It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI arrests militia member near border, described as "armed vigilante"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Alien Abduct

My problem is vigilante justice isn't the answer to this mess, it's not up to citizens to enforce the law.

Why not? What's your solution?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

My problem is vigilante justice isn't the answer to this mess, it's not up to citizens to enforce the law.

Uhh idk genius mabey let the authorities who are trained and at least vetted somewhat through the hiring process due there gd jobs?

As another poster stated months ago(since this thread is about 6 months old) this idiot has priors for impersonating a police officer. Which until now, I was under the assumption everyone, regardless of what side of the political isle you are on understood was a serious felony...... so whats with the effort to make this moron look like some sort of avenger from some of the right leaning memebers on this forum?

Dude is a convicted felon in possesion of a firearm. The fbi did the right thing end of story. This mans an idiot and anyone with half a brain can see hes not the person that should be doing that.

But as always this is just one more example of your classic hypocritical repubelican.

" we're not racist! We don't mind if they come here legally, we just have respect for the rule of law! So half of us are gonna support a dumbass breaking the law themselves on order to prevent the "invaders" from breaking the law"

Yea....makes complete sense.

edit on 21-10-2019 by Jg513 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think there is a distinction between "Justice" and "Apprehension" or "Capture" as meting out justice is liberally bandied about in this discussion in error.

Private citizens deciding "justice" or punishment on their own = vigilantism

Private citizens arresting lawbreakers and turning over to authorities for justice to be served is NOT in any shape, form or manner vigilantism.

Its rather good citizenship though.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jg513

Huge amounts of resources go into law enforcement so they have the capacity to enforce the law, perhaps they should be left to do their job, if you want to act like a police officer you should be arrested for impersonation one.

Weird, I thought I replied to alienabduct, i must have hot the wrong button.

edit on 21-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

I agree with you there, but it's also fair to say that going to the border looking for illegals is vigilante behaviour.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Phoenix

I agree with you there, but it's also fair to say that going to the border looking for illegals is vigilante behaviour.

I know this may shock you, but as a citizen of the United states, it's lawful to assist law enforcement. Border patrol is law enforcement.

they don't even have to ask for help.

also, as a citizen of the united states, you can make a citizens arrest, if you see a law being broken, and it's Legal.

so yea the rest of those folks can legally be there arresting folks.

which is why the convicted felon and no one else went to jail..

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

We have similar laws here, so there's a fine line between assisting and vigilanteing, it's law enforcement that decide if you've crossed that line. In this guys case he clearly shouldn't have been there doing what he was doing.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

no he was arrested for felony firearm possesion, not being on the border arresting illegals.

why spread misinformation??

your were editing as I was repling sorry

he would have been arrested anywhere because of a weapon, not for what he was doing
edit on 21-10-2019 by thedigirati because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Was he at the border ? With firearms ?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

the location had nothing to do with the arrest the firearm even in his own home would still get him arrested.

you get a felony you do not get firearms any longer.

he can be around firearms, he just cannot carry them himself, pistol or rifle I think they can carry a BB air rifle, but that is all

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Semantics aside this guy messed up, broke the law and was arrested, fair to say the location does matter because if he was at home chances are he wouldn't have been arrested.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Larry Mitchell Hopkins, not even his real name, and wasn't Johnny Hortons son. He was well known here in NM and embodies the phrase..."Patriotism, last refuge of a scoundrel."

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jg513

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Uhh idk genius mabey let the authorities who are trained and at least vetted somewhat through the hiring process due there gd jobs?

As another poster stated months ago(since this thread is about 6 months old) this idiot has priors for impersonating a police officer. Which until now, I was under the assumption everyone, regardless of what side of the political isle you are on understood was a serious felony...... so whats with the effort to make this moron look like some sort of avenger from some of the right leaning memebers on this forum?

Dude is a convicted felon in possesion of a firearm. The fbi did the right thing end of story. This mans an idiot and anyone with half a brain can see hes not the person that should be doing that.

But as always this is just one more example of your classic hypocritical repubelican.

" we're not racist! We don't mind if they come here legally, we just have respect for the rule of law! So half of us are gonna support a dumbass breaking the law themselves on order to prevent the "invaders" from breaking the law"

Yea....makes complete sense.

I haven't read this entire thread but I'm willing to bet that you won't be able to quote anyone in here supporting the felon being able to possess firearms and I certainly did not. So your argument there goes out the window.

As far as your statement....

mabey let the authorities who are trained and at least vetted somewhat through the hiring process due there gd jobs?

It seems they are unable to do their job because of a lack of a border barrier, lack of funding, lack of enough help and an influx of a massive amount of illegals crossing the border.

So yeah, they need help. Many of those citizens helping out at the border are ex military and police officers so that's vetted enough for me. I have no problem with them helping. I dont condone any felons possessing firearms.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join