It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Gospel: Christ Alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
"American Gospel: Christ Alone" is a feature documentary about what Christianity really is and the false teachings that are going on in our nation today. This is a trailer for this documentary.

You cannot earn salvation. No church or so called holy man can grant salvation. For those who want to gain some understanding.....

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
At any given time during this simulation, only a single person is unaware it's a simulation. Everyone else is aware. Everyone else in involved in some way. Watching, manipulating, gambling, etc. All regarding the ONE who is unaware, in order to see what he/she will choose to do with the world set out before him/her. Their every thought, every decision changing the entire world/reality in some way...for you to enjoy

Oh, yeah, and did I mentioned that some of the beings watching can take rides on Jesus/possess Jesus during the whole thing, in order to experience through him?

Jesus died for you sins (for your entertainment). But he will find out the truth about how he was used. Or maybe he already has...

edit on 20-4-2019 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I wouldn't know anyone in heaven anyway. I try to be honest and do the best I can to be good, often not fitting into society correctly because I want to do things right. But, I don't count on ever making it into heaven, I do not do it to get accepted into heaven, I do it so I won't have any regrets when I am on my deathbed and die.

Jesus did not preach in churches, he did his work in nature much of the time. I like being in nature where I do not have to smell all the unnatural perfumes people wear at church.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wouldn't know anyone in heaven anyway. I try to be honest and do the best I can to be good, often not fitting into society correctly because I want to do things right. But, I don't count on ever making it into heaven, I do not do it to get accepted into heaven, I do it so I won't have any regrets when I am on my deathbed and die.

Jesus did not preach in churches, he did his work in nature much of the time. I like being in nature where I do not have to smell all the unnatural perfumes people wear at church.

Christ has invited all to come to his table (in heaven) All are accepted as they are with that invitation no matter the past.

It is up to each of us if we accept that invitation to strive for it by resisting temptation, prayer etc. As someone said, it can't be earned since an open invitation was already given. Evil forces want people to believe they won't make it to heaven, so might as well give up and not believe they have a chance.

Yeah it's an ongoing spiritual battle, but if you don't give up, you come out one day wearing the Armour of God, and you can feel the power of it.

I don't type these words lightly, and not meant for you but for anyone, even myself. It requires constant effort to stand fast against the devil, even with that Armour on.

Just for saying this publicly I could be personally hit with their filth, but I don't care because I have Christ leading me and even carrying me through it now.

People not yet in the kingdom of God won't know any of these things because the devil usually doesn't waste time on those who haven't accepted that good invitation. Once they do though, everything changes. Proof comes after the beginning faith, not before.
I have no idea what prompted me to say all of that, and tomorrow is Easter Sunday. Might not be a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The Jews become peaceful to Roman rule! Say it isn't so!

"Let's just go back to the drawing board, leave aside all of the assumptions of Christian history, look at the texts afresh, consider every possibility, and open the whole game up. By doing that we'll see that Christianity is really paganism by a different name.

Some of the Bible scholars are mavericks working outside the restrictions of mainstream religious institutions. This allows them the freedom to provide fresh insights and draw some startling conclusions about how Christianity was formed.

And for Joseph Atwill the key lies in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the only Jewish literature ever discovered from the first century AD or CE... the time Jesus would have been preaching among the Jews. The characters in the Dead Sea Scrolls were militaristic and you can see that this movement wanted to push the foreigners out of Israel; they were fundamentalists, whereas the characters of the Gospels are different.

They're pacifistic, they're turning the other cheek, they're giving the Caesar what is Caesar's. How did a movement like Christianity come to exist in a region that was occupied by Roman soldiers and had Jewish zealots within it that were going to push these Romans out? How was that possible?

Joseph began studying the other two major works of that era, The 'New testament' and the 'Wars of the Jews' by Josephus, a Roman court historian who described the war between the Romans and the Jews in the first century. While reading these works side by side he noticed an amazing connection between them.

Certain events from the ministry of Jesus seem to closely parallel episodes from the military campaign of Titus Flavius. A campaign which took place forty years after Jesus supposedly lived. Joseph's efforts to understand these connections led him to an incredible discovery. Christianity had been invented by a little known family of Roman Caesars, the Flavians, and they left us documents to prove it."

It's very hard to argue with Atwill's argument in regards to 40 typological associations all in the same sequence between the two literally works compared in his study.

Top Documentary Films Caesars Messiah

Here's the documentary:

By doing a comparison reading of The

"Josephus recorded Jewish history, with special emphasis on the first century CE and the First Jewish–Roman War (66-70 CE)[7], including the Siege of Masada. His most important works were The Jewish War (c. 75) and Antiquities of the Jews (c. 94).[8] The Jewish War recounts the Jewish revolt against Roman occupation. Antiquities of the Jews recounts the history of the world from a Jewish perspective for an ostensibly Greek and Roman audience. These works provide valuable insight into first century Judaism and the background of Early Christianity.[8]"

Josephus

"Caesar’s Messiah is a 2005 book by Joseph Atwill, which argues that the New Testament Gospels were written as wartime propaganda by scholars connected to the Roman imperial court of the Flavian emperors: Vespasian, Titus and Domitian. According to Atwill, their primary purpose in creating the religion was to control the spread of Judaism and moderate its political virulence. The Jewish nationalist Zealots had been defeated in the First Jewish–Roman War of 70 AD, but Judaism remained an influential movement throughout the Mediterranean region. Atwill argues that the biblical character Jesus Christ is a typological representation of the Roman Emperor Titus."

Caesar's Messiah

I think this is the paragraph I find most interesting in all the commentary on this work:

"And for Joseph Atwill the key lies in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the only Jewish literature ever discovered from the first century AD or CE... the time Jesus would have been preaching among the Jews. The characters in the Dead Sea Scrolls were militaristic and you can see that this movement wanted to push the foreigners out of Israel; they were fundamentalists, whereas the characters of the Gospels are different.

They're pacifistic, they're turning the other cheek, they're giving the Caesar what is Caesar's. How did a movement like Christianity come to exist in a region that was occupied by Roman soldiers and had Jewish zealots within it that were going to push these Romans out? How was that possible?"

The Middle East is not known for pacifism! It just seems to me religion would be the vehicle to deliver propaganda to a people at the time. If the people have a culture of rebellion then replace it with a culture of "turn the other cheek" and "give Caesar what is Caesar's". It just seems to me the Gospels really could be war-time occupational propaganda invented by the Romans. It's just seems possible to me. Jews would not be easily ruled without religious propaganda.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit on 21-4-2019 by Halfswede because: nvm

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's very hard to argue with Atwill's argument in regards to 40 typological associations all in the same sequence between the two literally works compared in his study.

Actually no. The Ceasar´s Messiah theory was debunked many times. It simply holds no water. One of the biggest problems this theory has is the existence of Christianity before 73 AD, when Atwill says that the idea was concocted by the Romans. Quite simply, if Christianity can be demonstrated to exist before that time, this theory is toast.

Take for example the famous historian Tacitus who says that Nero was persecuting Christians in Rome in 64 AD. He also mentions that "immense multitudes" of Christians were living in Rome at the time. Try to figure out why "immense multitudes" of Christians are in Rome ten years before Christianity was supposed to have been invented.?

Here is another logical problem with the theory. Why in the world would the Romans do this? They had already totally crushed the Jews in 70 AD, destroying the city and the temple.

When the Romans had a problem with people not wanting to conform to their rules, which they did often, they did what they do best: crush people into submission with war. And those who rebelled were crucified. There was never any need to do anything different, especially at this point in their history. Also, consider that the Jews weren't even a threat to them in any meaningful way.

Here is a link with a video. Refuting Joseph Atwill´s book Caesar´s Messiah Here are the segments of the video. :

Refuting Joseph Atwills’ Book Caesar’s Messiah

Segment 1 (0:00) – Caesar’s Messiah by Joseph Atwill posits that Rome’s Flavian’s used Josephus to make up the whole account of Jesus. How to refute this ridiculousness. Christians were getting persecuted 61 AD before the theory was even supposed to have been written 73 AD. The history is inconsistent. Why would the Romans need to do this? They wouldn’t. The Jews weren’t a threat.

Segment 2 (8:30) – Atwill’s ludicrous misappropriating of the Scriptures where he twists the Word to mean what he wants it to mean.

Segment 3 (18:29) – More refutations of Atwill’s book. People have been trying to debunk the Bible for over 2000 years and yet here it still stands!

Peace

top topics

join