It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY??? Why do people do this???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Okay...cooked for hours...in vinegar...to get the bitterness out! LOL!!

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like me a smoothy on occasion. A cup of milk, five scoops of Ice cream, and some vine ripened strawberries makes a real good combo with my commercial malt machine. Maybe even toss in some chocolate syrup and a banana on occasion.

The smoothies I've tasted by the daughter over the years might be good to a rabbit who has lost his teeth from old age.

Nah, that's a milk shake.

Replace the ice cream with yogurt, plain, or Greek yogurt, plain. Then do the strawberries and banana with maybe a small drizzle of honey and some cinnamon or flaked coconut. There's a smoothie.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But...but...but...what about KALE???

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Okay...cooked for hours...in vinegar...to get the bitterness out! LOL!!

I actually have a bunch of Tuscan/Northern Italian recipes that I use kale in, it's a very popular ingredient there.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: ketsuko

But...but...but...what about KALE???

We mostly make these for my kiddo, so if we're adding a leafy green to them ... it would be spinach, his leaf of choice. But I think he'd give us the stink eye if his smoothie arrived a weird sort of brown color (or green). I might have better luck convincing him to try one with avocado - another of his favorites.
edit on 21-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like me a smoothy on occasion. A cup of milk, five scoops of Ice cream, and some vine ripened strawberries makes a real good combo with my commercial malt machine. Maybe even toss in some chocolate syrup and a banana on occasion.

The smoothies I've tasted by the daughter over the years might be good to a rabbit who has lost his teeth from old age.

Nah, that's a milk shake.

Replace the ice cream with yogurt, plain, or Greek yogurt, plain. Then do the strawberries and banana with maybe a small drizzle of honey and some cinnamon or flaked coconut. There's a smoothie.

Any type of aged food gives me a headache. I get a hangover off of yogurt or those smelly cheeses. I had my genetics done and it explains why I get the headaches, I do not make much of the enzyme that breaks down dopamine and some other neurochemicals, so I have to watch the aged foods and only moderate amounts of stuff like pepperoni or hot dogs and lunch meats. I like them but they negatively effect me quite badly.

If I am working hard and sweating a lot, I can eat more foods like that.....I am sixty three, what the hell do I want to be out working my tail off and sweating for. I did enough of that when I was young and fit. exercise actually makes you dumb, endorphins dumb you down.

posted on Apr, 21 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Kale is one of my favorite peasant foods.
Though the hipsters have taken it out of the peasant market.

As a kid I remember it as a spring and fall crop, two seasons.
Southern Maryland Stuffed Ham, end of season, with a seafood buffet. Kaley HAM!
www.fairmontmoments.com...

I still eat it often, and as others have mentioned, in soup it is awesome.

or try this:

Saute big fat shrimp in olive oil, garlic and cumin (they have to be raw, not precooked, and still in shell.)
I like the red Argentinian shrimp.

Put the shrimp aside, reserve the liquid.
Add some water to the liquid and toss in handful after handful of kale as it cooks down, cover it and let it steam for a while. when done, a shot of balsamic vinegar stirred in (not too much) and serve next to the shrimp. very good!

edit on 21-4-2019 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join