It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if aliens aren't as technologically advanced as we think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It is theoretically possible that we have been visited by ETs which we could consider being less technologically advanced. Their method of interstellar travel could be either some fluke discovery, like many of ours have been, or it could be something relatively simple which we just haven't happened to discover yet. Another possibility is that they could exist on some higher dimensional level and have the natural ability to travel outside of time and space, but yet possess less advanced physical technology.
Think about us humans for a second... We have the technological ability to create unfathomably powerful supercomputers. Does everyone have one? No. Do many people have one? No. Despite having the technological ability to create such, there are only a handful of them in the entire world, while the rest of the world still uses computer technology that could be considered primitive in comparison. The same concept applies to other areas of technology as well - antigravity is possible, but none of us have flying cars. It could be that the world these craft came from is largely technologically inferior, with only rare cases of technological superiority, such as a super-advanced futuristic craft being sent to check out some other planet. That craft could have been the absolute height of their technological knowledge, taking the equivalent of hundreds of trillions of dollars to create.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
What if interstellar travel is much simpler to accomplish than it is conceived to be. Scientist frequently over think concepts. Many make it so convoluted it appears near impossible.
edit on 21-4-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

The US military intelligence invented aliens as a cover for their top secret technology which was first developed by the nazis.

Just look at photos/footage of early disc ufos from the 50’s and early 60’s that look very much like the nazi bell reconnaissance craft dubbed foo fighters. To the large black triangles observed in the 80’s and 90’s that’s evidence of the tech progressing.

I believe they now have full cloaking ability. I’m not saying I don’t believe alien life to be out there in the universe, I think there is life, but not as we know it Jim.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, our percieved visual frames of reference are all human based and rightfully so, that's all we've ever known.

How would we know "Advanced" when we see one? Perhaps they are bioloically advanced, making some systems useless for interstellar or dimensional travel?

If "advancement" means better, than by all accounts we have a lot of catching up to do with our own inhabitants of our world, much less technological one that parallels natural development of a species anyways.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
What if interstellar travel is much simpler to accomplish than it is conceived to be. Scientist frequently over think concepts. Many make it so convoluted it appears near impossible.

Facing facts.

First hurdle is, are they real. Easy for me, because I have seen their "craft" multiple times out west and in the east.

Reading ancient history it is revealed that we would not be allowed to know the "Secrets Of Heaven and Earth". To me that translates to the real mechanics of the solar system, and the most fundamental physics.

While reading it was referenced that their craft use a type of crystalline propulsion. "Fire Up The Crystals". And, what we might not realize is the amount and types of crystals that are contained within planets.

Crystals seem to be underestimated in their abilities and power. I'm not saying Crystal power is advanced technology, I'm suggesting, it is ancient. Think "Geode"...

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I think it's more likely that the "aliens" who are putting out this technology to be "discovered" by us at super-secret UFO "crashes" are humans who have a reason to want to make the public think that aliens are crashing the ships into our planet.

And how many books and authors have come out telling us it was their job to take ET tech to our corporations to get them "reverse engineered?"

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

But the difference in the rate of passage of time would mean their technology isn't advancing, wouldn't it?

Interesting thought - and yes it would.

However, they might out-advance us by hundreds of millennia by the time they set out. We know that at the very least they out-advance us by enough to be capable of interstellar travel.

What if the technology needed for interstellar travel is not that much more advanced than we are currently? It may seem like it would need to be a millennial away for us now; but I'm guessing that's what "putting a man on the moon" looked like to people a hundred years ago.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I think you just offered proof that aliens are actually us, pretending to be aliens.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

We aren't even close to the technology needed to travel to alien planets. So this seems to suggest it's all made up, as any race able to get here would be far more advanced than us.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Because it's not just travel. They would also have had to find us, which is a near impossibility without technology so much more advanced than ours that our most brilliant minds can't even dream it up let alone produce it. Then they travel here ... and are where? They have motherships that are invisible just chilling somewhere.

It's a good story, but it's impossible to be true.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Hey we have advanced alien tech, let's give it to companies to make public so our enemies like China and Russia can have it too! Makes so much sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

It's also theoretically possible for me to roll a 6 sided die from now until the day I die and get a 6 every time. It's actually more likely than what you suggested too.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sorry, but... I honestly think there's something absolutely naive and/or corrupt in the logic you're trying to portray in your argument here.

"ALIENS"?? as in ONE sleddin specific race separate than we humans??

As opposed to the potential INFINITE amount of intelligent species out there in the infinite multiverse?

Sounds like you're talking as if you're a member of an ancient prehistoric tribe that's just discovered three might be another tribe living on that island on the horizon... Ignorant of the vast plethora of other islands and tribes on the planet.

"ALIENS... Are they less technologically advanced than we think they are"...

Sorry but this just embarrasses me. Rediculous.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
In fact, all signs point to advanced civilizations dont explore. Otherwise, where are they? One could say only primitive intelligent life wants to explore, like we do and romanticize the idea only because we haven't evolved completely and our intuition tells us to 'explore'.

I see this argument from time to time. "If they're out there, where are they?", and I think of it this way: Let's say a billion light years away, 360 ships set out in all directions on a plane, each separated by one degree.

IF we were on the plane of their "flight path", which would be a long shot (maybe its a 1:180 chance? Idk, my geometry isn't that great), what would be the spacing between ships by the time they got to us? It has to be enormous.

Now, that's just one sample, but still, I would posit that if there's billions of alien civilizations who each sent hundreds of ships out in different directions, it would still be extremely long odds that one would come across us.

And we don't know yet, but it could be that they would have to pass up billions of life-sustaining planets before getting to Earth.

Perhaps they don't aimlessly explore, but instead target specific destinations. Maybe they require large amounts of Osmium and know there's hardly any here.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

If it's so simple, where are all the aliens who would have stumbled upon this simple process?

Having said that, I think a more likely explanation to "where are they" (i.e., The Fermi Paradox) is that technological civilizations are a rarity, and there may be only a few existing in our galaxy at this time.

That's not to say life is rare, but maybe just technological civilizations are rare. And that's also not saying that there haven't been dozens -- or even hundreds, or thousands -- of technological civilizations in our galaxy during, say, the past 5 Billion years (about the age of our sun), but maybe only a few exist right now at the same time as us. I think it's likely they only last a couple million years at best...

...which lessens the odds that any one of them might be interstellar travelers capable of easily coming here to visit us.

edit on 4/21/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

I was reading this book by William J. Birnes that I got on Amazon kindle. "The Day After Roswell". Not a very original name for a book about aliens, right?

He was describing his career in the Pentagon's "Foreign Technology" desk. Supposedly his job involved taking artifacts recovered from the Roswell crash, and bringing them to American corporations to be reverse engineered. He would tell them they were from other countries, as a cover story.

I have a hard time believing you read the book. I'm guessing you read the dust jacket only. This is not a story about "William J. Birnes." The story is about Colonel Phillip Corso. If you do a search here there are any number of threads on his story. Corso basically told his story to Birnes and Birnes wrote it down. Birnes was once the publisher of UFO Magazine. He also was on a number of History Channel UFO programs such as UFO Hunters. His claims are often outlandish. For example, he says the Apollo 13 near-disaster was a result of an alien attack trying to scare us off landing on the Moon.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

So I'm wondering, is it possible the aliens are only slightly more advanced than we are?

Perhaps they are coming here, stealing our technology...

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Are you just on here for the lulz or S & F?

You started another thread on the same day with the same content.

Suppose they travel at a speed slower than light, but only slightly slower. A thousand years could pass on Earth, and it would be like a single day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From our perspective they stop by about every 21,000 years. From their perspective it's more like 20 years (because they are traveling near the speed of light most of the time.)

I want to go into detail about this, but I'm worried about making the OP too long. Lets just see where (if anywhere) this discussion goes, first.

Yeah lets Just........................

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Theres an interesting article about stolen UFO tech you might like to consider

www.phils.com.au...

REVERSE ENGINEERING - ROSWELL UFO TECHNOLOGY HOW COULD AT&T HAVE CREATED THE TRANSISTOR SO QUICKLY IN 1947 WITHOUT THE INPUT OF ALIEN TECHNOLOGY?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join