other societies do with their tech and not what they could do.

Innovation might be the only thing that humans are good at, and maybe that's why aliens are afraid but interested in us.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well, we might have smaller things than them, but how about reliability. I would bet a smart race of beings that could travel light years from their home world would not have technology that goes poof in five years or so. Technology that static electricity will short out is not good for a spaceship traveling at super fast speeds.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: coldkidc

Maybe: the first transistors were invented, and/or presented in 1947, and the Roswell supposed alien incident was in:... 1947!

Roswell: June 14, 1947

Transistor: Dec. 16, 1947

And the theory behind transistors is from 1936. They were actually based on radio technology from the early 1900s. So is this a time traveling alien transistor?

Westinghouse built solid state rectifiers for Tesla's AC power system, in the 1880's - essentially a solid state diode.

Diode and Triode valves existed and were used for amplification well before the transistor. The first diode valve was invented in 1904. The first triode type valve was invented in 1906.

Functionally, the transistor and the triode are equivalents. The transistor being, essentially two diodes back to back.

So, solid state diodes existed before valves (but weren't called that back then). Then the diode was implemented in valve form. The triode (essentially two diodes back to back) were used to amplify. Then the Transistor (essentially two diodes back to back, in solid state form) was invented.

The whole invention process, end to end, and unbroken in sequence, had been going on for 60 years before the transistor. In no way was the transistor something that came out of the blue and/or reverse engineered from alien tech.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Roswell crash 1947
Integrated circuit 1952-57?

Inventing a transistor took 60 years. Miniaturizing them onto silicon ICs seemed to happen rapidly.

I can’t explain to you how a lightbulb works, much less complex circuitry. Just seems mid 50’s things started developing (and continues) so fast.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
Roswell crash 1947
Integrated circuit 1952-57?

Inventing a transistor took 60 years. Miniaturizing them onto silicon ICs seemed to happen rapidly.

I can’t explain to you how a lightbulb works, much less complex circuitry. Just seems mid 50’s things started developing (and continues) so fast.

Base semiconductors are different types based upon 'dopants' which are chemicals which change the attributes of the base.

In the way that you could print some photo-resist on a circuit board and then etch away the unexposed copper layer to form tracks, a single sliver of silicon could be doped to make a component in almost a single step. Then you can also chain numbers of these components together on a single substrate with exactly the same process. You could print integrated components.

Integrated circuits were inevitable. The processes were already existent and in use in manufacturing and printing well before they were applied to producing IC's.

edit on 21/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Some of the "Alien" technology is loosely based upon www.youtube.com...
ALL of the different "Alien" technologies are based upon Universal or Planetary constants....ALL emulate Nature.
Some of us learn at a frightening pace and volume....Humans have Superstars on a Universal level we are absolutely clueless about.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

The crash is likely a wee deliberate evolutionary nudge for us, not too much just enough to bump us up a couple of levels, it's more likely though that the futuristic advancements came from channeled us from the future. I think.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

The crash is likely a wee deliberate evolutionary nudge for us, not too much just enough to bump us up a couple of levels, it's more likely though that the futuristic advancements came from channeled us from the future. I think.

Google the Busegi Mountains underground complex found.....Roswell was a minor happening simply one they didnt suppress soon enough.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

It makes sense if they are so terrified of atomic energy it's because we are damaging their world with it which is our world too only in a different layer, everything about aliens point to them being elementals as they can make humans see whatever they like and come in countless shapes and sizes.
They have been spoke about way before the aliens turned up, and explain everything, but people don't even entertain the idea, that's a head scratcher.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
They have interstellar capability and can wipe our memories.

We don't have flying submarines yet.

They outfly our most advanced aircraft.

Sounds advanced to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Or the conflict is due to the fact that there are no aliens visiting Earth.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I have a strong feeling time dilation is bogus

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dave649

It's able to be tested and proven. It has been. It's verifiably real.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Suppose they travel at a speed slower than light, but only slightly slower. A thousand years could pass on Earth, and it would be like a single day for them, because of time dilation.

But surely that would still be a long ride for them..?

The closest star to earth is what, 4.3 light years? Let's say they were just under LS.. That's still well over 4.3 years of travel for them.

I'd still argue if they can travel distances of that or more in a reasonable time (days/months, not years) then they are well advanced compared to us

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

If they come every 20,000 years they are traveling worlds up to 20,000 light years away. Only 200 years would have passed for them.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I know that has been tested, but I'm unconvinced. I might sound pig-headed, but it simply doesn't add up to me. Everything happens concurrently in this physical universe, the notion that someone could be travelling at such a rate, experiences time at a different rate, to me is bogus. The only way anyone is going to be younger is if they were "removed" from the universe, even momentarily.

Could it not be that the clocks used in the experiments are being affected? That impacts upon their consistency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join