It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats and Media currently commiting Obstruction of Justice by own definition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So now that the democrats and media have been found to have been lying about Russian collusion for two years, they seek to change the subject and scream obstruction.

They claim that even though trump didn't cause the investigation to be impeded, he considered taking actions that may have done that, and the success of the obstruction is irrelevant to rather or not it is a crime.

They also say the law shows he didn't have to have obstructed just an investigation into himself, but into anyone connected to him.

Now I have argued on other threads why I feel trump did not commit obstruction, so that's not what this is about.

What I want to ask is this.

If trump criticizing the mueller investigation, calling people supporting it names, saying the investigators should be fired or insulting them in ways, or saying there was no crime and the investigation is bad or should be ended is obstruction;

Then how is it that democrats, intel people like comey, and media people aren't guilty of obstruction themselves.

We know for a fact that IG horowitz and investigator Huber are both conducting investigations into democrats, fbi officials and others into pssible corrupt conduct involving the Russia investigation.

Not only are Democrats and FBI officials possibly being investigated, but also possible media people that were engaged in potential illegal behavior with FBI officials in leaks.

So because this investigation is ongoing, doesn't that mean that every democratic politician and media person that complained when Barr said we need to investigate the spying on Trump team, and said he should resign for that, have in fact committed obstruction?

Lets make this real simple.

These people feel Trump suggesting firing Mueller who was leading an investigation is obstruction.

But the same people who are being investigated (or those they have an interest in protecting) suggesting firing or having Barr resign, who is the head of the agencies investigating the Russia investigation, is perfectly fine.

Of course the hypocrisy and double standards are to be expected from people that lied about trump working illegally with Russians for two years, only to then immediately ignore the fact they were proven to be liars and then complain trump being upset about the lies is itself a crime.

Its the same crew who thinks trump considering firing mueller, or tweeting mean things is obstruction, but Hillarys team deleting subpoenaed evidence wasn't.

So now they accuse trump of obstruction for the very things they are doing.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This is how true fascism works.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So now that the democrats and media have been found to have been lying about Russian collusion for two years

Of course, this is a lie, right off the bat.

they seek to change the subject and scream obstruction.

Obstruction was always a front and center charge, and not some new form of deflection the Dems drummed up because they didn't get a criminal conspiracy charge. People have been screaming obstruction from the day Trump fired Comey.
edit on 20-4-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So now that the democrats and media have been found to have been lying about Russian collusion for two years

Obstruction was always a front and center charge, and not some new form of deflection the Dems drummed up because they didn't get a criminal conspiracy charge. People have been screaming obstruction from the day Trump fired Comey.

I know I know, you still believe in the Russian collusion hoax.

Even after Mueller, you still think its real.

Those of us that read the report see that no one in trump campaign illegally conspired with Russians.

Obstruction has become the deflection, as we can all see.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I keep waiting for the day the left finally decides to mount an issue based opposition to Trump's second term....a far more dangerous strategy to Trump than what they've been doing for the last three years.

But I guess they won't deliver.

2020 is on track to be Trump's. But 2024 will be the most fascinating election in my lifetime. What happens when Trump is gone?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

And this is how true fascism begins....

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 20-4-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Obstruction where. Firing Comey was well within the powers of the office. So where else has he possibly obstructed?

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.theguardian.com...

Oh, yeah mean exactly what AntiFa does? Fighting fire with fire.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Mueller laid out no less than 10 examples in his report, to begin with.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Although, I do not agree with radical white supremacists views, the example in the link was about a state representative. Hardly a "big fish".

My bigger point, though, is that "talking" about, or having a different view, no matter how distateful, is not, in and of itself, a fascist act.

It is known as free speech, a right protected by the constitution.

Trying to silence a viewpoint with violence, however, is fascism.

Confusing the two is how we have arrived where we are now, with people assaulting others because they wear a certain hat, or death threats to a Muslim representative, for perceived anti semetic remarks.

It is human nature to fight what one disagrees with. That is why we have laws.

Destroying the right of free speech is not the answer.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No. Fascism prevails by the willing mass hysteria of the people. It can come from either side. But the left has the right lapped by miles as things stand.

But I don't really feel like I need to convince you- not that I think I'd ever have a real chance of ever doing that.

But one day, I feel certain, you will come to realize how poorly played the left had it.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Mueller laid out no less than 10 examples in his report, to begin with.

And stated they couldn't find enough evidence in the end.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The Democrats do the same thing they are accusing Trump of all the time. They should know that Trump was technically obstruction justice because they are experts at doing it. But remember, it is only bad if it is a Republican doing it.

Trump has the right to protect himself from improper procecution. That is the right of every citizen in the country. If people are saying you are breaking the law and you aren't, then you have the right to protect yourself in a legal manner. If you don't chances are you will be judged wrongly. The Dems know this, they constantly protect themselves from being accused of doing improper things. Right now they are on the defense, they are trying to twist public perception in their favor even though they wrongly accused Trump of Collusion with the Russian government.

Russia is not our enemy, they are just a Rival in this reality. I am sure that most people in the world do not want Russia as an enemy and war to break out with nukes flying everywhere. Except those who can benefit by half the population being destroyed in the world.

The ones in this country that have government purchased bunkers are the ones that start the wars. We do not have access to these bunkers and we have no sayso whether we should fire Russia up and start a war. The same goes for the people in Russia, the high ranking government officials have access to the bunkers but not the ordinary people. It should be the other way around, but it is not.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Isn't that similar to being accused of murder, where even though I don't have enough evidence to move forward with a prosecution, the fact I've looked at the dead body means you're guilty of murder?

This is the left's view of the rule of law.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That most certainly isn't what the Mueller report stated. Mueller stated that he wouldn't indict a sitting president, due to DOJ policy. Mueller stated that they were unable to clear Trump of obstruction charges and referred to the Constitutional role of Congress.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Isn't that similar to being accused of murder, where even though I don't have enough evidence to move forward with a prosecution, the fact I've looked at the dead body means you're guilty of murder?

This is the left's view of the rule of law.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

That most certainly isn't what the Mueller report stated. Mueller stated that he wouldn't indict a sitting president, due to DOJ policy. Mueller stated that they were unable to clear Trump of obstruction charges and referred to the Constitutional role of Congress.

Please quote to us where it stated in the Mueller report that he wouldn't indict a sitting President as the reason for Mueller not having enough evidence to indict.

Thanks in advance for the link.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Obstruction where. Firing Comey was well within the powers of the office. So where else has he possibly obstructed?

One of my favourite parts of this story that historians will rightly laugh at is that Democrats blamed Comey for the election and screamed for his dismissal, the Deputy Attorney General wrote a letter saying Comey had harmed the Bureau, violated policies (and the law as it turned out), and that the DOJ had no faith in his ability or ability to reform, and that as DAG reccommended Comey be fired.
Then after he is fired by the President, the very same DAG launches a Special Counsel's investigation on the basis Trump fired Comey (at his very own reccomendation!), and the DNC screams "obstruction"!

posted on Apr, 20 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Too late.

Naming herself simply as Jane, the whistleblower claims that Morrow required homeless residents to participate in activism, demonstrations, and political rallies “as a condition for housing.” That, she alleges, was labeled as “PC,” or “participation credit” by Nickelsville.

These fascists uhave been using the "homeless" and "homefree" as tools for their agenda. Typical for Trotskyist, so I'm not surprised. Disgusted but not surprised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join