It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. William Barr is Too Honest For Democrats and Liberal Media.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
April 21, 2019

Ever since William Barr's confirmation hearing to be U.S. Attorney General, Democrats and Liberal Media have been attacking the man. It doesn't make sense. This author/article sums it up nicely..

The current progressive effort to demonize attorney general William Barr is creepy.

He came into the office with singular experience and an excellent reputation from past service.

As attorney general, Barr has followed the law to the letter in handling the release, redactions, and dissemination of the Mueller report.

His summaries of the report proved factual. They were not contested by Robert Mueller or his team.

His decision not to pursue “obstruction” was not just his own, but logically followed from the Mueller report that did not find enough evidence to make such a positive recommendation.

Attorney General Barr's congressional testimony that there was “spying” on the Trump campaign during the 2016 election cycle is, of course, factually undeniable. And Barr added the qualifier of being interested in finding whether such surveillance was warranted or not.

As for the charge that Barr, a former Bush appointee, is Trump’s “hand-picked” choice, –how odd, given that all attorney generals are always presidents’ hand-picked selections. How could they not be?

It is not as if Barr has referenced himself, in Eric Holder’s partisan fashion, as Trump’s “wing-man.”
Democrats and Liberal News Outlets should be THRILLED for our nation to have an Attorney General with such sterling credentials!

But based on past observations, they are more comfortable with, and have more respect for A.G.'s who fit the profile of Eric Holder.

President Obama's Attorney General, Eric Holder, ordered surveillance on a Fox News reporter.

He also had the communication records of 20 Associated Press journalists seized, in efforts to stop leaks of unwelcome news stories.

Eric Holder was also held in contempt of Congress, for failure to turn over subpoenaed documents using the cover of a presidential order of "executive privilege".

There is no suggestion that Barr has abused the perquisites of the office, for example, by using a government jet to go to the horse races with his family, as AG Eric Holder did in 2014. (Source: dailycaller.com... )

Attorney General Barr has avoided controversial value judgements about the nature of the American people, and polarizing rhetoric.
Source for above excerpts: www.nationalreview.com...

Just recently, Democrats and media were very excited when Eric Holder said he might run for President next year (2020).

Apparently, an honest Attorney General, with no history of scandal, is not who Democrats and Liberal Media want as the chief law enforcement officer of our nation. That's pretty sick, isn't it?

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/21/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's not the man. It's any person who would have the nerve to serve under this President.

The left has decided the right is evil. THAT is their new platform.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
wasn't he with Bush 1 and part of the Iran-Contra scandal?
edit on 21-4-2019 by XAnarchistX because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

What ?
Hmmm
What ?
I would hope one would know something of the subject BEFORE posting

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

or, and this might a new concept to you, I was asking because I was unsure

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Or, you just wanted to muddy the waters so you just threw it out there for the stars. 🌟

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Where Mueller intended to leave the job of judging Trump’s obstructive conduct to Congress, Barr interposed his own judgment. Barr offered this incredible statement for why Trump’s behavior was excusable: “[T]here is substantial evidence to show that the President was frustrated and angered by a sincere belief that the investigation was undermining his presidency, propelled by his political opponents, and fueled by illegal leaks,” Barr said. “Nonetheless, the White House fully cooperated with the Special Counsel’s investigation,” and credited him further with taking “no act that in fact deprived the Special Counsel of the documents and witnesses necessary to complete his investigation.”

nymag.com... -william-barr.html

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yes, Barr advised then President George Bush to pardon Caspar Weinberger who was due to be tried in regard to the Iran-Contra scandal.

Bush did pardon Weinberger which prevented Weinberger from implicating Bush (which Weinberger had previously indiciated that he would do) in the affair.

In the New York Times, Barr, who was AG at the time, was called "Coverup-General Barr".

He is hardly 'clean' of any scandal.

edit on 21/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Google is easy
I know because I was in my 20s during this time period.
But , I will give this in your favor
Bush and Barr WERE NOT INVOLVED in the Iran-Contra affair as stated by you. (or questioned)
That was allegedly Ronnie and before their time
However , Bush did pardon some of the folks allegedly involved .
Which is a President's right.
At least it was not mob bosses as with Bill or notorious big time gang leaders as with Barry
Barr stated his approval for those pardons of those folks allegedly involved.
I use the word allegedly as there was a lot of crap thrown into the fan to see what , if anything , would stick.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Loretta Lynch meets Bill on the tarmac to rig an investigation and the Democrats and their supporters say nothing to see here. They were just catching up on non-existing grand children.

AG Barr gives the most transparent report on an investigation ever given. Then those same people say he is highly partisan and in Trumps pocket. Just another day of liberal lunacy and is why nobody takes them serious anymore.
edit on 21-4-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

There is no Koolaid left, you guys already drank it all.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hes a lackey for trump and nothing more.
He will be impeached as well as trump.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
All they can do at this point is tarnish people’s names, which is par for the course considering that they’ve been engaging in McCarthyism and conspiracy theories for the past few years.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I just got De Ja Vu.

How strange.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

This is a time to celebrate! the left has actually made a good meme! congrats

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

BASELESS, FACTLESS SCREAMING!!!!!!

LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
All they can do at this point is tarnish people’s names, which is par for the course considering that they’ve been engaging in McCarthyism and conspiracy theories for the past few years.

Trump being a criminal didnt stick so now the Sunday morning news shows are saying he doesnt have the correct morality to be president.....

Lol

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Talk about drinking the koolaid.....

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not strange at all. You've witnessed the same stuff as I have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join